OILFXPRO double-quad b/o free version E A - page 11

Here is where most trading strategies are copied from

Spotting Breakouts As Easy As ACD

el cid:
Here is where most trading strategies are copied from Spotting Breakouts As Easy As ACD

This article is from 2004, may as well be the Cretaceous - market conditions have changed completely since that was penned imo.

Ironically, one of my best performing EA's at the moment is a simple breakout strategy - GBPUSD, yesterdays Hi/Lo, 10pips TP. No loss for about 2 weeks...

omelette:
This article is from 2004, may as well be the Cretaceous - market conditions have changed completely since that was penned imo. Ironically, one of my best performing EA's at the moment is a simple breakout strategy - GBPUSD, yesterdays Hi/Lo, 10pips TP. No loss for about 2 weeks...

You may be right .10 pip stop and 10 pip t/p and you have 3 spread may not be good long term

If you use 30 stop and 10 pip ,it is a receipe for long term disaster due to negative expectancy

Idea is to use the above EA as part of a portfolio of EAS to cater for all types of market conditions , with a balanced positive expectancy portfolio

El Cid

omelette:
Ironically, one of my best performing EA's at the moment is a simple breakout strategy - GBPUSD, yesterdays Hi/Lo, 10pips TP. No loss for about 2 weeks...

I really do not understand why u bother with it!I stopped backtesting half way through the test

El Cid

Files:
omlette.gif  6 kb
omlette.htm  282 kb

el cid:
I really do not understand why u bother with it!I stopped backtesting half way through the test El Cid

My point was that this is what is working atm, probably due to the chaotic nature (imo) of todays markets. I posted an equity curve of a no-loser EA of mine (read, martingaler) in another thread, that closed all positions once a certain account drawdown was reached. What it showed me was that for the last year, the number of % drawdowns has continued to increase, requiring this d/d percentage be continually increased in order to end with a winning trade. I see this a sign that volatility is still increasing.

Banned

Oops lol

Hi Folks

Great day today 152 pips closed profit

use the free professional quality EAS from first post

Files:

free expert advisors

free system

honest results

Hi

The honest system produces 170 pips today on sngle breakouts

Duo produces double