Chimera - Trending EA - based on Phoenix. - page 2

Chimera 5.7.2 and 6

Daraknor, this is great news. Your gf has a right to be angry. Please don't overdo the coding, the bars (not the ones that serve alcohol) will still be there tomorrow.

I will try the the new Chimera 6 ASAP. If the TS problem has been fixed in Chimera 6, then I suppose we can leave 5.7.2 behind, although 5.7.2 may still make for a good test bed (i.e., after new signals have been incorporated). I do not wish to draw people into forward testing a system that is not already fairly stable, as I feel this would waste precious time. What do you suggest PContour? Is the TS fix a "two pipe problem," as Sherlock would say?

Question: I would like to test individual signals and add new ones to the mix gradually. Is it better to make a different EA for each mix of signals used, or can one simply turn signals on and off (with true/false) in the same EA and obtain the same effect? I suppose that ConsecSignals has to be adjusted when doing the latter???

I am ready for testing Chimera (btw great name) on demo FXDD account.

Please let me know which version you would like me to test.

Chimera testing

I have no objection to anyone testing Chimera. It's really your decision as to what to test. Please note the following:

1. No preferred values of signals have been determined with confidence

2. At least one of the signals may still be countertrending in the version posted, hence at loggerheads with the rest.

3. Trailing Stop may not work properly in the version posted.

In my view, it would be prudent to wait until some or all of these issues have been resolved. Alternatively, do backtesting or demo account testing in order to determine the effect of these issues, but do not expect "perfection" at this juncture.

Working like mads guys !!!!!

Hope you will succeed...

Bert

Backtesting P6Chimera

Backtesting of the P6Chimera does not produce any trades so far. Could it be due to Signal 3, which requires RSI to be > or < Volatility Band? Or have I inadvertently done something wrong?

You can set the number of signals required to trade. It worked when I set the number to 1, out of 5 signals. That implies 4 signals aren't working or something. :/ If people can go through with signalsRequired=2 and enable the signals 2 at a time, that will tell us which ones are working :/

If you enable Debug, logs will be written with the signal data now.

Files:

Chimera 5.7.2 on life support

As I was coming up empty handed trying to run P6Chimera, I decided to try to port the EASY signals from P6Chimera to 5.7.2, and now I find myself in a quagmire. PContour, would you like to look at it, or shall we just let it die? P6 is so different from 5.7.2!!

Error messages in P6Chimera

Still not able to do trades with P6Chimera. Here are the messages that appear in the journal.

P6 Chimera GBPUSD,M15: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only

TestGenerator: invalid file for 'GBPUSD15'

Any suggestions?

autumnleaves:
Still not able to do trades with P6Chimera. Here are the messages that appear in the journal.

P6 Chimera GBPUSD,M15: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only

TestGenerator: invalid file for 'GBPUSD15'

Any suggestions?

Only USDCHF is currently supported in the code, see line 42

extern string U_Trade_CURRENCY = "USDCHF";

Error log

Installed P6Chimera on one demo and one backtest instance of MT4, all signals and filters set to true. Seems to load OK on the demo account, but when I run a backtest on USDCHF I have this log item:

P6 Chimera USDCHF,M15: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only