Buy Sell Strategy for GBP JPY - page 4

I do not understand rules your last trade....

Participant waddahattar - Automated Trading Championship 2007

In 22:00 ea open sell 1L and 2nd sell 1.5L

Why?

Rules is 22:00 buy and sell... or not?

Congratulations!

saintmo:
I wish waddah the best in both the championship and his other efforts. He has been generous to and insightful with the trading community. However this strategy did not work for a long period of time earlier this year. (Did you miss that waddah mentioned that himself in the post previous to yours?) The backtests revealed this and this is a stategy that is easy to confirm manually. Whether it works going forward for the duration of the championship or for the next ten years, no one knows. All we do know from the backtests is that recent trading circumstances, that may recur, produced large drawdowns and overall unprofitable results using this system for the entire year.

Nevermind..

I believe there still no strategy work good for a long period of time, it always depends on the market..but I believe if we have a good risk management, we can reduce the lost and increase the profit.

and why waddah set the TakeProfit 330, and StopLoss 200 and only open position on 22:00 GMT, Because he had made research for the movement of GBPJPY before..

frantacech:
I do not understand rules your last trade....

Participant waddahattar - Automated Trading Championship 2007

In 22:00 ea open sell 1L and 2nd sell 1.5L

Why?

Rules is 22:00 buy and sell... or not?

Congratulations!

Please read from the beginning frantacech,

Let me explain, because of the SL hit, the expert open more order according to win position.

in this case buy position SL was hit, instantly the EA open more sell position with the same TP and SL..

and about the 1.5L, i think the EA has it's own money management function

Hi All

This is a paid strayegy from Don Corleone @ $99 and is doing disastorously compared to the real Don Waddah

Now why they pay $99 to lose money?

Same GBP/JPY strategy

Participant Steinitz - Automated Trading Championship 2007

El

primajaya:
Please read from the beginning frantacech,

Let me explain, because of the SL hit, the expert open more order according to win position.

in this case buy position SL was hit, instantly the EA open more sell position with the same TP and SL..

and about the 1.5L, i think the EA has it's own money management function

Hmm, yesterday sell hit sl and buy + next buy hit TP - ok

in 22h open 2x sell.

I waited in new round 1x buy and 1x sell.

I do not understand rules for open 2x sell in new round.

Your code ea copy Waddah position?

why do i bother

Files:
primajaya.htm  23 kb
primajaya.gif  7 kb

frantacech:
Hmm, yesterday sell hit sl and buy + next buy hit TP - ok

in 22h open 2x sell.

I waited in new round 1x buy and 1x sell.

I do not understand rules for open 2x sell in new round.

Your code ea copy Waddah position?

Yeah... perhaps there was another strategy behind the EA,

I don't know, just wait for waddah explanation..

Automatically Put Orders

Hi Bros,

I activate Waddah Attar's EA, and I found some strange things;

1. It automatically place orders even it is not 22GMT, can anybody experience this things? Asking this because i read before Waddah mentioned it will only open trade on 22GMT...

2. sometime the EA open trade on same position...both sell or both buy ...

thanks for reply,

gabrielhky

p/s. is 22GMT mean 22:00:00 on market watch's display time?

I think that a very important thing to notice are that the result differs a lot depending on the day you start the EA (here I am talking about Primajaya EA).

For instance if you start a backtest from October 1st to now, results are very good.

But if you start if from September 27 to now, results are very poor just because it was not started on the same day and then all trades become different.

It was good that the competition started on October 1st and not on September 27 ! But also maybe Waddah EA is more complex that what we only see.

Anyway, good luck to you Waddah for the championship !

Ftw

I have fixed a little mistake..

This ea also has Good result on the EURUSD back test

Target=100

StopLoss=65

The new EA will always in the first post..

I changed the name to FTW.. (Follow The Winner)

Pj..

Files:
ftwpic.jpg  101 kb
ftw.htm  78 kb
ftw.mq4  4 kb