Adaptive Abdullah grid - page 5

welcome

welcome

Cheers

Ea

HI Shahjd

I read carefully your last post, Before I can post any comments about your use of the blessing system, Maybe you can post the manual way of trading this EA. As I remember, the length of blessing system grid is 20 pibs, Maybe posting a chart with all the expanation over it will do. Please also post the EA and the parameters change...... seems to be a nice idea.

by Waiting the 261.8 or 461.8 level for reversal entries you will loose some profitable entries, in the second hand it will have more probability to get the targets earlier (That's good because time is money), I will test it.

Within 1 week I will get a yahoo mail & Chat with you because I'm very busy these days. By the way, do not post your emails in any public forum because you will be spammed to death, any personal informations should be exchanged via private messages allowed in this forum. So edit your post & remove your email from there.

Waiting your response,

Zappata

interesting idea being developed here

this is how the the blessing system started https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176083

Good luck

Confluence Area

Hi everybody

The adaptive abdullah grid can help to determine the areas of confluence. In the attached BMP I have chosen 3 upwaves to determine the areas of confluence:

1st area: Between 13456 & 13459

2nd area Between 13428 & 13430

Let us wait & see

Zappata

Files:
analysis.zip  45 kb

This is how I conducted the trade!

Hi everybody

Please open the chart I uploaded in my last post.

I buyed yesterday 0.1 lot at 13457 at what I beleived it's the 1st area of confluence. the price was fluctuating between 13448 & 13457. this support holds until the first hours of the european session this major support was breaked. So. I put a buy limit order at 13430 (0.32 lots) which is the second confluence area, I was filled a little while after & as forcasted by me yesterday the price bounced over from this support. I put the target to close all open orders which becomes now a resistance at the first confluence area which is 13457. I waited till the open of the american session where again the price tested the 2nd confluence area & bounced again directly to the target. This was a real live trade using my micro account of 382$ which is now 432.8$. Please see the last 2 lines of the attached file.

cheers

Files:
stat_1.zip  6 kb

hi zapata,

i just sent u a msg through YM..

Btw, about using fifth element EA, its simple..

1) choose a swing, draw a fib projection using the fib retracement based on the swing.

2) Based on the fib, determine the pip step. Example, pip step between 161.8 n 261.8. If the stepsize is too big, then choose the pip step of 261.8 and 211.8. i would normally feel comfortable with a pip step of 20 or 30.

3) load the bless EA. The pipstep n takeprofit value is the one calculated above.

4) once price hits fibo 261.8 or 161.8 (can be any 61.8s or 11.8s fib line), start the EA. It will immediately buy n sell, at the fib line.. and will continue to do so on every fib level, equivalent to the pipstep value.

Also, please start with small lots due to the fact that the ea is staging all the time in either direction.

Main disadvantage is that, after a few days or after a news release, the pipstep may differ significantly, in which the buy or sell takes place a few pips (sometimes a significant amount) off the fib lines.

Btw, i'm using the first version of the bless EA.

Oh, another thing, i trade this on a live acc but still my main trades are done manually.

ShahJB

zappata:
Hi ShahJb & everybody

Amazing also that I'm a fan of bill williams ideas & his book trading chaos & the new trading dimensions. I think the most important ideas of him are:

1- The fractal definition as he describing perfetly the emotions mechanic of the market.

2- His amazing way of defining the minor & the major turning points of the market with the use his five magical bullets.

3- His definitions of the five dimensions of the market.

4- Explaining perfetly the underlying structure of the market.

The importance of these 2 books is not the use of the techniques he propose, but understanding the structure of the market behavior & the best use of our mind structure to create/invent/developp/improve systems that are not traditional techniques which make 95% of the traders loose their accounts & also their minds/health/life/families/.... .Please do not understand me wrong, I have nothing against trendlines, oscillators, ... but I have everything againt the traditional ways of implementing them & the use of them in traditional known ways which (I'll repeat) make 95% of traders loose their money.The market behavior is in fact random but the underlying structure of it (the traders emotions) is not & can be forcasted to the pib. Dancing with the maket tones is my favorite hobby. I'm trading for fun, what if that fun is making me money also & improve my mind power & my immagination & my style of life.

Before I close this post I would like to introduce the book "Bird watching in lions country" For Mr. Dirk Dutoit, I highly respect this man because when I read his book it was a turning point for me as a trader. I understand now the right way of using the leverage & that I should enter the market at his exhaution with low gear & more gear with more exhautuon. I understand that there is many ways to ride the maket sea (maybe ocean), But one way to get out safe is to make profits by dancing over the market waves flow whenever they are present. Our duty as traders is to create systems which are synchronized with market underlying structure of the market & our minds (point a la ligne)

Beleive me it's not poetry.

See you soon

Zappata

P.S: For ShahJB, Perhaps You can post you detailed techniques of entering & exiting the market, so we can interchange our ideas & sort a much more sophisticated system .

Hi Zapata,

Sorry for replying rather late.. Great to see how this thread has progressed..

Currently, i'm auto trading this method using 5th element blessing EA in which i set the EA to start (buy n sell) at a fibo level and the pipsteps are equivalent to the distances between the 61.8s... sometimes, i take the distance of the .118s n .618s.. However, the disadvantage is when the swing size changes.. using the EA, i start with small lots in which the intial lots depends on the swing size of the seed wave.

When i manual trade, i will normally play out the reversals only. So, i start my staging at 261.8 with bigger lots and double up the lots if price increases to the next .618s. My tp method is similar to yours. The advantage with manual trading is that whenever i close a trade. i look for the next swing size.

Based on elliot wave n fibonacci, a particular impulsive wave terminates at either 261.8 or 461.8. If the seed wave / first wave is projected accordingly, this relation can be clearly seen.

Btw, this is using fibo retracement.

The only problem with creating an EA based on this method is how to code the EA to recognize the swings. If this can be resolved, a powerful EA is in the making..

Another interesting thing that i'm studying at the moment is projection based on retracement.. I'll dwell on this soon..

P/s: I'll post some charts by today.

Btw, zapata, it will be great if we can chat through ym since we seem to have a common interest.

emm, i wonder why this thread is not getting much attention..

i see that the current "trend" of EAs in forex-tsd are martingale based..

well, to those currently developing such systems, this thread will certainly give an idea on how to determine the correct pip step values for each currency based on swing size n fibo..

development of a martingale EA that can dynamically change the pipstep based on price swing will reduce pyramiding risks.

Most volatile movements that bust accs are due to the fact that the initial swing is large..

So, if the swing size is big, the step size becomes large as well and the pyramiding levels are justified and compensated.. not too many pyramiding levels and the acc is somehow protected against risks..

Hi zappata,

This looks like a very interesting system you are working on here. Do you have the rules for entry set in stone yet, or are you still tinkering with it?

Hi ryanklefas,

details of the system is in post #24.

ShahJB