C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 12

giraia_br:
form another forum

"Also I did BackTest from 2004 and biggest DD was around -$1300 for 0.2 lots= $2000

Its 13% for 10k Account it very good."

but it is wrong. The correct is dot that with 1.6 lots at least.

i think with 1.6 the account would had broken

sorry for my bad english.

at least because: 0.2 + 0.4 + 0.8 + 1.6 =3

this is more correct

Simply use the "Safe Mode" as the author describes when entering into a period of carry trade unwinding. I don't believe this "Safe Mode" was taken into account when backtesting. It is simple to implement and makes this system very safe.

Dreamliner:
Simply use the "Safe Mode" as the author describes when entering into a period of carry trade unwinding. I don't believe this "Safe Mode" was taken into account when backtesting. It is simple to implement and makes this system very safe.

That's correct. It needs to take into account the safe mode in which you can go to straight progression and do it every 5% drop. The account would not have blown up imo with a 12% drop to the core position. It would not have been fun...... but it would have survived.

i still have much interest in this method but i would like a reliable backtest on it . But i think is very difficult.

With the Yen pairs dropping 400-500 pips in 5-6 days....... the account blew up......

Just kidding. Another new equity high even with the carry trade unwinding a bit!

Files:

Yes, my account is blowing UP too; up to 6.5% in one week with carry trade unwinding. Very cool! Thanks VTAM!

vtam:
With the Yen pairs dropping 400-500 pips in 5-6 days....... the account blew up...... Just kidding. Another new equity high even with the carry trade unwinding a bit!

Dreamliner:
Yes, my account is blowing UP too;

Clever -

vtam:
Clever -

Well my bald father said that some of us have brains and others have hair, so my cleverness makes up for tremendous lack in other areas .

Here is another basket that mixes both of the strategies in the rules. It is much more volatile as I have stated before...... but the results are better too. Up 16.7% in a tad over 2 months compared to 17.9% in a tad under 4 months.

Files:

CClose1.mq4 --> EA for Close 1. basket.

CClose2.mq4 --> EA for Close 2. basket.

CClose3.mq4 --> EA for Close 3. basket.

Files:
cclose1.mq4  2 kb
cclose2.mq4  2 kb
cclose3.mq4  2 kb