Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 69

Thanks so much Burn. I received a test email back so it looks like it is working. I am testing the indicator now on the 1hr TF for GJ and EJ. I'll let ya'll know how it works.

burn0050:
Hi,

Yes, you need to set up your email in MT.

1. Go to Tools/Options
  2. Click the "email" tab
  3. Enter your email information here as provided by your ISP (you will need to know your SMTP server).

I would advise you to use the Test button to make sure you have it set up correctly.

I would make the "From" address the email address that your ISP provided you with - otherwise it may not work because most ISPs block relaying.

Thanks,

burn0050

Let me know...

turnupvol:
Thanks so much Burn. I received a test email back so it looks like it is working. I am testing the indicator now on the 1hr TF for GJ and EJ. I'll let ya'll know how it works.

Sounds good - please note, I set the default for email to False, so make sure you set that to True in the parameters when you add it to the chart.

Also, you should check out the MTF that Increase wrote - "#MTF NonLagZigZag" - I added email to that one also. This should be better because it will email a true signal, not just when a pointer shows up.

In the new indicator, I have set email to True.

Thanks,

burn0050

New and improved!

increase:
I combined both into an MTF, should alert when the Nonlag and arrow touches have a go

Thanks, this is awesome!

I hope you don't mind increase - I have added email support.

Thanks,

burn0050

Files:

A quick question

To all who have contributed thanks.

Have 2 quick questions:

1) Is there an indicator that has an alert that is able to have the alert sound changed to a different sound file etc?

2) Is there a discussion group on skype or yahoo etc??

I have no idea how to program the alerts otherwise I would not have asked.

Cheers to all.

fatman fleming:
To all who have contributed thanks.

Have 2 quick questions:

1) Is there an indicator that has an alert that is able to have the alert sound changed to a different sound file etc?

2) Is there a discussion group on skype or yahoo etc??

I have no idea how to program the alerts otherwise I would not have asked.

Cheers to all.

I'd like to start one on skype, I find these signals are very few and far between, but I am also looking on on the 4hr charts.

burn0050:
Thanks, this is awesome!

I hope you don't mind increase - I have added email support.

Thanks,

burn0050

Please does this indicator arrow change position? If it does can a mark be left at the old positions?

aelimian:
Please does this indicator arrow change position? If it does can a mark be left at the old positions?

It repaints something fierce, but the higher the TF you use it on, the better. If you read through the posts you will see Bigbear explain that he gets stopped out plenty of times, but the trades that hit, run for big big pips. Its all about money management

This system will be better used in 4H and daily TF.

It's much better using it in H4 TF, it creates some false signals on the lower time frame. Patience & money managment are the key to make this thing run profitable.

BK

Heads I win big, tails I lose a little

bigbear and forex11,

When you have the setup for entering a trade, (long for example) buy twice your normal amout and hedge the position with your normal amt. (buy 2 and sell 1) The only extra cost is the spread on the other 2 positions. If the trade moves against you, you are only out the extra spread because you would have had the 1 loss anyhow. The hedged position can then be closed and you can wait on the next bar and repeat. (or let the hedge run , a little riskier).

If the trade moves in your favor, after 15 - 50 pips, (depending on the pair) you can close the loser and let your winners continue. For protection, just bring your stop a little higher when you move it up. The odds are greatly in your favor that it will eventually go your way with double the amt of your usual # of lots. I routinely trade this way when all systems are go but it is always on a smaller scale than going for 150 - 600 pips. For me the risk is practically the same. BTW excellent system and thanks for sharing