C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 32

vtam:
Read the thread and you will see that account was not in safe mode. My safe mode account is doing just fine.

hi vtam.

would u please give us the login for the safe mode tnx.

saeed_sfkn:
hi vtam. would u please give us the login for the safe mode tnx.

His demo blew up (as it was not in safemode). He trades his real account in safe-mode (ie. no demo).

EDIT: I was talking about martingaling so not applicable...

asinga01:
I started with 10K, And I currently hold 12 basket pairs, that includes the original one we never sell. Now When I say i am at 65% DD, I am talking about from my high of 11,640.00. This is all pure safe mode.

Hi. I fail to see how it is possible to have 12 secondary baskets opened on a 10k account and still be following vtam's strategy. As I understand it, irrespective of whether it's martingale or safemode, a drawdown of 57% would have to be hit just to open level 5, so hitting level 12 is an impossibility.

Again, additional secondary orders are not opened with every 1% decline in equity. This only applies to the first basket.

I purchase a basket when my original 13 positions drop by 100 Dollars. And do so for every 100 dollars the original basket loses.

so lets go down the losses

Thats lever 12. thats a loss of 7440 if you add all of those up. Now I am not doing a 1% of remaining equity, i average in for every 100 dollar loss. From an equity high of over 1100 thats about 65% DD.

Unless I am missing something, Id like be be wrong on this one.

--Alex

asinga01:
I purchase a basket when my original 13 positions drop by 100 Dollars. And do so for every 100 dollars the original basket loses.

so lets go down the losses

Thats lever 12. thats a loss of 7440 if you add all of those up. Now I am not doing a 1% of remaining equity, i average in for every 100 dollar loss. From an equity high of over 1100 thats about 65% DD.

Unless I am missing something, Id like be be wrong on this one.

--Alex

EDIT: What I am saying is not correct - the exact level percentages I am quoting were calculated with martingaling in mind, and I have coded my EA (months ago) to work with these levels in both Martingale and safe-mode (incorrectly!). I am still pretty sure that you are not calculating as vtam intended though...

It appears my test is over. I used intebank FX. I think there was some sort of a spike in the data, My EA recorded an equity high of 1900 thats a huge jump, I was on 12th level of drawdown, seconds later after closing all positions, it reopened 17 more baskets. Is there any way to protect yourself from such a thing in live environment?

I guess Ill have to code in something like if the equity high was breached for 5 minutes or the original basket dropped by 100 USD for 5 min before the EA takes any action.

I manualy closed out all extra baskets and set the equity high back to its original position, im more or less where i was, so the test goes on.

Hi jlpi,

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) are still using this strategy on a real account?

Is it possible for you to again, share your results since inception?

Vtam, thank you for sharing this information.

PipN8ntEZ

jlpi:
Here are the results for my second month for my adapted version on a real account.

This month like the previous one has been excellent;

The balance has now reached +29%;

That is also consistent with vtam results

We are currently in a drawdown (about 5% for me now) but that is also a good opportunity to have a good return for the coming month !

About the basket I agree with vtam that everybody has to find the basket suitable for him. It is better to have a basket that you have chosen for some reason and then you understand why you have this basket instead of taking any already made basket.

To answer to a previous post of Superluz I would say try any subsample of the original pair basket that make sense (meaning don't take only JPY pairs for instance) and results should be good.

My objective in giving my results on a real account is just to show that this strategy works if you are patient enough.

If people are interested I will continue to give results otherwise I won't because I don't want to act like I would just show off with my results every month.

Thanks for your input Omelette. I will check it out.