New EA based on the !xMeter - page 22

My results with the GBP/USD version........

I am indeed sorry to report that this EA is pretty "useless" when it comes to trading the GBP/USD. I received the EA from one of the members in this thread and ran it 24/7 for 2 weeks. The results speak for itself and personally I believe you may be "barking up the wrong tree", but then it is only my opinion.

Files:
xmeter_info.doc  26 kb

Backtesting 10.2004-07.2007.

Files:

Dior:
Backtesting 10.2004-07.2007.

Backtesting multi-currency EA is useless, you can only forward-test it.

What does the Reverse Version of this EA do?

Can anyone please explain what does the Reverse version do? I undersand the regular version; buy the strongest currency Vs the weakest currency. What does the reverse one do?

Also should we be running both the regular and the reverse version on the same account or how do we combine the two for better results? Or maybe the two are meant to be run separately.

Thanks in advance!

jsharma:
Can anyone please explain what does the Reverse version do? I undersand the regular version; buy the strongest currency Vs the weakest currency. What does the reverse one do?

Also should we be running both the regular and the reverse version on the same account or how do we combine the two for better results? Or maybe the two are meant to be run separately.

Thanks in advance!

The reverse version BUY where the standard version SELL ... and vice-versa. With strong number, some could suppose a possible reverse ...

You can trade the 2 versions on the same account. Each one will manage its own orders (different magic numbers).

Thanks for your interest.

FerruFx

multipairs xmeter

Does the multi pair EA need to be attached to 'all' pairs that you want to work with ???

thanks ... Jim

Thanks!

FerruFx,

Thanks for the quick response. I guess what I wanted to ask was if the two version (Reverse and the standard) are supposed to be run together for better gains? Is that how you are running it? If possible, can you please post your preset file for the two versions?

Just fyi, I tried this yesterday on a demo account and it lost almost $500 on a $10K account overnight. I still think that this has great potential and I might not be using the settings correctly.

Thanks!

FerruFx:
Hi all,

I start this thread (with Rlinac agreement) about his great tool: the !xMeter.

!xMeter calculate the strength between different currencies. When I study the values on the picture below, it appears obvious that more the variation is large more it would be interesting to open a position.

So I decided to make an EA based on this invaluable indicator and which I come to present here.

This first version is only for EURUSD. If you like it, i would make the following versions: GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD, EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, EURAUD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF.

The EA details:

1. BUY or SELL when the High and Low levels are reach (eg. if EUR reach High && USD reach Low then BUY)

2. MagicNumber which allows to trade various pairs and several EA simultaneously. You can also delete EA and attach it back, it'll manage its own positions.

The settings:

1. Standard settings: TP, SL, Trailing, Lot size, Slippage

2. The Levels to open: HighLevel and LowLevel

3. MaxSpread for traders who don't want trade the news!!!

4. ManagedLotSize, Risk and MaxLot for increase (or decrease!) your lot size automaticaly with your balance size. If we have others versions (others pairs), i will put also PairsTraded for divide the risk between all pairs.

I tried it on live account yesterdayday. It works perfectly and the results are promissing (3 wins and 1 loss).

I notice some bugs (not in trading). If someone can test if the problem is only me:

1. When the EA is attached to the chart, it isn't possible to click on smiley face to change parameters. The same problem than the original !xMeter. I think it's because of the infinite loop for the Meter.

2. The Meter's values between demo and real are different. My broker have different server for demo and live. Maybe also different feed.

3. Backtests aren't possible. Why? I don't know. Maybe because the Meter doesn't refresh for backtest.

Notice that all these bugs doesn't make any problem for trading.

I am opened with all suggestions concerning of new features but let us try to keep the 1st spirit of this EA: the !xMeter.

Thanks for your feedback.

FerruFx

Update 2007.05.27: EAs MultiPairs and MultiPairs reverse

I would like to place the meter on my minilot account at NorthFinance which uses the MetaTrader Platform. Unfortunately it will not go on the chart. Can you help figure out what the problem is. I said false to using the IBFX brokerage.

Dave

<<<<

Current result for xmeter multi pairs trader. I tried some money management control to reduce the loss. The result include a few manual trading based on xmeter.

Can someone post the xMeter

Can someone post the xMeter indicator?

All I can find on this thread is the EA which I don't want.

Thanks very much! ut2DaMax

Sorry to bother, I just found the xMeter Indicator here:

http://www.forexmt4.com/mt_yahoo/