C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 36

If it get down $100 then you need to double up on winners

.02 lots

For losers - you will need to sell the opposing amount plus the double up amount.

So is a .01 long is losing - you will need to sell .03 lots in order to get a net -.02. lots

Martingale flip flop.

Make sense?

So if the account gets down 1% ($100.00) then I check which pairs were winning and add another .01 to them. So the winners will now have .02 size on them. And then I check the losers, change direction with them and re-enter with .03 lots. Is this correct?

I have to tell you I absolutely detest martingale in any form. I was wiped out twice with martingaling before I learned my lesson.

vtam:
If it get down $100 then you need to double up on winners

.02 lots

For losers - you will need to sell the opposing amount plus the double up amount.

So is a .01 long is losing - you will need to sell .03 lots in order to get a net -.02. lots

Martingale flip flop.

Make sense?

That is correct on your math.

Martingale is a nasty little ho indeed..... but not when you do it this way it should not be.

Run the math on a few scenarios.

The problem with regular marty is that after 4 progressions against you, you are at 15 lots if you started with 1 lot if if runs against you 100 pips.

This way - if the first lot goes against you, the second progressions will be in your favor in the direction of the move. If it reverses against you again at that point, you aren't losing on both progressions, but only 1 of the two as you original order is going back in your favor. Way safer.

So it goes like this:

long .01--losing

short .03--losing

long .06....

is that correct?

And when do you take profit?

vtam:
That is correct on your math.

Martingale is a nasty little ho indeed..... but not when you do it this way it should not be.

Run the math on a few scenarios.

The problem with regular marty is that after 4 progressions against you, you are at 15 lots if you started with 1 lot if if runs against you 100 pips.

This way - if the first lot goes against you, the second progressions will be in your favor in the direction of the move. If it reverses against you again at that point, you aren't losing on both progressions, but only 1 of the two as you original order is going back in your favor. Way safer.

That is correct on your sizing

I am not sure on TP. My plan is to use .10 lots and close out at $50 profit.

If I get to .20 lot progression then I want a $100 profit

If I get to a .40 lot progression then I want a $200 profit

If I get to a .80 lot progression then I want a $400 profit etc etc

OK sounds good. So this might be called "basket scalping."

What do you do when you close out at profit? Just re-enter?

vtam:
That is correct on your sizing

I am not sure on TP. My plan is to use .10 lots and close out at $50 profit.

If I get to .20 lot progression then I want a $100 profit

If I get to a .40 lot progression then I want a $200 profit

If I get to a .80 lot progression then I want a $400 profit etc etc

I would probably do the same thing - but at the start size. So you leave the original winners on, and flip any that were in losing directions the moment closed for the profit

OK we're good to go then. I'll be starting this tomorrow evening and we'll see how things go.

vtam:
I would probably do the same thing - but at the start size. So you leave the original winners on, and flip any that were in losing directions the moment closed for the profit

Coo

I'm also going to test just flipping everything winner or loser if I am down.

So if it drops $100 in your example - flip everything, instead of just the losers.

Try to figure out which one will be better.

Flipping only the losers means cutting losers short and letting winners run. I'm going to stick with that initially.

vtam:
Coo

I'm also going to test just flipping everything winner or loser if I am down.

So if it drops $100 in your example - flip everything, instead of just the losers.

Try to figure out which one will be better.