The Only Pivot - page 192

tubby:
Anyone using the EA get the Sell at 209.99 earlier? I made 20 pips off of both trades placed, but I noticed on the 1 position the the EA surpassed the first TP by 4 pips and it did not close... Did this happen to anyone else?

It has to go past far enough to make up the spread(which is 9 pips on gbp/jpy)

tubby:
Hi David, I was back testing v1.2 and 1.3. I found v1.2 was giving much better results

I wouldn't put much credit on back testing, but out of curiosity, what did it do differently? I think the only thing I did from 1.2 to 1.3 is add in an option for more tp points, and the v1.2 did not work right with 3 tp points. But I don't remember for sure.

davidwillis:
It has to go past far enough to make up the spread(which is 9 pips on gbp/jpy)

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now The back test I did with the exact same settings. V1.2 was +$1200 roughly and with v1.3 it -$900. They were both totally opposite lol.

tubby:
Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now The back test I did with the exact same settings. V1.2 was +$1200 roughly and with v1.3 it -$900. They were both totally opposite lol.

which one followed the only pivot strategy?

I am not sure actually. I assumed they both were... and wondered if you made bigger changes then what you listed. However I am a bit noobie I thought I was TF post something about us v2 over v3

Buy

Hi all

Buy this morning lets hope for good pips today

Pavlos

Files:
chart_2.gif  56 kb

tubby:
I am not sure actually. I assumed they both were... and wondered if you made bigger changes then what you listed. However I am a bit noobie I thought I was TF post something about us v2 over v3

They both should, but if you are getting opposite trades, one must be doing something wrong. It is probably just the backtesting. Both seem to be trading the same with forward testing, but I would use version 1.3, because 1.2 does have some errors in it if you start using 3 tp points.

USDJPY and GBPUSD signals lined up today. Let's see how this plays out. Enter GBPJPY at 209.36. Stop Loss (an alert) below S/R level at 208.70.

Files:
gbpppjyc.gif  17 kb
gbpppjyb.gif  14 kb
gbpppjya.gif  13 kb

codybear:
the problems you decribed will always be either a cooling issue or a memory problem. good to see you got it fixed

It sounds like you know a thing or two about computers. It had me stumped for about a day.

Anyway, I found out it is one of my 1GB chips that is bad. Do you think I should leave my other 3GB chips in, or should I take out another 1GB chip, and leave in 2GB? I have heard that it slows things down if you don't have the memory balanced, but am not too familiar with it.

Does anybody know why the email alert is not working on TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun? I set false for SoundON and true for EmailON. I have tested my email alert on the IBFX platform. It worked fine but when the arrow appeared on the chart and it did not send out the email at all? Any advices?