MT 4 EAs don't work says broker - page 2

Does either of the above companies support MT4 platform?

Could you make your post clear?...who are you addressing? and please name those two companies?

ty

es

jimven:
Does either of the above companies support MT4 platform?

ElectricSavant:
Could you make your post clear?...who are you addressing? and please name those two companies?

ty

es

ElectricSavant:

Well, there are ONLY two companies mentioned in the "above" post, which you posted... I'm sorry it wasn't clear!

I clicked on the links to both companies, but it wasn't immediately clear, even on their home pages, whether either one supported MT4. Both highlighted trading platforms that did not look like the Metatrader MT4 platform. (BTW, I realize you were quoting someone else's email in your post.)

The first one has a home page at Forex | currency trading | forex trading | forex broker (FXCM). The other was atForex | Forex Trading | Forex Minis | Online Currency Trading (GAIN).

But wasn't the article about getting away from the MT4 plug in...?

The purpose of the post and how it applied to the thread...was to alert all MT4 users that their dealer has this "slowing" software...

There were conversations in here about MT3 too, thus the article....

I cannot recommend any dealers...THEY ARE ALL THIEVES

ES

jimven:
ElectricSavant:

Well, there are ONLY two companies mentioned in the "above" post, which you posted... I'm sorry it wasn't clear!

I clicked on the links to both companies, but it wasn't immediately clear, even on their home pages, whether either one supported MT4. Both highlighted trading platforms that did not look like the Metatrader MT4 platform. (BTW, I realize you were quoting someone else's email in your post.)

The first one has a home page at Forex | currency trading | forex trading | forex broker (FXCM). The other was atForex | Forex Trading | Forex Minis | Online Currency Trading (GAIN).

This all sounds a bit conspiracy minded to me. I have never used MT3 but I can't see how using MT3 would make a difference over MT4. First I don't know if there is even a difference on the server side between MT3 and MT4 feeds and if there is, why would they manipulate price on one and not the other? Price is price, and anything you do is going to be based upon that.

This is not to say that broker's don't shade price and run stops, but I don't think this happens on an individual level. I never really bought the line that each and every retail trader is having his individual stops run by his broker to make him unprofitable. I'm sure brokers might add a few extra pips on a run to everyone's feed to catch a few extra stops, but I don't think there is someone at the dealing desk watching every order from every customer across every pair with a magical "run stop" button that they can press to make Joe Trader's life miserable. I think this is more of a case of looking for someone to blame, but I have been wrong before.

The easy way to solve this issue would be for everyone to post their 1m data for EURUSD for the last week (live, not strategy tester data) from IBFX and we can all compare...unless everyone here is an IBFX spy bent on world domination. Or just work on 4hr and daily timeframes, its not like IBFX is going to misquote you by 500 pips. This isn't NFP day at Oanda after all.

Static...the software plugin that is sold is tailored for MT4...This is internal to us...we do not see this...But pretend you are a dealer...Plug-in's beyond your wildest imagination are available to dealers for MT4...

static:
This all sounds a bit conspiracy minded to me. I have never used MT3 but I can't see how using MT3 would make a difference over MT4. First I don't know if there is even a difference on the server side between MT3 and MT4 feeds and if there is, why would they manipulate price on one and not the other? Price is price, and anything you do is going to be based upon that.

This is not to say that broker's don't shade price and run stops, but I don't think this happens on an individual level. I never really bought the line that each and every retail trader is having his individual stops run by his broker to make him unprofitable. I'm sure brokers might add a few extra pips on a run to everyone's feed to catch a few extra stops, but I don't think there is someone at the dealing desk watching every order from every customer across every pair with a magical "run stop" button that they can press to make Joe Trader's life miserable. I think this is more of a case of looking for someone to blame, but I have been wrong before.

The easy way to solve this issue would be for everyone to post their 1m data for EURUSD for the last week (live, not strategy tester data) from IBFX and we can all compare...unless everyone here is an IBFX spy bent on world domination. Or just work on 4hr and daily timeframes, its not like IBFX is going to misquote you by 500 pips. This isn't NFP day at Oanda after all.

