Learning Cycles For New Traders - page 9

Thank you wibitiens for such fantastic finds, I am sure there are alot more moves like that. I did some digging up on those days and the News on those days, here is what I came up with...

Jan 12th 2006:

ECB Interest Rate Decision

Trade Balance

Import Prices m/m

Chicago Fed President Moskow Speaks

Unemployment Claims

June 29 2006:

M3 Money Supply y/y

Gross Domestic Product q/y (f)

GDP Deflator q/y (f)

Unemployment Claims

ECB President Trichet Speaks

FOMC Interest Rate Statement

July 14th 2006:

Retail Sales m/m

Retail Sales excl. Autos m/m

Nov 23 2006:

German GDP q/q (f)

German Ifo Business Climate Index

Current Account

Holiday: Thanksgiving Day (lol while we were eating turkey they banged USD hard)

So seems like News Filter is needed. One thing comes to mind is the NewsTrader EA, but instead of trading during news, we filter it and donot trade during news. Questions is, how many days a year are we going to be trading then. As seems like there is news almost every other day of the week. Also looking at trading graphs, seems like there is usually more activity between wednesday and friday. Meaning the news on wednesdays and fridays hold more weight. Hmmmm

Keep on working on this guys, we are definately in the right direction, at least in the sense of market awareness.

I just made an EA for this and not test yet.

I'm just a beginner coder.

Feel free to modify coding inside.

Files:
hg.ex4  6 kb
hg.mq4  5 kb

For those of you looking for some solid results or statements, Here is login info to my demo forward test I been doing using Velocity 4x account. I started out with 2 pairs, EURUSD and USDJPY with $10k account, using 0.01 as initial lot. The EA is from the Blessing System Thread, it's in the thread somewhere, called Blessing Martingale v5.mq4. After a week of testing I noticed that the required margin was so little that I could add 2 more currencies, so I put USDCHF and GBPUSD on the test as well, now it's been 10 days I think of forward testing and its at around $350 profit or +3500 pips. Here is the login info. to the demo account...

Broker: Velocity 4X

Login: 9009126

Password: m7vehpm

KillerKhan:
Thank you wibitiens for such fantastic finds, I am sure there are alot more moves like that. I did some digging up on those days and the News on those days, here is what I came up with...

Jan 12th 2006:

ECB Interest Rate Decision

So seems like News Filter is needed. One thing comes to mind is the NewsTrader EA, but instead of trading during news, we filter it and donot trade during news. Questions is, how many days a year are we going to be trading then. As seems like there is news almost every other day of the week. Also looking at trading graphs, seems like there is usually more activity between wednesday and friday. Meaning the news on wednesdays and fridays hold more weight. Hmmmm

Keep on working on this guys, we are definately in the right direction, at least in the sense of market awareness.

Right, most of them are big news. Thanks for checking the dates KillerKhan. About news trading, check this link:

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/forex-metatrader/trading-systems/1445-make-easy-pips-economic-calendar.html

It talks about using FXfisherman Economic Calender. It gives pretty good result many times. However, for me, trading news means that I have to stay on my computer while news starts. I did it a few days ago during the FOMC news and Home Sales news. It goes up over 80 pips in just 30 minutes

May be we can design an EA that will do martiangle system during "safe" period and switch to news trading a few moment before news. Saying is easy :P It's just an idea

Cheers,

Here is something to look into. MqlDev has created an EXE that will automatically download the news from forexfactory.com and put it in .csv format. Then he has an indicator created that reads that csv file.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175909

So, we can incorporate these two things into this EA. Silpy take the code from the Indicator and slap it in this EA, and put a Trade = True and Trade = False statement. A day before news that is medium importance or higher importance switch the Trade = False. So whatever open positions we have, when these positions hit TP then look for variable Trade, if Trade = False then donot trade anymore. Now after news is over, and the time on the news has to match your broker's time otherwise you are stopping and starting trades at wrong time lol, after news i over then you look at the difference between bid and ask of your chart that you are trading, e.g. EURUSD. You pre-set difference between Bid and Ask as lets say 3 pips. And after news you check difference between Bid and Ask and if difference between Bid and Ask is more than the preset of 3 then you wait some more. When the difference is 3 or less, you start trading again.

This only pertains to brokers that widen their spread and is not using fixed spread. I use FXDD so I am thinking of my live account.

I usually think faster than I can type and sometimes I think I typed something but I did not, if you guys donot understand what I said just above plz post. Thanks,

KillerKhan:
Here is something to look into. MqlDev has created an EXE that will automatically download the news from forexfactory.com and put it in .csv format. Then he has an indicator created that reads that csv file.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175909

I usually think faster than I can type and sometimes I think I typed something but I did not, if you guys donot understand what I said just above plz post. Thanks,

That's a good idea to stop trading one day before news, then wait until the red news over. May be it is also important to filter the red news itself. From the post by yeoeleven in 10points3 a few days ago, he mentioned the most volatile news. May be we should filter which red news that are really need to be considered. Otherwise, like this week, from forex factory, everyday contains all red

Cheers,

interesting you guys should be talking about news trades. ive been demoing and live trading the terminator since sept '06, only using usdcad and i have been successful up until last weeks news on cad. i didnt realize there was news that day and the cad moved down 255 pips; which is very rare but took almost all my profit. if we can avoid all RED news, at least on the cad, ive seen the pair go as far as 10 levels and not more. and i ve notice that news day, if i had waited at the end of that hour and started the EA, it went 9 levels down and turned around for profit. news is definitely the culprit, at least the volatile ones. i ignore the orange and yellow ones.

criss73:
interesting you guys should be talking about news trades. ive been demoing and live trading the terminator since sept '06, only using usdcad and i have been successful up until last weeks news on cad. i didnt realize there was news that day and the cad moved down 255 pips; which is very rare but took almost all my profit. if we can avoid all RED news, at least on the cad, ive seen the pair go as far as 10 levels and not more. and i ve notice that news day, if i had waited at the end of that hour and started the EA, it went 9 levels down and turned around for profit. news is definitely the culprit, at least the volatile ones. i ignore the orange and yellow ones.

Cad? Last Week? Many people got it, including me I closed 2 of my demo account that were just opened a few days before because of this "good" news

Cheers,

1 thing I noticed is that the DooDoo hits the fan during the US session. What if we trade the EURUSD only during European Session (0700 GMT - 1700 GMT). And at the same time Avoid days of the US news as mentioned in the above post?