SYNERGY Trading Method - page 8

Add Page Alert

SwingMan, have you had a chance to look at adding the email alert to your indicator ? I attempted adding it to the 'Entry Signal' but I get way too many pages, I did something wrong. I have it attached if you want to take a look, thx

Files:

Hello Derk,

There seems to be a conflict: On page 51 it says enter then green > 50 and above red and above yellow. Yet on page 49 it says avoid entering long when green line is above upper blue, > 50 and > 68. Do they mean (on 49) to avoid it only if all three of those are true?

The green line displays RSI Price Line. RSI over 50 means bullish and under 50 means bearish. A RSI PL over 68 means overbought and under 32 oversold. Therefore, I think that all conditions must be on hand.

Better to say: Avoid entering a Long trade when RSI PL > 68 and avoid entering a Short trade when RSI PL < 32.

As far as the 2nd bullet on 49, "Consider adding to the trade if...", I have not done anything yet to show that.

The rules say: "Consider adding to Long trade if RSI PL > the upper volatility band and >50, but <68. Consider to Short trade if RSI PL < the lower volatility band and 32." I have some problems in understanding these rules. Maybe the following interpretation is correct ...

In the appendix you see a daily chart of the EUR/GBP. On Oct. 3rd, haClose is below the PAC Low and PAC is trending down. This means basically "Go Short". But when looking at the TDI you'll see, that the RSI PL is above 50. So that cancels the Short Signal. Now you have to wait until RSI PL also falls under 50 before entering a Short position.

Maybe my interpretation is not right. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3) Yes, I can add an "Alert" call, if that is what you mean.

I'm very pleased if anyone can construct an indicator with the arrows and audible alarm like it's shown on the CompassFX website (see appendix also) ... This makes the signals to see easier ...

Files:

Updated Indicator

Greets:

I have updated my indicator with a couple more features:

1) Added alerts

2) Added a legend to tell what the exit codes mean

3) Added "add to position" arrows, according to the synergy specs.

The entry arrows are solid, the "add to position" arrows are hollow.

4) Added a filter to not enter a buy trade if green line above 68 (or

below 32 for sell). You can turn this on and off using the

"UseEntry68_32" setting.

OTHER SETTINGS:

"UseSmallerExit" setting decides whether to exit a trade if the HA candle is "much smaller" than the previous. "DefineSmaller" tells what 'smaller' means, as a percentage. Default is 0.08, meaning 8%, which is the best setting I found with minor testing.

"ReqRedYellowCombo" will, if set true, require the red to be above yellow for long, or below for short entry.

"UseVolExpanding" will, if set true, require the volatility (blue) bands to be expanding in order for a trade to be signaled.

Updated file can be found in my previous post, #65

If you have any good suggestion to filter bad trades or stay in good ones, please let me know.

Best,

-Derk

Thanks Derk,

but I don't see any arrows on the charts after loading your indicator ...

There's a small notice above the last bar: "0 pips: 2057 Bars".

What's wrong?

Files:
fxdd_1.gif  21 kb

Chris29:
Better to say: Avoid entering a Long trade when RSI PL > 68 and avoid entering a Short trade when RSI PL < 32.

You will see by my post above that I added this, but I made it an option because the numbers indicated it did not help.

The rules say: "Consider adding to Long trade if RSI PL > the upper volatility band and >50, but <68. Consider to Short trade if RSI PL < the lower volatility band and 32." I have some problems in understanding these rules. Maybe the following interpretation is correct ...

In the appendix you see a daily chart of the EUR/GBP. On Oct. 3rd, haClose is below the PAC Low and PAC is trending down. This means basically "Go Short". But when looking at the TDI you'll see, that the RSI PL is above 50. So that cancels the Short Signal. Now you have to wait until RSI PL also falls under 50 before entering a Short position.

Maybe my interpretation is not right. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are right.

I'm very pleased if anyone can construct an indicator with the arrows and audible alarm like it's shown on the CompassFX website (see appendix also) ... This makes the signals to see easier ...

I believe mine satisfies most if not all your requests now.

Good trading,

-Derk

Chris29:
Thanks Derk,

but I don't see any arrows on the charts after loading your indicator ...

There's a small notice above the last bar: "0 pips: 2057 Bars".

What's wrong?

I re-downloaded and checked the code, as well as the functioning. Works fine. Can you check your experts and journal tab; look for errors?

-Derk

I found the error. You indicator only works if you rename the TDI into Traders_Dynamic_Index.ex4 ...

I just renamed it and now it works ... It looks really great ...

Thank you so far ...

cochran1:
SwingMan, have you had a chance to look at adding the email alert to your indicator ? I attempted adding it to the 'Entry Signal' but I get way too many pages, I did something wrong. I have it attached if you want to take a look, thx

- Yes, I do this, but only in the weekend.

I must still solve the problem with repeated signals and repainting, maybe today or tomorrow.

Add Page Alert

Thank you, ..

Hello,

I tested Derk's indicator the whole day and I didn't found any mistakes. It really works very well.

I think the numbers at the exit signals are the profits or losses, right? Does the yellow number "3065 pips" the whole profit when trading the last 2089 Bars?

Looking through the last signals I can't overlook that there are many false signals generated by the system. Especially in trading ranges and time's of low volaility the system doesn't work as well as when the market is trending.

Derk, you already upgraded the indicator with the "UseVolExpanding" option. I think, that means that only an entry signal is generated when volatility is expanding. Do you use the bollinger bands of the TDI?

Let's have a look at the CompassFX website again. The advanced Synergy method consists of four additional indicators:

Continuation- Follows the underlying trend of the market. Used to keep a trader in a trade longer to potentially capture more profits.

Price Action Volatility - Determines how strong or weak a potential trade is...and when an existing trade is losing its momentum.

Range Factor - Automatically adjusts with price movement to show which side of the market to trade...and when not to trade.

Dynamic Support & Resistance- Daily Support and Resistance levels are no match to Support and Resistance levels that move dynamically with Price Action. Also, it can be used as an indicator for adding to an existing position.

Does anyone own these indicators and can post it here?