V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 13

drgoodvibe:
Everyone please be warned that this EA is not for the faint of heart. It should be just another tool in your toolbox while you explore other trading strategies as well. It should not be what you base your entire forex life on or all of your money for that matter.

You are so right! I was just about to post the same thing.

cucurucu:
You are so right! I was just about to post the same thing.

i've been in the trading world long enough to know that there's more then just way to profit in trading (any kind, forex and else).

Cucurucu, any particular reason why you chose to write two seperate EA's V1 and V2 rather then just one EA that would buy and sell at the same time?

I have so many versions of this thing to test now..

Results for mini?

hhsmoney:
I guess this thread was being opened while I was making a post to the original thread, so I'll make another one here.

---------------------------------------

I am attaching my forward testing statement of the close all trades every 5% gain idea. The account has gain 12% in 4 days!

hhsmoney;

It looks like you may have attached the v1+v2 5% mini EA to a standard 100k account. The first trade shown on your statement was a buy @ .17 lots and it moved against you 10 pips for a loss of -17.00 which is 1.70 per pip not .17 per pip. So it looks like your closed P/l would need to be divided by 10 to give you true results on a mini account. Plus I didn't see the "m" after the symbols on the statement that identify it as a mini account.

Bummer. I was getting excited!

v1mini+v2mini

cucurucu version mini

demo 6 days

ibfx 3k miniaccount

Files:
6_mayo.gif  5 kb
6_mayo.htm  39 kb

fxgrm:
hhsmoney;

It looks like you may have attached the v1+v2 5% mini EA to a standard 100k account. The first trade shown on your statement was a buy @ .17 lots and it moved against you 10 pips for a loss of -17.00 which is 1.70 per pip not .17 per pip. So it looks like your closed P/l would need to be divided by 10 to give you true results on a mini account. Plus I didn't see the "m" after the symbols on the statement that identify it as a mini account.

Bummer. I was getting excited!

No fxgrm, in a micro/mini account, a 10 pip move against me at 0.17 lot would have cost me $17, which is what you see in my statement. If it was a standard account, this would translate to $170.

When you see the "m" attached to the currency pairs, it is identifying that the account is a micro account, not mini or standard.

But regardless, a 12% gain is a 12% gain, no matter the type of account. So feel free to get excited again

Hope this helps.

12% is 12%

Good Point!

Hello,

I will post the same questions i have on the original thread of Rifo Valas.

I just have two questions:

1. What happend if for some unfortunate incident that the computer was turn-off???Can i still come back to the trades and will it open again while there are still some open trades at the moment??

2. What is the exit strategy for this system???There is always some residual negative trades, do i have just to close it if i intend to quit trading???

Thanks

drgoodvibe:
Cucurucu, any particular reason why you chose to write two seperate EA's V1 and V2 rather then just one EA that would buy and sell at the same time?

It was easier to code. Just copy/paste and small modifications.

It is also easier for each EA to keep track of its own orders and not mess with other EAs (or manual) trades like one of the combined versions here.

Pyramidage in the direction of the tendency

Moved in : Forex Trading > Metatrader Training > Metatrader 4 mql 4 - Development course Questions

Hi cucurucu, you mentioned the margin call in 2005, is that mean the account... blowed? is that safer for trading eur/usd only? Thx a lot!