Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 93

MrPip:
The Martingale idea is that when you have a loss on 1 unit the next trade is doubled to cover the loss with the first half and hope for a win on the second half. This is continued until you have a win.

Are you suggesting the first trade is 0.01 lots , then 0.02, then 0.03, etc?

Or is each trade for 0.01 lots?

Either way it does not help because of the series of losses not being covered by the final win unless there is a large return on the win.

I would prefer to use a filter.

Robert

You could use whatever lot progression algorithm you want, the key thing is to have a max number of trades set at a reasonable number, say 4 or 5 so your progression doesn't get out of hand. But since your coding the EA and I am likely never to see it, do whatever you wish, it was just a suggestion. My thought was that since there are a number of small losses before a large win with this system, you could use martigale-type MM to help recover those losses

Also, has anyone else run backtests over the same period as Igor? Because when I run Nix's EA for the month of June on GBPJPY 1hr with an 80 pip trailing stop I get 19 trades total, with 13 loosing trades 3 of which are consecutive. The modeling quality is crap so take it for what its worth but I am not entirely sure that you would actually get 49 false signals for one good one. It would be nice if someone could do a backtest with 90% modeling quality to see what their results are.

Settings?

MrPip:
Add CCI 34 or 55 to the chart and you will see a very good filter, especially for exits.

What setting are you using for "Apply To" on the CCI? (Close? Median Price?)

Thanks,

burn0050

Logic?

MrPip:
ZigZag and ZigZagPointer are the same as far as code logic is concerned. The difference is that ZigZag uses lines and ZigZagPointer places an arrow at the latest high or low of the ZigZag line. Robert

Something doesn't add up. If the NLZZ and ZZP are using the same logic, then an arrow would be placed at every zig zag line - but this isn't the case. I need to walk through the code, but the logic is definitely different - starting with the fact that the parameters are different.

I ran Nix's EA for June and visually added your ZZP v2 (keeps past arrows) - and it doesn't place orders when they are both there (from visual inspection).

Thanks,

burn0050

nonlagdot

I dont remember if this has been brought up as a filter for this method or not.

It deviates from the original a little.

Take the second nonlagdot after the zigzag and the pointer? that would be the open of the third candle with nonlagdot going the proper direction.

Even thought the pointer repaints this will get you some pips on most repaints

Files:
zigzag_dot.gif  15 kb

I am not able to make that assumption that 0.01 lots 49 times would recover or not. Forget any geometrical progression as that is a blow-up waiting to happen.

Used with a momentum filter such as you have suggested may enable "averaging in" without a stop...however one must still zig and zag no matter what their condition is...so in a sense there is an "indicator-stop" in place.

I would not trade this on anything other than 4Hr. TF's and not without an EA to manage it.

ES

MrPip:
The Martingale idea is that when you have a loss on 1 unit the next trade is doubled to cover the loss with the first half and hope for a win on the second half. This is continued until you have a win.

Are you suggesting the first trade is 0.01 lots , then 0.02, then 0.03, etc?

Or is each trade for 0.01 lots?

Either way it does not help because of the series of losses not being covered by the final win unless there is a large return on the win.

I would prefer to use a filter.

Robert

nonlagdot setting

Just a short clarification for the nonlagdot indicator: droesparky, I think you have the wrong settings in the indicator. The lenght must be set to 20 please.

Gives a smother line and the right color

observation

If anybody has noticed the market has been making some changes internally which are evident by ways of a somewhat trending market. This market favors my method (on the other thread) but hurts this method conversely. I have not voiced much on here since I prefer to sit back quietly and do some analysis.

I have always felt that it takes more than one method to trade this market. I am very optimistic about this approach hence I check this thread everyday reading all I can to see where we are with the development of a profitable EA.

I do believe that the original idea so far is the best one. I have some ideas filtering out the bad entries and exits which are not earth shattering. I believe the EA will work fine as long as the rules are well-defined. For now I applaud the energy and excitement behind this method.

Cheers!

Don

iGoR:
Hi Big Bear,

It is not my intention to be hostely.

On all topics it is every time the same thing. If you are a YEAH-sayer you are very welcome. If you are a NO-sayer then get lost.

It is a public forum were every form of critisisme that is UNDERBUILD with FACTS should be welcome.

I don't shout or yell in the form of this system is rubish and without giving any proof.

I posted a picture of a period were this aproach is absolutly failing. Someone asked in a previous posting did the zigzag line and the arrows touch eachother over those 49 signals because only then you have a signal?...Yes they did touch over that whole period.

So one can open his eyes ( also you) and say wait a minute how can we solve this? Can it be solved ? If we can not solve it what will the effect be on our account next time this happens?...You say filters or use other stuff. Well maybe you could help to find that other stuff.

See youself as someone who is leading a pletoon of soldiers who are realy supporting you what ever it takes.

You take them into batle. Lets say that a spy points you out that on the road that you are going to follow (with your pletoon) that there is a mine field.

Then you have 2 options:

Or neglect the warning and continue with your pletoon and see soldiers blown-up around you ...OR... sit down and face the danger and ask yourself (and maybe with the help of your soldiers) how can we get across this mine field without any wounded or dead soldiers.

One can say: each is old and wize enough to make their own discissions. Well maybe there are plenty of newbies and people who only started to pick-up the game and depending on your expertese.

So you can pretend that the picture I posted was never there. But if you don't arm yourself against situations like that and if they happen again (wich they will of course) then you will shurely see that people will burn their accounts and abandon your system. Or you can do or find the nescessary if it happens again that you are armend against those situation and you will see that people will support you and stand by you no matter what.

The steinutz system was the very same problem. He was waving around with false backtest and claims of making millions of dollars on demo accounts. Many many people followed him. He was a herow. Look to his topic now. It died out completely. With many wounded and blown-up people. If he would only have opend his eyes and face the problems. (but more lickely he didn't want to open his eyes because he knew that the problem he was faced with was not to be solved but he took full advantge of asking money to everyone).

Now this person (steinutz) together with his programmer is standing on your doorstep to offer his services again.

Ill bet you that in some time he will find an EA (that will give great backtests because of the repainting) and aproach you to ask money for it on your topic for those who would be interested.

BigBear I send you honestly my friendly regards...iGoR

PS. On my topic I have posted over a long period of time and nearly every day the statements of my REAL accounts wich showed all my trades and the continious improvements of my equity balance so people could see what my method is capable of.

Hey iGoR,

Look man it not what you said its how. You have some valid points. I however am not trying to cash in on any EA or this method. Its all free. You may not be trying to sound arrogant or hostile but thats how you come across. Even in this post.

I answer every question that has been asked. I dont pretend anything & I never said this was a holy grail, million dollar plan. I answered every post & PM. Im not trying to hide anything. I believe that its better to let people learn on their own than hold their hands. If they ask questions than I will give answer.

But its all good. You do what you feel you have to do. I will do & say what I want to.

No harm, no foul.

Bear-

After reading the first 30 posts and the last 20 posts of this thread, I feel like this system rule is trying to catch and "guess" the highest peak and the lowest bottom for entry whenever you see the the arrow with ZZ line touch on it. I gave it a try on EJ yesterday, who was trading this pair with this system would know.

Gosh, I felt like I am GAMBLING with the market. Once stopped out and reenter, reenter and reenter, bettng the trend would reverse...

Am no luck at all in gambling.

I saw down arrows on UJ and EJ H1.

But be carefull !! the PM of Japan was resigned yesterday, so that UJ and EJ will likely go up.

I prefer only wait for up arrows and take buy action.