PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 128

Enforcer,

Thanks for the reply. If I select Cease Trading=True, what will happen to my open positions in that pair opened by EA, will they close automatically after hitting target or have I to close them manually?

EA will work normally, will close orders, just will not place new orders once all orders are closed.

Enforcer:
EA will work normally, will close orders, just will not place new orders once all orders are closed.

I use pipmaker v15_1 for cable and I changed lotsize and lotincrement from 0.01 to 0.1 because I want 0.1 lot per trade. But the platform show me 0.01 per trade so what is wrong? How often trade this version daily? My balance is 1000.

Anybody knows a solution?

erdenmensch:
I use pipmaker v15_1 for cable and I changed lotsize and lotincrement from 0.01 to 0.1 because I want 0.1 lot per trade. But the platform show me 0.01 per trade so what is wrong? How often trade this version daily? My balance is 1000. Anybody knows a solution?

read the comments in the code,you can find it soon.

shmilya999:
read the comments in the code,you can find it soon.

Thanks I have it. The problem with this strategie is, we can only trade micro account because the high margin. But thats ok for me.

Hi, guy

I'm testing many set variables, but I still don't find a stable set for the Pipmaker V.15.

In order to avoid those large drawdowns, maybe it will be a good ideea to implement a function which makes the EA to freeze equity in conditions of a large powerful trend, something like if the equity decreases with 5%, EA will open similar opposite orders to preserve the equity and after the trend is over, or a retracement begins, it will enter again in normal mode.In this case you have also the posibility to manual close all orders with just 5% lost, to help the EA rebalance itself.

I have noticed that in some cases, with this set file attached, the EA really does this operation, but not always(the bad thing is that it will not open another BUY order if the price level is not inferior to the last opened BUY, and only in the "spacing" condition.Ex. if we have a buy at 1.9000, and spacing is 25, the EA will open another buy only at 1.8975, and in those 25 pips difference the risk may be greater enough to prevent any other orders open, you will receive "invalid order send" and the open orders will remain unbalanced).

I really don't understand why it acts like this, as the recovery option is active, but instead of opening recovery orders, it opens just another opposite set of orders and really balances the equity.But, as I say, not always. I know it is not a function in the logic of the EA, and it depends of the loss percent value that you set(btw, it applies to balance or to equity?).

So, just an ideea, if someone can implement, when the risk is higher than "%", the EA must abandon all other routines and apply (let's name it) "equity frozen" routine, opening a equal set of orders in the opposite direction, no matter what spacing or risk. Ex. if we have 5 SELL, we must have 5 BUY.

Another ideea is to keep a separate track of this orders (5 BUY and 5 SELL - if you do not close them manually) and then, when the large move is over, the EA will continue in the normal mode.

Othr suggestions: recovery orders (regarding this, I think it is some more reaserch to do, cause they will not be open if the risk is already too big and also, the EA must stop open these rec orders once the equity is recovered).

For the remainig rec orders that are not yet closed( Ex. open rec order 1.9000 with tp 1.9005, but the price retraces and never came back, as this is another BIG reason to decrease equity, we have to find a solution...maybe not to use them at all....

Wow, what do you think, guys?

Hm, just thinking....

What happens if the EA is running and I manually open another set of opposite orders?

Pipmaker will take these new orders in consideration or ignore them?

dragosd1:
Hm, just thinking....

What happens if the EA is running and I manually open another set of opposite orders?

Pipmaker will take these new orders in consideration or ignore them?

Will ignore them. EA manage only it's own orders.

dragosd1:
Hi, guy

I'm testing many set variables, but I still don't find a stable set for the Pipmaker V.15.

In order to avoid those large drawdowns, maybe it will be a good ideea to implement a function which makes the EA to freeze equity in conditions of a large powerful trend, something like if the equity decreases with 5%, EA will open similar opposite orders to preserve the equity and after the trend is over, or a retracement begins, it will enter again in normal mode.In this case you have also the posibility to manual close all orders with just 5% lost, to help the EA rebalance itself.

