Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 154

steinitz:
I have volunteered to put up the cash to have the EA produced by Mr Pip. We are working behind the scenes to see what works best. I will spare no expense to put together a top notch EA based on simple yet effective approaches.

I am reading and developing in silence.......

Don

I will save this for later

MrPip:
The Wait is used to filter trades that do not have the indicators confirm within that period.

So a wait of 3 candles means that nonlagdot and QQE must confirm the trade within 3 candles of the zigzag signal for the trade to take place. If the confirmation happens in 0, 1 or 2 candles that is also OK. If it happens on the 4th candle the trade is not taken.

If you use a setting of 0 the trade will take place only when nonlagdot and QQE already confirm the trade when the zigzag arrow appears. This might not happen very often and many good trades will be missed.

Robert

Robert,

Thanks for the info. I will change it back. My thinking was opposite of that. I wanted it to a bit more aggressive. I will keep everyone posted on how it does.

FX Geezer,

Here is the set file I was using with version 4.0 I am not sure if using it on ver 4.1 will cause a problem. Maybe Robert can let us know on that. But you can at least compare the settings and make any modifications for 4.1. I don't know what changes were made on ver 4.1.

Good weekend to all!

Files:

MrPip:
BigBear,

Could you please modify the first post to have a link to the above posts so all indicators and EAs can be accessed from a single post. That way I can always update the post with new versions.

Also upon request I will add the other EA version that follows the original rules to the second post above.

Thanks,

Robert

Hey Mr. Pip,

It has been done.

Its also here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573/page102

Bear-

BigBear,

Thank you, this will make things easier for everyone.

Robert

bigbear3391:
Hey Mr. Pip,

It has been done.

Its also here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573/page102

Bear-

Nonlagzigzag

Is there a alert for the nonlagzigzag. What I am looking for is a signal when the nonlagzigzag draws it next leg, Or repaints, or moves. If any one has one or could help out it would be greatfull. Thanks. Jatki24300

found the answer

basza:
Hi forex11,

Way back on post #250 I had put up a couple of charts using mmlines.

What I saw way back then was that if the zigzag pointer showed up around the 1/8 or the 7/8 it had a good chance of changeing direction. There was still some repaints but was not that bad.

Basza

May I ask what TF this is working for you on, please?

Thanks to all of you for your incredible work.

Try Here

ZigZag being installed, it increases?

If it is, there is no necessity which downloads ZigZag Indicators

Files:
dt-zz-m1.mq4  4 kb
zigzag.mq4  7 kb

MrPip:
Just change the input for MagicID to be unique for each pair. Robert

does it matter how many digits the magic number is?

MagicNumber or MagicID is an integer so it cannot be too large. I have not checked the size limit on integers in MT4 but I think it is at least 16 bits so 2 raised to the 16th power is a reasonable maximum. Anything under 65536 should work. If an integer is 32 bit then 4294967296 is the maximum so up to 9 digits is fine or 10 digits if less than the maximum.

Of course you can always use 1 or 2 digits.

I will add a function to the EA to calculate the magic number based on currency pair and chart timeframe when time allows.

Robert

codybear:
does it matter how many digits the magic number is?