The Only Pivot - page 181

Stevanali stop using the floating pivot line which is included in PerviousDayAndFloatingPivot_O indicator sometime ago and started using the 2 SMMA. You can turn off the floating pivot line by selecting the #1 color in the indicators colors tab and selecting none for the color.

Currently we are using the following custom indicators:

TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun

TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun

We are also using the following built-in indicator:

2 SMMA = 2 period smooth applied to: Weighted Close (HLCC/4)

IMO you should use the Template and Indicators posted here.

TimeFreedom

moredred:
Time-

Hate to be one of "those guys"... but the PerviousDayAndFloatingPivot_O indicator from the first post differs from the one in your charts you post. My SMMA looks too jagged if you know what i mean. Pivot is the same though.

I looked back through the history... 180 pages . Couldn't find the indicator your using. Do you have better results (aka fewer falsies) with this smoother MA?

Thanks for your help, your awesome.

Raju:
Thank you TimeFreedom for your fantastic job fine tunning the pivot level indicator now fit for platforms with all server times within any given 24 hour day.

I would like to add a word of caution regarding your latest entry at 209.70 as it would not have been in accordance with The Only Pivot Rules which calls for the Momentum to be at or around 100. Your patience to wait untill after the news is commendable, even so, the entry candle looks quite large rendering the quality of the entry signal questionable. Could it be that the Forex Gods wanted us to have an early weekend?

Best regards.

Raju

Dude the screen u posted was due to NFP.

Hello all, a quick one

Hello all, at first, thank to Ali for starting this thread. Someone told me about this thread on Friday and since then I am constantly reading it .. after 85 pages, I gave up ... tired or something but sort of lost the interest because I got confused about the set up.. TimeFreedom has mentioned and pointed out about the new set up with the indicators, Thanks mate for your help here but I still have a few questions.

Is the template and those indicators provided in one of TimeFreedom post up to date?? Eveyone who's following this system using it?

The indicator "TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun" is opnly drawing the open price of previous day. That isnt a Pivot? I thought pivot is H+L+C/3 ????

if(TimeDay(Time) != TimeDay(Time))

{

OP = Open;

}

I use Alpari who are +1GMT, is anyone else here on Alpari?

Thanks and best regards

- Syed

syedks:
Hello all, at first, thank to Ali for starting this thread. Someone told me about this thread on Friday and since then I am constantly reading it .. after 85 pages, I gave up ... tired or something but sort of lost the interest because I got confused about the set up.. TimeFreedom has mentioned and pointed out about the new set up with the indicators, Thanks mate for your help here but I still have a few questions.

Is the template and those indicators provided in one of TimeFreedom post up to date?? Eveyone who's following this system using it?

The indicator "TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun" is opnly drawing the open price of previous day. That isnt a Pivot? I thought pivot is H+L+C/3 ????

if(TimeDay(Time) != TimeDay(Time))

{

OP = Open;

}

I use Alpari who are +1GMT, is anyone else here on Alpari?

Thanks and best regards

- Syed

Yeap its not exactly Pivot trading, more of a daily candle open price trading, u go long if it crossed above open and short if it crosses below. You could also simply zoom in on a daily candlestick and use that too

tonydtrader:
Yeap its not exactly Pivot trading, more of a daily candle open price trading, u go long if it crossed above open and short if it crosses below. You could also simply zoom in on a daily candlestick and use that too

Cheers mate.

Thanks!!!

TimeFreedom:
Stevanali stop using the floating pivot line which is included in PerviousDayAndFloatingPivot_O indicator sometime ago and started using the 2 SMMA. You can turn off the floating pivot line by selecting the #1 color in the indicators colors tab and selecting none for the color.

Currently we are using the following custom indicators:

TheOnlyPivot_Level_Sun

TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun

We are also using the following built-in indicator:

2 SMMA = 2 period smooth applied to: Weighted Close (HLCC/4)

IMO you should use the Template and Indicators posted here.

TimeFreedom

That clears it up... =TF

new thread

Tokarus:
Hi Zvezdolet,

1. In the original strategy discussed here, the author proposed to use market open as the (horizontal) pivot level. I propose to use the previous Close, which is one TICK before the market opens (e.g. 16:59:59). Since Forex is a continuous market the difference should be minimal, if any.

2. Floor Pivot is an old equation coming from futures market, where one takes the sum of previous day's High + Low + Close price and divides it by 3. THen one calculates Resistance 1, 2, & 3, and Support 1, 2 & 3. But, S/R levels don't feature in my version.

I See that very few people are interested in my version, so rather then confusing issues here I may start a new thread.

Cheers, Kris

hello Tokarus

You have opened a thread??

We have a long signal and I am in @ 209.92. I was late getting in the trade due to the Superbowl game.

Edit: I have decided not to test David's EA due to a number of questionable bugs I noticed during a recent backtest. It could just be my data, therefore we will have to take a closer look to determine whether or not we have bugs.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a long signal and I am in @ 209.92. I was late getting in the trade due to the Superbowl game.

Edit: I have decided not to test David's EA due to a number of questionable bugs I noticed during a recent backtest. It could just be my data, therefore we will have to take a closer look to determine whether or not we have bugs.

TimeFreedom

tq mr.TF, i am in now, wish nice trade to day

Goods Signals Buy today

OnlyPivot & Brain Trend : Buy

Files:
mytrading_7.jpg  59 kb