I have noticed that in some cases, with this set file attached, the EA really does this operation, but not always(the bad thing is that it will not open another BUY order if the price level is not inferior to the last opened BUY, and only in the "spacing" condition.Ex. if we have a buy at 1.9000, and spacing is 25, the EA will open another buy only at 1.8975, and in those 25 pips difference the risk may be greater enough to prevent any other orders open, you will receive "invalid order send" and the open orders will remain unbalanced).

I really don't understand why it acts like this, as the recovery option is active, but instead of opening recovery orders, it opens just another opposite set of orders and really balances the equity.But, as I say, not always. I know it is not a function in the logic of the EA, and it depends of the loss percent value that you set(btw, it applies to balance or to equity?).

So, just an ideea, if someone can implement, when the risk is higher than "%", the EA must abandon all other routines and apply (let's name it) "equity frozen" routine, opening a equal set of orders in the opposite direction, no matter what spacing or risk. Ex. if we have 5 SELL, we must have 5 BUY.

Another ideea is to keep a separate track of this orders (5 BUY and 5 SELL - if you do not close them manually) and then, when the large move is over, the EA will continue in the normal mode.

Othr suggestions: recovery orders (regarding this, I think it is some more reaserch to do, cause they will not be open if the risk is already too big and also, the EA must stop open these rec orders once the equity is recovered).

For the remainig rec orders that are not yet closed( Ex. open rec order 1.9000 with tp 1.9005, but the price retraces and never came back, as this is another BIG reason to decrease equity, we have to find a solution...maybe not to use them at all....

Wow, what do you think, guys?

Believe me or not, I already tried to hedge at a certain loss percent, by in 90% of cases was worse than without hedging as trend go in favor of normal orders soon after hedge was placed...

I can easily implement this, but I cannot find any benefits up to now.

Is not necessary to have 5 buys if 5 sell go wrong, is enough one order with equivalent lot size

Recovery orders are very dangerous thing, loss management need further development.

Main idea is all these methods are just a workaround of main problem:

To decide when to go on trend and when to go counter-trend.

I tried various methods but up to date none give expected results.

As for closing manually orders at 5% loss you can do it by using ExitAllTrades=true and StopTrading=true with MaxLossPercent at 5%.

Then all you have to do is to restart EA when consider that large movement ended..

First I would like to thank those who have contributed to writing this EA and improving it. I have a couple of ideas which may improve its performance and lower drawdown.

The first one is instead of having the EA place a second order after the price has gone against you say 20 pips (if not using auto spacing), have the EA wait until it goes a predetermined number of pips beyond that price and have the EA place a stop order 20 pips from the first order and so on.

For example lets say the EA opened a buy order for GBP at 1.9800 for .01 lots and normally when the price reaced 1.9780 it would open another buy order for .02 lots. But instead, why not wait until the price reaches 1.9760 (or the number of pips the user chooses) and have the EA place a stop order at 1.9780 and if the price goes back up to 1.9780 then the trade is executed. This should protect the user if the price drops significantly. Every order after the first order could be done this way. If the GBP happened to drop 150 pips in 15 minutes without retrace you would only be sittting with one .01 lot postion open with a 150 pip loss instead of 7 open positions with a 640 pip total loss.

The second idea is to actually take some profit before the profit target is reached. I have done this manually several times and it has increased my profit significantly. Using our above example lets say that we have 7 positions open. .01 lot at 1.9800, .02 lots at 1.9780, .03 lots at 1.9760. 04 lots at 1.9740, .05 lots at 1.9720, .06 lots at 1.9700 and .07 lots at 1.9680. Now why not take some profit when the 1.9680 postion reaches a certain number of pips (chosen by the user) lets say 20 pips. So when the prices climbs back to 1.97 take 20 pips profit. If the price continues to climb that's great and you will still be able to reach the target profit. But if the price declines and another order is opened at the 1.9680 price once again we have gained another 20 pips and we can keep doing it over and over. ( I did it 3 times with .18 lots on GBP the other day manually). It would be cool if the user could choose after what order this would occur (for example the 5th order) and the number of pips profit to take.

I am not a very good programmer, so if someone could code this, I think it would be beneficial. Thanks.

Kevin