SYNERGY Trading Method - page 23

Autumn:

In your posts, sometimes I think you are talking about my Ind/EA, sometimes yours. If you are speaking of mine, could you mention me in there so I know? Otherwise I will assume you are talking about yours.

And BTW, some sort of concerted testing effort is always a good idea, but orchestrating is the hard part, and I don't have time to oversee that. If someone else wants to contribute by getting folks going, I will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

-Derk

autumnleaves:
Here are today's screens at 8 p.m. EST

Method and Madness

Hi Derk,

Sorry for any ambiguity. In fact, recently I have only discussed results with your system, as you can see from the chart shots I posted. By the way, I have had no trades overnight with SynergyEA on EURUSD and USDJDY, but I suspect that my inputs are not right. It would be nice to have a set of suggested settings, and perhaps a table describing all the inputs and the wingdings that appear on the chart.

I think that the best environment for forward testing is a single installation per person, with one currency pair per person. If we can get 4 or 5 pairs running like this, we may get meaningful data. Each day testers should send screenshots and MT4 reports so you can see the exact behaviour of each trade (or lack thereof).

For backtesting, we need to know a range of inputs to test for each parameter, and again, a dedicated install that does not go online, otherwise the data becomes mixed.

Henceforth I will call my version Chimera, and I will upload a new version myself later.

One concern I have about HA and PAC is that there is too much lag. Have you considered the possibility of using a Simple rather than Smoothed MA or even Envelopes rather than the 2 MAs?

autumn

autumn, please post your indicator in a new thread

Hi autumn,

I really appreaciate your contribution to this thread, your suggestions have really helped the growth of the development of this software.

We wouldn't want to deviate from the actual method/syntax of this trading method as stated in the PDF File, if you feel that the indicators are lagging and this called for introduction of different indicators, i think you should start a new thread and describe your method.

really, any deviation from the method in the post 1# would not be tolerate as am sure it will cause distraction and confusion.

thanks bro

autumnleaves:
Hi Derk,

Sorry for any ambiguity. In fact, recently I have only discussed results with your system, as you can see from the chart shots I posted. By the way, I have had no trades overnight with SynergyEA on EURUSD and USDJDY, but I suspect that my inputs are not right. It would be nice to have a set of suggested settings, and perhaps a table describing all the inputs and the wingdings that appear on the chart.

I think that the best environment for forward testing is a single installation per person, with one currency pair per person. If we can get 4 or 5 pairs running like this, we may get meaningful data. Each day testers should send screenshots and MT4 reports so you can see the exact behaviour of each trade (or lack thereof).

For backtesting, we need to know a range of inputs to test for each parameter, and again, a dedicated install that does not go online, otherwise the data becomes mixed.

Henceforth I will call my version Chimera, and I will upload a new version myself later.

One concern I have about HA and PAC is that there is too much lag. Have you considered the possibility of using a Simple rather than Smoothed MA or even Envelopes rather than the 2 MAs?

autumn

Autumn:

In contrast to Fowope's comments, I am for whatever works best, but I am hesitant to change things in my code unless there is some convincing analysis to back it up and prove it worthwhile. We already tried that with a few things, which is why the program has several unused entry/exit options still. If you/others want to do some serious analysis and can show how specific use of some indicator can cut losses, then great; I will program it.

In regard to settings for various pairs, I believe I already covered that in the new text on post #65. But to recap, my recommendation is defaults on GPYJPY H1 chart. If you change it to another (less volatile) pair, and/or shorter TF, you may need to reduce TakeProfit and TrailingValue. But I have not tested others so do not know.

Regarding explanation of settings / instructions, I will get to that when I can, and will include it with the installation instructions.

Happy Bird-day

-Derk

Questions and suggestions

Hi Dirk

Very interesting strategy and very good work developped !

Few questions and suggestions :

-would it be possible to make a screen copy of settings file of the Ea

- based on that i am ready to run this Ea on a demo account on 24 hours based and post here a link for a live access on statement with a refresh every 5 min

- This could help to analyze trades and improve the ea if needed

- please inform what are best pairs and time frame to be used

- inform about MMangement used or recommended

- Do U have any demo statement available based on this EA ?

Awaiting your answer

k regards

Jerome

DerkWehler:
Autumn: Unlike Fowope's comments, I am for whatever works best, but I am hesitant to change things in my code unless there is some very convincing analysis to back it up and prove it worth while.

Answers inline below...

zifx25000:
Hi Dirk

Very interesting strategy and very good work developped !

Few questions and suggestions :

- would it be possible to make a screen copy of settings file of the Ea

For what purpose? I'm not sure what you mean by a screen copy of settings. My only suggestions have already been posted. If you would like to try other pairs/TFs, it is up to you to experiment. I really don't know any more than you; I am just running on what I suspect is the best.

- based on that i am ready to run this Ea on a demo account on 24 hours based and post here a link for a live access on statement with a refresh every 5 min

Well, we could certainly dream up some other pairs/settings to try. Originally I was always testing on the GBPUSD, but the movement was not sufficient, so I went to GBPJPY. My next choice would probably be EURJPY, but only because I suspect it is also pretty volatile. Any pair you feel tends to trend would be advised; ranging kills this strategy.

- This could help to analyze trades and improve the ea if needed

- please inform what are best pairs and time frame to be used

Above

- inform about MMangement used or recommended

- Do U have any demo statement available based on this EA ?

No; it has not run long enough to post anything. I just started it on a new account this week when I finished the changes. I have only one more possible change in mind, and that is to have an option where it will not take two trades in a row in the same direction. The reason for this is to be able to better use the ATR stop option. Right now, enabling that option with the right multiplier can do well to lock in good profits, but once it is out of the trade, it tends to get another late signal in the same direction, and then loses on that trade. But I am not sure it will be best to force it to trade opposite; we could still miss good trades that way, so I am still pondering a better method.

The ATR stop option can be a powerful one; I will either explain it in the forthcoming instructions, or make a post about it, as it takes a little bit to grasp how it works.

k regards

Jerome

jump:
yikes! how do i get the alert to behave? Other than turning it off completely? ty

Jump:

BTW, what do you mean by "behave"? What is it doing?

Charts for Nov 22

Here are the Synergy EA charts for Nov 22. I have updated the files to the new ones posted by Derk today. All now on default settings. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

autumn

screenshots for synergy Indicators

Congratulations!

The Stnergy Indicator is working well and attached are the screenshots for today's trading as picked by the indicator.

oops!

screenshots not attaching

sambodi help me

my EA is not picking trades........ i thought it should pick trade concurrently with the manual indicator but mine is not and i maintain the normal setting....

somebadihelp