Learning Cycles For New Traders - page 5

may be mine slightly slower then what we're talking about. half of the holy grail?

Files:
v12_beta.gif  5 kb
v12_beta.htm  97 kb

Very Nice

davidke20:
may be mine slightly slower then what we're talking about. half of the holy grail?

Very nice. Thanks for all your work on other Martingale EAs.

BTW, 1. When/if you will share this version of EA?

2. FXDD allows micro lot if you asked them. I have it.

Andy L

AL4715:
Very nice. Thanks for all your work on other Martingale EAs.

BTW, 1. When/if you will share this version of EA?

2. FXDD allows micro lot if you asked them. I have it.

Andy L

I have shared this EA out on the other thread with a group of early birds. And I'm currently busy on the next project. Will call for next recruitment of tester soon. Backtest already carried out for the new project. Stay tune on 10point3

Regards

David

@davidke20

Your V12_Beta makes nearly 500% a month with a drawdown of 10%.

The statement is forward testing?

Where is the discuss about this EA? You have a Link?

davidke20:

Damn Davidke20, you got some 29.60 lots running in there at some point. Hardcore over leveraging I see. Good results though, definatley good. Hit or Miss I assume?

martin80:
@davidke20

Your V12_Beta makes nearly 500% a month with a drawdown of 10%.

The statement is forward testing?

Where is the discuss about this EA? You have a Link?

Its on the 10point3.mq4 thread.

KillerKhan:
Damn Davidke20, you got some 29.60 lots running in there at some point. Hardcore over leveraging I see. Good results though, definatley good. Hit or Miss I assume?

Good observation. 1:500 on demo. 1:400 on live account. V12 is closed. New project is comming in soon. Stay tune

Regards

David

Dan7974:
The #1 most important thing is that I need an EA for this strategy.

Trade a curreny pair with about 2 pips spread. Maybe 3, but not 4.

Would be great if 1.

When You see the market, place 2 orders. Anytime. Buy and Sell 1 lot.

If You put the trades on ie., 1.4680 then draw a horizontal line on 1.4680

( Opening Price ), 1.4700 ( Level + 1 ) - Levels are 20 pips apart -, 1.4720

( Level + 2 ), and up to level + 8. Then make 8 levels under opening price. Level -1 would be 1.4660.

No Stops at the beginning. Don't pay attention to the orders on the left side.

When market reaches level + 1, add 3 lots to Your sell position, and let your 1 lot buy keep on going, and put stop for all the 3 open orders to the Opeining Price ( Level 0 ).

So, You exit when the market reaches a certain level, and then drops back down one. ie., price reaches Level + 4, Stop is at ( Level + 3 for ALL open orders ). WHen reaches - 3, Stop is at -2 Level.

Again, when reaches Level +- 1, trade 1 lot.

Level +-2, trade 3 lots.

Level +- 3, trade 5 lots.

Level +- 4, trade 9 lots.

Level +-5, trade 17 lots. ( Doesn't happen often )

Level +- 6, trade 33 lots.

Level +- 7, trade 65 lots.

Level +-8, trade 129 lots.

If account is bigger, keep going, and you won't lose. Not 1 trade.

I will show You a way so that Your account(s) won't blow up.

Also, I use MetaTrader4. I also like to start the trade in the beginning of the day. ( 00:00 ) time on MT4.

Any Questions?

I would be happy to answer them.

Lets carry on with the title. Dan, if we do sell limit at that point, how are we going to ensure the market is not trending all the way up? By the way, are we talking about hedge gridding? Say 0 level start at 1.4780, when price goes up to 1.4800, we do buy and sell 1lot each? I'm sorry for the noob question. I've never grid before. But I really dont quite understand your chart eleboration. Slight help would be much appreciate. I can see the opportunity of Gridding and Martingaling, all I have in mind at the moment is risk management. When to close with loss. That is the major issue on this kind of trading technique. There is no way a person can win forever. Dont let the EA make just 1 loss in a year, and that loss become your margin call. I'm sure that is not fun! And you'll curse that EA that used to make you tonnes of money to hell. 2pips

Regards

David

I like how this strategy is very similar to Blessing System, you just changed the lot sizes. Anyway...

I did some quick dry math here...

If you use the following account type

200:1 leverage

initial Lot 0.01

And the market moves 180 pips without any 20 pips retrace or 9 levels, then you will need around $2k to cover the move.

If the currency moves 10 levels or 200 pips in 1 big move with no 20 pips retrace then you will need around $3700 to cover the margin and float.

The more levels the price moves the margin required almost doubles. And when the retraces does happen you only gain 20Pips worth of the initial lot size. In this case 0.01 and 20 pips = 20cents.

So you in a move like that, and it does not happen often, you are puttin around $3700 on the table to make 20 cents.

Now most of the time you donot see that kind of move, but when it does happen and it will, you will get margin called and loose almost all your account.

Only filter I can think of is to use a currency that does not act or move like that. Like GBPJPY is definately out of question. Infact anything with GBP is out of the question.

EURUSD, looking at the previous charts, seems like there were some big moves. Maybe the news days or week or months can be filtered?

I think USDCHF or ERUCHF is best currency for this, as its a slow moving snail or turtle and give enough movement to cover 20 pips but also does nt move like a GBPJPY type of pair.

My 2 cents

KillerKhan:
I like how this strategy is very similar to Blessing System, you just changed the lot sizes. Anyway...

I did some quick dry math here...

If you use the following account type

200:1 leverage

initial Lot 0.01

And the market moves 180 pips without any 20 pips retrace or 9 levels, then you will need around $2k to cover the move.

If the currency moves 10 levels or 200 pips in 1 big move with no 20 pips retrace then you will need around $3700 to cover the margin and float.

The more levels the price moves the margin required almost doubles. And when the retraces does happen you only gain 20Pips worth of the initial lot size. In this case 0.01 and 20 pips = 20cents.

So you in a move like that, and it does not happen often, you are puttin around $3700 on the table to make 20 cents.

Now most of the time you donot see that kind of move, but when it does happen and it will, you will get margin called and loose almost all your account.

Only filter I can think of is to use a currency that does not act or move like that. Like GBPJPY is definately out of question. Infact anything with GBP is out of the question.

EURUSD, looking at the previous charts, seems like there were some big moves. Maybe the news days or week or months can be filtered?

I think USDCHF or ERUCHF is best currency for this, as its a slow moving snail or turtle and give enough movement to cover 20 pips but also does nt move like a GBPJPY type of pair.

My 2 cents

Can we modify this monster with 10point3? It can be easily done.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Can we modify this monster with 10point3? It can be easily done.

Regards

David

Sorry David, I have never used 10Point3, so not sure how that works