PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 74

If you think about it, trailing profit is basically useless as it will never be hit by the price. The answer is to actually set no TP level at all and just trail the stoploss.

Neo

Thanks Neo!

QUOTE=Neo;180845]If you think about it, trailing profit is basically useless as it will never be hit by the price. The answer is to actually set no TP level at all and just trail the stoploss.

Neo

freedom131477:
Here is xpMA

I use default setings .Highest timefrime like 1 H it give you general trend but i like work on 15 minutes chard

hope it helps

Hi Freedom, please, could youu show us your result ?

Thanks a lot.

I am new to this forum, but have been forward testing v5NeoV2Enhanced and V9.1 for a few weeks on three different demo accounts, with great results, except for this problem mentioned about the floating losses.

Other than that, it is the best EA I have seen yet!

Even after reading through many pages of the past posts, I am still confused on all the different versions though. I just now got v10, and will test it too.

Is there already a posting that compares/explains the differences with all the versions, and maybe some suggested settings for them? All in one posting.

Is v10 the latest and greatest version, and should previous versions not be used? Or are the different versions still usable for different situations?

From my own manual trading, I know that floating losses are difficult to deal with. Even more difficult for an EA to deal with.

Hedging is about the only way to deal with them.

Unless the losses have become so large, that it is too late for hedging even.

Of course, the best thing is to minimize opening trades in the wrong direction, and/or close them as soon as the direction goes against the trade.

Even so, it's a great EA. Good work all!

I will continue the forward testing, and as soon as I have some meaningful results, I will post them for everyone.

So far, I have not blown any accounts, and the DD is not very high at all.

The floating losses are seriously draining the equity and margin though!

tiger_wong:
Hello guys,

I think we should focus to handle floating loss position beside to add additional indicators for this EA. This is the main problem for Pipsmaker

I have an idea to put OrderstoProtect just like 10points3...

Any other ideas?

Hello,

The 14/01, I start a forward test on a demo account with ALPARI (Micro lots)

TF = 15 Min

9 Pairs : EUR/USD GBP/USD USD/JPY USD/CHF USD/CAD EUR/GBP GBP/JPY NZD/USD and EUR/JPY

I join the EA and the SET file.

You can follow the account hour by hour on : Statement: 117540 - PIPMAKER V10-1

Michel

Files:

dmbsys:
Hello,

TF = 15 Min

9 Pairs : EUR/USD GBP/USD USD/JPY USD/CHF USD/CAD EUR/GBP GBP/JPY NZD/USD and EUR/JPY

Michel

Good work Michel...

It seems this version is promising...

I will follow the forward test, please don't stop the test

Panamadan:
I am new to this forum, but have been forward testing v5NeoV2Enhanced and V9.1 for a few weeks on three different demo accounts, with great results, except for this problem mentioned about the floating losses.

Other than that, it is the best EA I have seen yet!

Even after reading through many pages of the past posts, I am still confused on all the different versions though. I just now got v10, and will test it too.

Is there already a posting that compares/explains the differences with all the versions, and maybe some suggested settings for them? All in one posting.

Is v10 the latest and greatest version, and should previous versions not be used? Or are the different versions still usable for different situations?

From my own manual trading, I know that floating losses are difficult to deal with. Even more difficult for an EA to deal with.

Hedging is about the only way to deal with them.

Unless the losses have become so large, that it is too late for hedging even.

Of course, the best thing is to minimize opening trades in the wrong direction, and/or close them as soon as the direction goes against the trade.

Even so, it's a great EA. Good work all!

I will continue the forward testing, and as soon as I have some meaningful results, I will post them for everyone.

So far, I have not blown any accounts, and the DD is not very high at all.

The floating losses are seriously draining the equity and margin though!

I don't know much detail about all version, but the main different between v5ANeo_EnhancedV2 with v10 is :

v5ANeo_EnhancedV2 uses rather complicated logic to close profitable position and leaves the floating loss position...

meanwhile v10 simplifies the logic to close all positions include the loss ones when total profit of floating position reach profit target

All I can say is, v10 keeps the logic simply but solve the main problem of v5ANeo_EnhancedV2

but still there are a hole in this v10, it is a situation when max trades long n short reaches and total profit of them is negative (loss). this situation means hedging the loss and EA can't open a new position because max trades both direction is reached. Solution for this situation is closing all position which means cut all loss.

I am watching the forward test that is doing by dmbsys. Let's hope this EA will survive for a relative long time.

Hi Michel, You can see now the floating loss is very large - actually total closed profit is less than that. My simple suggestion is, as in your preset, your profit target is only 1, please change the profit target to 2 or 3 and you will definitely see the difference very quickly. By having profit target as only 1, you will pay much more spread and sometimes end at loss by slippage in closing target. JMHO.

dmbsys:
Hello,

TF = 15 Min

Michel

sivach:
Hi Michel, You can see now the floating loss is very large - actually total closed profit is less than that. My simple suggestion is, as in your preset, your profit target is only 1, please change the profit target to 2 or 3 and you will definitely see the difference very quickly. By having profit target as only 1, you will pay much more spread and sometimes end at loss by slippage in closing target. JMHO.

Look now !

Michel

This routine closes the biggest loss, might be an alternative to get rid of the floating orders. feel free to implement it!

extern int CloseOrdersPerWeek =5; // 0-5, close most loosing position, 5 = each day one

extern int MaxLoss =-5; // $$

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

void TimeClose()

{

double Order_Profit=0;

if( Hour()>=12 && Hour()<13

&& Minute()==1

&& DayOfWeek()>0 && DayOfWeek()<6 && DayOfWeek()<=CloseOrdersPerWeek

&& DayOfWeek()!=DayOfWeekDone )

{

DayOfWeekDone=DayOfWeek();

for (int y = 0; y < OrdersTotal(); y++)

{

OrderSelect (y, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderMagicNumber() == magic && (OrderType()==OP_BUY || OrderType()==OP_SELL))

{

if (OrderProfit()< Order_Profit) // only negative

{

int Ticket=OrderTicket();

Order_Profit=OrderProfit();

}

}

}

// Print (Order_Profit,DayOfWeek());

OrderSelect (Ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY && OrderProfit()< MaxLoss)

{

if (OrderClose(Ticket,OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,Black))Print ("BUY order closed, P/L = "+OrderProfit());

else Print ("Order close error: "+GetLastError());

}

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL && OrderProfit()< MaxLoss)

{

if (OrderClose(Ticket,OrderLots(),Ask,Slippage,Black))Print ("SELL order closed, P/L = "+OrderProfit());

else Print ("Order close error: "+GetLastError());

}

}

return(0);

}

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+