Learning Cycles For New Traders - page 12

about 6 months ago I had looked at a straight grid system that had a good argument going for it (if you spread the thing out over 3000 pips and never levered your account much and did not really want to make too much money every day and didn't mind paying out the nose in swaps) but if all that was no object it was a great system...

My thoughts on the grid was that the fatal flaws can be boiled down to two fixes....

#1 - you have to hedge the thing top and bottom.... i call it a collar... you must collar your range with a trade equal to the sum of lots going up from centerline or down from centerline if your referring to the low side. Lot size of the buy at the top = to the sum of all open sells and inverse for the sell at the bottom.

#2 - it is a really great idea NOT to use your own money to mark the grid out but to rather put on the trade ONLY after X amount of pips have been passed you buy and THEN return to your grid line...

so if the price shoots up 50 pips... nothing happens - till the price peaks and begins falling back down toward the centerline - then and only then are the trades put on...

If you could do those two things you might have a decent Grid Trader....

Dan7974:
I have found a new way. I am not sharing this new idea, becuase you guys think I am a schoolboy, and a the worst loser. Sorry. I would love to share, but You guys don't care.

evidently we care about you enough to not let you blow your money on a system that is not sound.

Where did you go?

KillerKhan:
Broker: Velocity 4X

Login: 9009126

Password: m7vehpm

login to my demo account, thats blessing martingale

Hi! What setings do you use and what TF?

Oligarh:
Hi! What setings do you use and what TF?

Levels = 10

TP = 20

Lots = 0.01

UseStopLoss = false

Time frame does not matter, as this EA is based on Price only.

Dan7974:
I have found a new way. I am not sharing this new idea, becuase you guys think I am a schoolboy, and a the worst loser. Sorry. I would love to share, but You guys don't care.

no need to share..this method already existed before you were born...good luck

anybody noticed piji poasted an EA ?

I'm not using it because I dnt believe in martingale but I just wanted to thank piji for sharing his work and the "Feel free to modify coding inside" comment

piji:
I just made an EA for this and not test yet.

I'm just a beginner coder.

Feel free to modify coding inside.

This is just too funny

In the last three pages I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. Christian artifacts, curve fitting results and people storming off like little kids.

The hilarity keeps building.

FxNorth

fxnorth:
In the last three pages I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. Christian artifacts, curve fitting results and people storming off like little kids.

The hilarity keeps building.

FxNorth

Agree :D

KillerKhan:
Broker: Velocity 4X

Login: 9009126

Password: m7vehpm

login to my demo account, thats blessing martingale

Hello,

Good job

"Amazing System" Easy 500 pips a month !

THIS SYSTEM OF MINE WORKS, SO READ AHEAD IF YOU WANT TO BE PROFITABLE.GIVES YOU AN EASY 500 PIPS A MONTH. NOT KIDDING.SOUNDS CRAZY?WAIT TILL YOU TRY IT OUT. GOOD LUCK!

Picture example will be posted in a couple of hours.

Set-Up:

At least an account that can withstand 500 pips. A $500 mini account would be great. Open it up, and watch it grow.

1) Open GBP/JPY, H1 Interval

2) 2 Moving Averages

- 60 Linear Wieghted of the high

- 60 Linear Weighted of the low

Entry Rules :

1) When GBP/JPY closes above the 60 Linear of the high, buy.

2) When GBP/JPY closes below the 60 Linear of the low, sell.

Trading Rules :

1) Stop is at the opposite moving average.

ie., if sold(close under the 60 of the low),Stop is the close above the 60 of the high.

2) Trade 2 lots. Breakeven to +10 Pips on both lots when price passed 50 Pips in Your favor. First lot exit is + 75 Pips. Second lot exit is at + 150.

3) If the bar's body that closes past the MA is more than 70 pips high, avoid the trade.

I would really like it if somebody can code and EA for this method. Also, this method needs to better, to reach 1000 pips a month, so we need to try to filter the losses. I am NOT saying this is a bad method...it just needs to be better, you know?

Any questions? I would be happy to answer them.

Again, I am going to post a picture example in a couple of hours.

Dan.