New EA based on the !xMeter - page 25

!xMeter.Mq4

Does anyone know how to use this 'System'?

I would sure like to know.

I got the file but don't seem able to post it

Hi:

I am the "new kid on the block' when it comes to MT4.

I have created the FIB MULTI indicator that displays the fib position of the currency pair on 7 different periods.

The numbers are the fib levels expressed as a percentage. The bars are just a visual. Green is 100% or higher. Red is 0% or lower.

I also wrote a candle color indicator to show the candle color of the currency pair on 7 different periods.

Hi:

I have created the FIB MULTI indicator that displays the fib position of the currency pair on 7 different periods.

The numbers are the fib levels expressed as a percentage. The bars are just a visual. Green is 100% or higher. Red is 0% or lower.

I also wrote a candle color indicator to show the candle color of the currency pair on 7 different periods.

I figured out how to do it myself!

Help with cool indicator please

Can anyone help finish this useful indicator?

Anyone know the ins/outs of progamming the METER in MT4?

many thanks

Nice. but what about mq4 file?

The xMeter is great. It inspired me to code other indicators using that display.

But I thought it would be nice to see the HISTORY of the currency values so I turned the xMeter into a lower indicator.

TheRumpledOne:

Hi:

Hi

can u please post the gimal set of indi/template and ea.

Also you have one indicator which shows no of buyers/sellers on the charts.

please share this indicator and explain the use of this.

thanks in advance

Also thanks to ferrufx for such nice indicators and ea .

Sceenshots

Some screenshots to show the indicator and the EA described in the previous post in action...

The difference between smoothed and choppy

Example of just showing EURUSD lines and GBPUSD lines. If you drag another symbol to the chart, the lines will switch automatically

The EA with only the major 5

ak20:
Hi everyone,

I have coded two variations of the original !xMeter. One is similar except that it only has the major five currencies (EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY). I dropped the CAD and AUD since I don't trade these myself. I also extended the scale from five steps to ten. You have to run this file as an EA.

The second file is an indicator based on this EA. The advantage of the indicator is that it can show you the history. I wasn't aware that TRO had already coded something similar... I hope my version will still add some functionality that people will like. It was a good exercise in coding anyway :-)

The indicator is very flexible in the way you can decide which part of the history you want to view. See the comments in the source for a full explanation.

You can smooth the lines if you like, making them less squiggly in TRO-speak ;-) This is done using a Wilder EMA.

It also has a switch that ensures only the lines from the currency in the current chart are shown (looking at the EURUSD chart, it hides the other lines, switch to GBPJPY and it shows the GBP and JPY automatically).

And finally, you can change over what period it calculates the high, low and range. Choose either 'since midnight' as in the original, or make it look at a rolling window of e.g. 12 hours.

I hope you guys find this indicator useful. Let me know what you think of it!

Expert: !xMeter_EA Major_5 v02.mq4

xmeter_ea_major_5_v02.mq4

Indicator: !xMeter_EA Major_5 Indy v02.mq4

xmeter_ea_major_5_indy_v02.mq4

I use FXDD MT4 platform demo account.

the known !xMeter works ok!

But the two versions you posted come up blank.

I know you did something with the "m" for mini accounts..but that is not the problem here.

I wonder if you have an idea to pont me in the direction of compiling the mq4 code for your versions , so it will woth.

Thanks

FxGreek