Chimera - Trending EA - based on Phoenix. - page 3

Chimera_v5_7_2_W - trailing stop fixed.

It's working again.

See post 1 for the code.

Chimera 5.7.2

Great Job PContour. I'll put it on the test bench tonight, if not before. I think 5.7.2 has some life in it still.

Is there any chance of porting the remaining EASY signals over to Chimera5.7.2? I took a stab at it yesterday and only managed to bite my own tail. If you wish I could send you the signals section for reconstruction.

No action happening with the P6Chimera on demo USDCHF.

Suggest that we renumber Chimera version, for example, Chimera X. The current numbering may be misleading for some. What say?

autumnleaves:

P6 Chimera USDCHF,M15: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only

Autumn

That error is caused because your calling a function (SetIndexBuffer) in your EA that should only be used in indicator files. EAs can not set buffers.

Error log

Thanks Mis B Havin, I hope Daraknor will have time to rectify the problem before too long.

Are we asking daraknor to do too much? Would it be better to let him concentrate on getting P6 out of beta and into a stable version first, then work on the other variations of Phoenix?

daraknor, you're not bogged down with coding, are you? girlfriend isn't still annoyed with you working on Phoenix, is she?

I already fixed that problem in P6 Chimera Beta1 a few days ago. P6ChimeraBeta1 trades one signal, but the others don't trade. The EASY code in Chimera5.7.2 is only 2 signals, but there are 5 signals in P6Chimera. I'm hoping you guys can turn on debugging in the settings window, read the log files output, and see which values for the array aren't being set properly. The array data comes directly from the indicator, I just adapted the EA to call the data in the first element of the array. [0] I'm hoping that the most recent data goes into the first element, because it makes sense for indicators to be set up that way.

At this point, I'm waiting for someone to debug the array contents, and tell me if I'm mishandling them, if they work, or if they are just plain wrong. The array data needs to be debugged separately from how it is used.

Edit:

Problem fixed=SetIndexBuffer (I had just copy pasted from indicator to EA and forgot to turn this off. Silly mistake - but my gf wanted me to go.)

Setting to enable logging=EnableSignalDebug set this value to true (second setting from the top)

Log files for backtesting= C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\tester\files\

hhsmoney:
Are we asking daraknor to do too much? Would it be better to let him concentrate on getting P6 out of beta and into a stable version first, then work on the other variations of Phoenix? daraknor, you're not bogged down with coding, are you? girlfriend isn't still annoyed with you working on Phoenix, is she?

We talked about my volunteer work on Phoenix for quite some time on several occasions. My deepest motivation in life is to change the world into a better place, and she knew that before we started dating. PhoenixFund is a way that I can facilitate the changes that I'd like to make in the world. The UN Development Program makes effort on the strongest issues that we face. I also have a lot of deeply researched highly opinionated perspectives on different issues. Many of my conclusions are supported by other groups as well. With the current state of batteries (baring carbon nanotube batteries and other Singularity style changes) I think the only sustainable large scale transportation system that works is electric rail and under 5 miles to final destination away from the rail station. My findings were independently confirmed by sustainability researchers at IKEA. On a fundamental level, planes, cars and ships are unsustainable. This doesn't mean we can't have those things, it does mean we can't rely on them.

I've studied likely geographic changes based on estimates for several different events. I've done efficiency studies on different fuels, energy systems and models. I have created systems model symbols for modeling living systems. I've been working on statistical and relational systems AI. I have redesigned the idea of "human space" contrary to most civic design in order to make cities sustainable. I have a patent pending technology for growing the majority of our food in cities. Based on my math, the alternative to many of these choices is over 99.9% of us die. This is referred to by many as "The Crash" and I'm trying to avoid it.

My girlfriend is not obsessed the way I am, but she believes as I do. We need to make certain changes to the way the world works. We need to fund prototypes, patents and production. We need to change the entire system of how information is organized and disseminated in Education, Media, Research and as reference data.

In other words, I want to conduct large scale infrastructure, economic and social experiments with early testing in 'third world' countries. These all align with UN Development Program goals of increasing education, feeding massive numbers of people, decreasing infant mortality, etc. Some of the changes I want to make are directly related to the Forex market, by creating a currency based on sustainability backed by real estate. The USD is currently 'backed by' reserves maintained by the Federal Reserve held by 22 prime banks then multiplied throughout the banking infrastructure by mortgage loans creating new electronic currency. 'Paper Money' is just a marker between banks, same as XML SWIFT and XML ACH systems. I also have a prepatent system for cryptographic system for electronic minting (or reserve) of a cryptographic cash system that ensure anonymity and security, reviewed and approved by a patent attorney who has considerable skills with cryptography. I'm waiting to find out if the 16 bit quantum computers use quantum entanglement, or if they are just turing machines with magnetic fields replacing 'tape' and process registers.

With all of these things in my head, with all of these things I want to do, my girlfriend understands when I work obsessed for 20 hours straight - but she doesn't like it. We have time together, but she has limits and so do I.

Long story short, PhoenixFund is a major part of my life. I do want to see other people at least debug signal output, create settings, etc.

Darak's thought

Five stars...

Nothing to say... Nothing to add...

Great...

daraknor:
Long story short, PhoenixFund is a major part of my life. I do want to see other people at least debug signal output, create settings, etc.

Where can I start with P6. I think with my tiny little programming skill should help you up a little bit anyway.

Regards

David

Ok daraknor, just making sure Phoenix isn't taking you away from things that are more important

You're forgetting one thing...... most electricity (to be used directly or stored in batteries) generated today comes from the burning of fossil fuel. I do agree that our current form of transportation is unsustainable. Once we use up all the fuel (which we will one day, there's only so much on this planet), it is back to the horse and carriages for us! A true alternative form of energy will have to be found one day.

I applaud the men and women that work on the varies UN programs. They truly have a heart of gold and want to make the world a better place. But the corruption at the top level of UN is despicable and need to be dealt with before these programs can work effectively.

daraknor, are we getting off topic? just a tad?