Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 91

My humble thoughts:

I do have respect for BigBear but i don't think there is a filter in the world that could help this system...there are too many losses compared to wins. OK maybe with goooood MM you can survive and maybe thats what separate the men from the babes.

I think these indi's feed people's dream to find a magic indicator that can tell the future and there ISNT one!!! We need to teach each other that there is NO magic indi but simple straight price movement trading. Learn the foundation of trading learn like the pros...

Say NO to arrows and dots I like stochs, MACD, RSI these indi's have stood the test of time learn how to use them.

But if this works for you then I am happy for you I think BigBear has been straight forward from the start. Trade it at YOUR own risk.

Igor's Method

On my topic I have posted over a long period of time and nearly every day the statements of my REAL accounts wich showed all my trades and the continious improvements of my equity balance so people could see what my method is capable of.

What is your method, Igor, and where is it posted (along with your statements)?

Igor may very well be right, I don't know. He is a much more experienced trader than I. However his participation in threads such as this seems to follow a similar pattern with a number of people who agree with him and those who don't. The two sides then proceed to argue over who has a correct grasp of the fundamentals of trading, etc. etc. I'm just hoping we can avoid that on this thread.

I think the original rules of the system are best so far, but this is just a thought to anyone who is putting an EA together (MrPip/Robert). Have you considered a martingale form of MM where when an order gets stopped (STOPS very key here) out and another signal is generated in the same direction, lot size increases? It may help to offset some of the false entries.

static:
Igor may very well be right, I don't know. He is a much more experienced trader than I. However his participation in threads such as this seems to follow a similar pattern with a number of people who agree with him and those who don't. The two sides then proceed to argue over who has a correct grasp of the fundamentals of trading, etc. etc. I'm just hoping we can avoid that on this thread.

I'm with you on this one. Let's come back to business.

On earth or not on earth...I'm using the original 2 indis from bear together with the nonlagdot indi on the 30M chart. That filters out about 90% of the bad signals (see the 7 arrows with the dot still blue below) as I enter the trade only after the dot has changed in my direction and the bar with the right dot color is closed, because then the dot doesn't repaint anymore. Together with the confirmation of the QQE it's pretty safe for me.

But thats just for the last days...no guarantee as well here

Files:
12092007.gif  25 kb

I was wondering about this martingale idea too. I am not real keen on martingale...but if you were to use 0.01 lots and just keep entering with each repainted sig without stops...then by the time it turned you may have a respectable position at an average price that you built...The market would decide when it wants to turn....your job would be to have a large enough balance to endure

The only reason I would consider martingle is that it would be used with these two zig-zag indicators...again I am not a big fan of martingale, but I can keep my mind open.

Could we have an EA to test? I have already sent Steinitz 50 bucks...so I am in the club.

ES

static:
Igor may very well be right, I don't know. He is a much more experienced trader than I. However his participation in threads such as this seems to follow a similar pattern with a number of people who agree with him and those who don't. The two sides then proceed to argue over who has a correct grasp of the fundamentals of trading, etc. etc. I'm just hoping we can avoid that on this thread. I think the original rules of the system are best so far, but this is just a thought to anyone who is putting an EA together (MrPip/Robert). Have you considered a martingale form of MM where when an order gets stopped (STOPS very key here) out and another signal is generated in the same direction, lot size increases? It may help to offset some of the false entries.

Has Anyone Thought to Reverse the Logic

In the illustration that Igor offered, there were 49 consecutive repaints -- therefore 49 consecutive losses. I have never met anyone, regardless of their money management skill, who could trade through 49 consecutive losses. It's too tough, mentally.

Why not enter in the reverse direction of the zigzag each time and take the profit that BigBear's stop loss would give? Winners would be 70%+, and you wouldn't have to worry about filters. The most important thing would be to contain the loss that this reverse logic would incur when the trend actually reversed.

False signals for any indicator come at lower time frames. So, the reverse logic might be more profitable in time frames less than four hours. I think this could be tested with the ghost arrows that someone produced to show the false signals earlier in this thread.

nonlagdot

dxtrade:
I'm with you on this one. Let's come back to business.

On earth or not on earth...I'm using the original 2 indis from bear together with the nonlagdot indi on the 30M chart. That filters out about 90% of the bad signals (see the 7 arrows with the dot still blue below) as I enter the trade only after the dot has changed in my direction and the bar with the right dot color is closed, because then the dot doesn't repaint anymore. Together with the confirmation of the QQE it's pretty safe for me.

But thats just for the last days...no guarantee as well here

Hi dxtrade,

I couldn't find the nonlagdot indicator you showed in your chart. Would you be so kind to post it together with the QQE indicator?

Thanks

nonlag dot indicator

There u go. I don't have the other indicator, but I will see if I can find it for you.

Files:
nonlagdot.mq4  5 kb

nohills:
Hi dxtrade,

I couldn't find the nonlagdot indicator you showed in your chart. Would you be so kind to post it together with the QQE indicator?

Thanks

Sorry, was busy reading.

Here is the QQE indi:

Files:
qqe.mq4  4 kb

Here's the qqe, made by a coder over at FF named Que.

Files: