Money Management - page 14

I'm finding money management model. Please help me

I've developed a trading system that guarantee 50% win with TP=15,SL=15 . If it combine with a proper MM it would be a profitable system.

Please suggest me some great money management model

Thank you.

how to Adjust lot size for money mgmt???

Hi Friends

I was reading the money mgmt thread and came across a suggestion by one of the member that one can control the lot size (Pip value) according to your risk management. I was just wondering how to accomplish that fete in MT4.

Lot Sizing

khalchian :

I will attempt to attach a PDF. Lot of reading. It's based on Van Tharp Theory.

It came from Linuxser's website.

Hope this helps. PDF is copyrighted.

Files:

Kelly ratio money management

Hi all,

I have been testing some interesting kelly variations, basically I have two variables that I'm using, the normal kelly position sizing and then short term win factor, for example last ten orders for the same type (short/long).

What I use is kelly*short_term_win_ratio (with some risk limits) and I'm going to experiment with "short term kelly" next.

At least my tests show that even the simple short term win ratio sizing gives a real edge with position sizing, it basically smooths whipsaws because the market itself tells when it's a good idea to trade long and/or short or when the both are not favourable.

I think this mostly applies to medium term trend following style techniques but I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tested anything similar.

If you have an 'edge' Kelly MM seems to do great - unfortunately, despite the equity curve below, (with Kelly MM turned on) once it hits 'real' pricedata, (not hard to spot!) the phantom-edge vanishes and no type of MM will make a loser profitable. At least, that's my experience...

Pity, it had me convinced I was onto something big for a while

Files:

omelette:
If you have an 'edge' Kelly MM seems to do great - unfortunately, despite the equity curve below, (with Kelly MM turned on) once it hits 'real' pricedata, (not hard to spot!) the phantom-edge vanishes and no type of MM will make a loser profitable. At least, that's my experience... Pity, it had me convinced I was onto something big for a while

Kelly is just a method to get optimal results from your trading algorithm, nothing more.

What I was talking was an adaptive method of using kelly to get better results than plain risk position sizing but too bad that now this whole issue will bury under page X of some gigantic thread and nobody will ever read about this.

By the way looking at your curve, you are NOT using kelly at least right.

mikkom:
Kelly is just a method to get optimal results from your trading algorithm, nothing more.

What I was talking was an adaptive method of using kelly to get better results than plain risk position sizing but too bad that now this whole issue will bury under page X of some gigantic thread and nobody will ever read about this.

By the way looking at your curve, you are NOT using kelly at least right.

I am, but it's too profitable initially so you only see it in the bit where the lotsize turns up - after that, lotsizing then goes on the kaputz 'cos WHC imposes a 20 lot limit thereafter! Still, despite unrealistic results like these, many people continue to trust this data...

Of course, irrespective of whose to 'blame', in the end you're right I suppose...

EDIT - Oh yeah, forgot that there's also a 'double-lots-during-off_peak_hours' switch turned on as well - so granted, not Kelly-MM...

who have MQ4 version for this LotCalculator?thanks

Files:
lot.jpg  13 kb

Nice,

But it doesn't show the risk percent in decimal size. It alwais rounds off by excess.

Is it possible to change it in this way, and select the size of character too ?

Thanks

Is this possible to code?

Is it possible to code a Money Management advisor that when you manually buy/sell it will open say 4 identical trades? Having read and read many tyopes of money management on forex-tsd...i still find myself on the 5lot mm from ozfx. Is this type of advisor too much to ask for or can someone help me make it a reality?