Timing I could see, getting people in or out late is plausible but altering individual feeds to screw people up I don't buy. And my post was aimed more at the OP, he says he deleted his EA from the desktop but it kept trading... when EAs are in the ..\MT4\experts\ folder (or whatever you named it), and that because they couldn't stop the EA from trading now MT4 is somehow a tool of the broker to make you loose money. But switching to MT3 would apparently solve this problem (even with the same broker?).

The whole thing just seemed a little hysterical and unfounded, but maybe I misread. I think a lot of people have trouble admitting that they can loose money without and shady tactics from their broker.

I'm not really disagreeing with you here, I just don't think that any kind of manipulation occurred in this case. I know that dealers across the board have different rates, I could tell when I used to have an account with Oanda. Further, I don't see how his broker couldn't have disabled trading on his account until he reinstalled MT4 or something, all ea work is handled client-side. So in a worst case scenario you could shut down the MT4 and the only trades that would be executed would be whatever ones have already been sent to market. If your broker really isn't helping you in this type of situation, find someone new. They all have their own unique problems to deal with, but generally not the same unique problems.

What I don't buy, and this is maybe something that I brought to the argument, is that the same broker will give different prices to different clients to make them unprofitable. This is something that I have heard before and never really bought into, it just seems unviable from a volume and time required perspective.

Static...we are presented the quotes from our dealer the way that they want us to see...when we fund our accounts we make the check payable to them (not made out to us for deposit in our account like a bank)...segregation...degradation ..don't fool yourselves...ask the Refco clients...

They hold the purse strings to the world they present to us...I must be crazy to trade Forex...

If you do not believe... subscribe to E-signals feed and look at over 200 plus quotefeeds...

There is not even a primary market..Citibank ...Chase...Goldman...B of A...has phones and a currency dealing room that has dealers on the phone constantly...they are dealing in million dollar transactions! there is simply not a centralized market...primary or secondary...

There are even microspasm's of Currenex feeds...UBS...EBS are the big players...and FXAll is just software used to communicate...

Reuters will never get all of this together...it is Global and Fragmented...Great Britain controls much of the Currency Market and the US just has a session in it...

Retail players are at the bottom of the list and do not even account for a fragment of the liquidity..If any of you Retail players think that you are going to trade off of what the Primary Banks offer each other...you have another thing coming...you will never see the true full trends....When your dealer lay's off some trades in the Futures...which many of them do....is the closest that they can get...And do you think that when they aggregate a direction it is purely a hedge...try again...They also can use "netting" and I will not explain what that is...and no PM's please...this is Friday night...

Programmers and coders...I am a trader and I challenge you to run your EA's on different feeds...you know I am telling the truth...no two dealers give the same entries and exits with your EA's...There is enough of a difference between dealers to render some EA's failures...how much do you think quants make at major banks to come up with short-lived algorithm's to race each others computer against...?

Again..I must be crazy to trade Retail Spot Forex in my Boxer Shorts from my Living Room All I can say is you better keep your dealer happy...and no naughty trading!

SpeckofSandSavant

static:
Timing I could see, getting people in or out late is plausible but altering individual feeds to screw people up I don't buy. And my post was aimed more at the OP, he says he deleted his EA from the desktop but it kept trading... when EAs are in the ..\MT4\experts\ folder (or whatever you named it), and that because they couldn't stop the EA from trading now MT4 is somehow a tool of the broker to make you loose money. But switching to MT3 would apparently solve this problem (even with the same broker?). The whole thing just seemed a little hysterical and unfounded, but maybe I misread. I think a lot of people have trouble admitting that they can loose money without and shady tactics from their broker.

You know ES talking with you is like arguing with my self - I always have another rebuttal. I think we could probably keep this going all night. Anyway I think I have speculated far to long on an incomplete set of facts, but here is my guess as to what happened, only because it has happened to me before (again total speculation):

1. Guy has an EA on a chart and changes his colors.

2. Deciding this is a pretty combination of colors, he saves it as a template named "default".

3. Now every new chart he opens automatically references this .tpl file (can't change this, MT4 does it by default) including the attached EA, which is saved in all template files.

4. Not understanding why this is happening, he deletes the EA from his desktop which doesn't solve the problem because the .ex4 is still compiled in his MT4 directory.

5. Calls his broker who has no clue what he did to his platform, and then posts this thread.

Or maybe... It was Mr. Plum with the candlestick(s)!

So tomorrow is game day in the PAC-10 and I have to get some homework done so I can go watch. Have a great weekend ES.