Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 98

sharing code

burn0050:
Hi Robert,

I am perfectly willing to share my code, but right now there are bugs in it, so there's not much point. I figured out that my previous results post was inaccurate (I edited the msg to say so) - so you shouldn't use mine in comparison. We just had a baby, so my time is also limited.

I am a programmer by trade, but I'm still trying to figure out the nuances of MQL. The documentation ain't so hot. Some of the functions have multiple inputs, but the documentation only give examples of 1 set most of the time.

Thanks,

burn0050

If you want you can send your EA to me by email and I will check for errors.

The same goes for zmax or anyone else coding this method.

Robert

Robert

DXTrade entry

DXTrade could not stay awake to see this

Thumbs up, whatever happens with this trade!!!!!

Files:
gbpjpy.gif  16 kb

Wow, this thread has really advanced since I was here last. I didn't realize you've added so much to it.

Mpower, can you direct me to a post that this started to morph into the pic you've posted? I want to make sure I have all the latest indis and see if your template was posted. I'm cathing up, but a lot of pages still to read. Thanks.

mpower:
DXTrade could not stay awake to see this Thumbs up, whatever happens with this trade!!!!!

backtest results

Here are backtest results using mPowers EA method added to my version to check all methods. With TakeProfit of 30 it did not do to well. These results are with TakeProfit of 0.

Heiken Ashi filter, TakeProfit = 0, Stoploss is high or low of candle before trade is entered plus spread, trail immediately, exit on reverse signal or trailing stop.

Trading 1 lot on 25K account.

Robert

mpower:
DXTrade could not stay awake to see this Thumbs up, whatever happens with this trade!!!!!

For me, I am already in, in both EURJPY, & GBPJPY, I put a manual TS +5, I think they are both heading to in between the Febo 50 & 61.

BK

Better filter

Mr. Pip,

Thanks for your work on the EA!!!! Looks like DxTrade has a much better filter, or maybe you can add everything together, and when everything lines up we enter.... For Exits the nonlagdot with settings lenght 20 and colorbarback 0 would be fine. I have ideas on how to re-enter too, but it is late here and I have been trading for the past 10 hours...made so much money today I can just do nothing for the rest of the month....I am currently up 60 pips on G/J....

mpower:
Mr. Pip, Thanks for your work on the EA!!!! Looks like DxTrade has a much better filter, or maybe you can add everything together, and when everything lines up we enter.... For Exits the nonlagdot with settings lenght 20 and colorbarback 0 would be fine. I have ideas on how to re-enter too, but it is late here and I have been trading for the past 10 hours...made so much money today I can just do nothing for the rest of the month....I am currently up 60 pips on G/J....

I will add nonlagdot as another exit condition to test.

Right now I am running a backtest for many of the ideas presented. Date from May 1, 2007 to present.

The filters are tested one at a time. If 2 look good maybe they can be combined.

I am also considering nonLagMA and LSMA as possible filters as well.

NonLagDot might be similar to nonLagMA.

CCI appears to be too lagging but the test will tell.

I am even considering looking at hook from extreme then cross 100/-100 instead of 0 line for an earlier signal.

The tester shows 14 hours to completion. Best method so far has over 19K profit with 33% drawdown but that is with no filter and stoploss of high/low plus 30 pips.

I will post results when they are finished.

Robert

I got caught up, only 20 or so pages.

Mpower, can you post a template -- And what version of the indis you're using? I gather you're using QQQ and Gann Hi Lo, but I have a couple with different default settings. What's the indi drawng the yellow failed arrows? What that something Igor posted?

mpower:

MrPip,

The drawdown with all filters tested is too big. My best result had 29% drawdown which i think is too big for real money trading.

P.S why don't you post your tested EA-s(code) and the results here? I posted 2 some time before and the result posted today was just adding dxtrade filter. Until now only I and Nix, if I rememer right, posted EA's here...

Thanks, Zmax

robp:
I got caught up, only 20 or so pages. Mpower, can you post a template -- And what version of the indis you're using? I gather you're using QQQ and Gann Hi Lo, but I have a couple with different default settings. What's the indi drawng the yellow failed arrows? What that something Igor posted?

Failed arrows might be from the zigzag-pointerV2 i posted.

GBYJPY trade broke 50% fib retrace and CCI 34 on close is at zero line. CCI 21 is at -100.

Currently up 116 points. I would consider closing half of the trade at this point. Move the stop to lock in at least 70 of the second half and trail by 40.

Just in case there is a zero line reject in the works for CCI 34.

I will be adding the partial close after the current backtest is finished.

Robert