C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 7

I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but how does the system perform when the carry trade "unravels"?

BluePearl:
according to the original rule of the system you keep the original core position open to collect swap. and you only add martingale positions when you go x $ from the equity high. right now i've got a demo which has a equity high of 10,340 with only the core positions. if the equity does not make any new highs then when the equity goes to 10,240 i will double up the positions and if the equity does not go to 9,940 (where i would double again) i will exit at 10,440. vtam, is this correct?

would you post your statement here?

so we can learn something from it

regards

stevenali:
would you post your statement here?

so we can learn something from it

regards

here you go.

Files:
ctrader.htm  16 kb

BluePearl:
here you go.

well thx friends, i think my starting lots is too big ..

Files:
2nd_day_1.htm  21 kb

BluePearl:
right now all is done manually.

i don't indestand that. why can i not open the core with the expert???

stevenali:
Vtam,

so far i made 6% at demo account for twodays

i use target profit. when it reached, i close all open trade and re open again

like this morning, my account is in profit about 500$, so i closed all

what do you think?

First of all I think you are WAY too overleveraged by a factor of 10.

Next - you waste money by closing the core position out. To close it and then re-open it pays extra spread. Why not just leave it open?

Other than that...... it looks good!

BluePearl:
according to the original rule of the system you keep the original core position open to collect swap. and you only add martingale positions when you go x $ from the equity high. right now i've got a demo which has a equity high of 10,340 with only the core positions. if the equity does not make any new highs then when the equity goes to 10,240 i will double up the positions and if the equity does not go to 9,940 (where i would double again) i will exit at 10,440. vtam, is this correct?

Yes- that is correct

ryanklefas:
I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but how does the system perform when the carry trade "unravels"?

Read the rules and you will see that you check daily about going into "safe" mode. In february you would have dropped roughly 18% when multiple carry trade pairs dropped 1000 pips or so.

You can get to a more neutral basket and do the same thing with that basket. The power is in the betting method on a basket, not the actual pairs that make up the basket. Maybe find a basket that is swap neutral. It may not make as much over time, but you won't get killed in a 1998 style drop. I mean I am making 1% a week. That is 52% a year....... that is VERY risky in the world of finance. If I were trading big money, I would reduce my core position size to 4 1 cent per pips positions per $100k! Right now I am at 2 $1 per pippers. So with real big money I would shoot for 5 times LESS leverage than I am now and hopefully make 10% a year.

giraia_br:
i don't indestand that. why can i not open the core with the expert???

yes you can open the core positions with the expert. make sure to use a magic number that is different then when you use the expert to add positions with martingale.

by manually i mean you need to put the EA on the chart and then remove it. you do not just leave it on the chart and forget about it.

VTAM or anyone could answer

the safe mod is with fixed lots, right?

for a account with mini account of U$1000 how size could be the lot? 0.01? or 0.10?

and the ideal leverage is 50:1?

thanks