Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 103

MrPip

MrPip,

Congratulations for the hard work you did and for the good results. What timeframes,what currencies, what broker have you tested for?

I'm asking because i've obtained other results with nonlagdot and qqe filters.

Thanks, Zmax

mpower:
I do not have the indicator nonLagMA_V7, but I will try to find it tomorrow. Closed the G/J trade for 223 pips Good nite, America

I have v. 7.1

Files:

banzai:
I have v. 7.1

Here is 7.1.1

Files:

hi

found expert working with this indicator,tested it today good resultes,but it open only long position need to be modyfied

MrPip:
Here are the backtest results.

I am sleepy so do not have time right now to explain the results. If you study the spreadsheet you will better understand what the different ideas used do to the profit line.

Zip file contains spreadsheet.

Robert

Thans Robert, thats a hell of alot of work. After looking at your data I am incline to think the nonlagdot is the best filter and using the H/L+spread or user input for SL is the best option. Great profit factor and a relatively modest drawdown compared to the others.

Again, thanks for the hard work Mr. Pip

Which indicator are you using on your top chart? the one with the blue dots?

manz66:
Here is picture of another indicator which picks top/bottom and faster than zigzag pointer in 60 min chart, second indicator in bottom to filter when not to trade plus faster custom Ma than nonlagMa. I also put zigzag pointer, QQE and nonlagMa to compare with 1st picture in 60 min chart.

zmax:
MrPip,

Congratulations for the hard work you did and for the good results. What timeframes,what currencies, what broker have you tested for?

I'm asking because i've obtained other results with nonlagdot and qqe filters.

Thanks, Zmax

Were your results better or worse?

Test posted was on GBPJPY 1 Hr timeframe on FXDD trading 1 standard lot.

Indicators nonlagdot and qqe were tested separately.

Here is the code I used to access the indicators.

int getNonLagDot()

{

double NLD_Long, NLD_Short;

NLD_Long = iCustom(NULL, 0, "nonlagdot",

NLD_Price, NLD_Length,NLD_Displace,NLD_Filter,NLD_Color, NLD_ColorBarBack,NLD_Deviation,

1,1);

NLD_Short = iCustom(NULL, 0, "nonlagdot",

NLD_Price, NLD_Length,NLD_Displace,NLD_Filter,NLD_Color, NLD_ColorBarBack,NLD_Deviation,

2,1);

if (NLD_Long < 1000) return(LONG);

if (NLD_Short < 1000) return(SHORT);

return(FLAT);

}

int getQQE()

{

double QQE_RsiMa, QQE_TrLevelSlow;

double QQE_RsiMaPrev, QQE_TrLevelSlowPrev;

QQE_RsiMa = iCustom(NULL, 0, "QQE", 0,1);

QQE_TrLevelSlow = iCustom(NULL, 0, "QQE", 1, 1);

QQE_RsiMaPrev = iCustom(NULL, 0, "QQE", 0,2);

QQE_TrLevelSlowPrev = iCustom(NULL, 0, "QQE", 1, 2);

if (QQE_RsiMaPrev QQE_TrLevelSlow) return(LONG);

if (QQE_RsiMaPrev > QQE_TrLevelSlowPrev && QQE_RsiMa < QQE_TrLevelSlow) return(SHORT);

return(FLAT);

}

Exit was at first zigzagpointer arrow after entry.

Robert

Exits

dxtrade:
The hardest part is always the exits. To find an entry (for any pair on any timeframe) is relatively easy... the exit is the secret.

BigBear has suggested 2 exit methods. One is on the first zigzag line that appears after entry - arrow or not.

The other is to wait for the reversal (zzline + arrow). What about exiting 1/2 the position at a line only, full position at zzline + arrow?

I'm also curious as to money management. If you want to control drawdown, then that should be a way to do it.

Thanks,

burn0050

MrPip:

int getNonLagDot()

{

double NLD_Long, NLD_Short;

NLD_Long = iCustom(NULL, 0, "nonlagdot",

1,1);

NLD_Short = iCustom(NULL, 0, "nonlagdot",

2,1);

if (NLD_Long < 1000) return(LONG);

if (NLD_Short < 1000) return(SHORT);

return(FLAT);

}

You can change the code to the following for more clarity:

if (NLD_Long != EMPTY_VALUE) return(LONG);

if (NLD_Short != EMPTY_VALUE) return(SHORT);

BTW: Nice work on bouncingPipEA_mpowerV2

Very nice job on these results.

MrPip:
Here are the backtest results.

I am sleepy so do not have time right now to explain the results. If you study the spreadsheet you will better understand what the different ideas used do to the profit line.

Zip file contains spreadsheet.

Robert