Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 74

Brunite

Hi guys,

Brunite you're right, i made an EA that uses the original rules some time ago and tested exactly on that big down move of the market. You can see the picture of what the expert did.

Blue lines = good transactions

Red circles = pain, big pain. )

If anyone here has an ideea to filter those signals, Holy Grail will become real .

P.S As you can see i stoped the test before 9.02 but it made more pips than it lost. So, send ideas if you want to make it better.

Thanks, Zmax

Files:
tester.gif  62 kb

I did the same changes for NonLagZigZag indicator and no yellow or orange arrows appeared

I will need to check this further because last night on GBPUSD the line moved and there were 2 valid short trades, both wins. First was sell at 2.0245 for 90 pips, second was sell at 2.0250 for 27 pips. I switch to 15 minute with pivots on chsrt for determining exit points. Entry on first trade was around camarilla H3 Short and exit at L3 Long, just below central pivot.

Robert

using HAS confirmation would have entered very late.

Same with other MAs like LSMA and HullMovingAverage.

Using candle rule would have misses both trades.

It does look like it is best to just follow the original rules for now.

Trades were entered on 1 hr

Robert

oh good at least i do not need to send YOU 50 bucks again!

ES

steinitz:
ES...

Do you really think it's a coincidence that Mr. Pip is over here on this thread? I've been lying back watching this thread and making only a few comments. I have my mind wrapped around this method for awhile now and it's my intensions to improve upon the indicators that we have now at our disposal.

I have learned that you do get what you pay for as I plan on putting up the money to take these indicators that potentially have flaws in the code and have them improved upon with Mr. Pip's help. I have some ideas that I would like to see coded into a high caliber EA. That's all for now.

Don

ElectricSavant:
oh my gawd...Don and Mr. Pip are here...

Bring in your children!

just kidding...

But please Mr. Pip, spare us...do not let Don have this!

ES

Since this is an open source thread I cannot prevent anyone from having anything I post here.

Robert

wondering

hi guys,

in Signal Bars

what is the meaning

PIPs to Open, Hi to Low, Daily Av?

Regards.

MrPip

MrPip,

Please look at the picture i uploaded with my earlier post. The EA used original rules. Entry/Exit when arrow+nonlag show(directly), no trail/wave ride. In order to make it better it has to use a filter....i think. This is what i'm searching for since this thread started.

Thanks, Zmax

Watch out, Don's about.

Infinite drawdown alert!!!

fx_geezer:
Watch out, Don's about. Infinite drawdown alert!!!

I am working on the ultimate drawdown alert that only get's you out of the trade when you are 3000+ pips in drawdown. Could be the holy grail! LOL

Don

Good one

fx_geezer:
Watch out, Don's about. Infinite drawdown alert!!!

That's funny.

You see even Don loves it.