Solo! and insisting to be that way... - page 7

Trader83:
Thanks a lot Avalonish and davidke20! Btw, do you use these settings MM=True, TP=200, TS=35, F-MA=80, S-MA-120, Signal=25, MA-Period=250?

On H4 and D1 TF GBPUSD, I keep default settings since they apear to be most optimum for the setup.. As for the above settings, I came across them while I was testing on lower TFs..

Please feel free to change the settings as you like while testing different TFs - but don't forget to share the better settings when you find them

Sincerely,

On H4 and D1 TF GBPUSD, I keep default settings since they apear to be most optimum for the setup.. As for the above settings, I came across them while I was testing on lower TFs..

Please feel free to change the settings as you like while testing different TFs - but don't forget to share the better settings when you find them

Sincerely,

Of course I will share if I find smth! Thanks a lot for help!

@Avalonish - busy week with this EA and Mods

Going to start a full forward test this week on Sunday. What EA (Final) have we settled on? HighOctane?

Here are my settings for next week. Not sure what to do with the last two options;

MoneyManagement=1

RiskFactor=1

Slippage=3.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

Profit=23.00000000

Stop=43.00000000

TrailingStop=16.00000000

UseRSIFilter=1

F_ma=28

S_ma=62

Signal=18

MACDOpenLevel=3.00000000

MACDCloseLevel=2.00000000

MATrendPeriod=13.00000000

MAMode=0=sma, 1=ema, 2=smma, 3=lwma

MA_Mode=0

MAPrice=0=close, 1=open, 2=high, 3=low, 4=median, 5=typical, 6=weightedclose

MA_Price=0

Yes, lots of testing

Can you tell me how these effect things?

MA_Mode=0

MA_Price=0

Thanks

matrixebiz:
@Avalonish - busy week with this EA and Mods

Going to start a full forward test this week on Sunday. What EA (Final) have we settled on? HighOctane?

Here are my settings for next week. Not sure what to do with the last two options;

MoneyManagement=1

RiskFactor=1

Slippage=3.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

Profit=23.00000000

Stop=43.00000000

TrailingStop=16.00000000

UseRSIFilter=1

F_ma=28

S_ma=62

Signal=18

MACDOpenLevel=3.00000000

MACDCloseLevel=2.00000000

MATrendPeriod=13.00000000

MA_Mode=0

MA_Price=0

High Matrix! I'm glad you posted those settings! I'll test them soon.

I'm using 1.5 with default settings on several pairs. The only setting I change is the take profit. For example, the attached statement pertains Solo's first profitable trade closed today! I loaded it on SilverUSD and it hit a home run Cool ha?

Still, I guess we need to check out its performance for at least a month or two...

Sincerely,

Files:
solo_t1.jpg  138 kb

matrixebiz:
Yes, lots of testing

Can you tell me how these effect things?

MA_Mode=0

MA_Price=0

Thanks

Ma_Mode is the different methods to calculate the Moving average.. Simple moving average, Exponential moving average, Smoothed moving average, Linear weighted moving average..

Ma_Price is the applied price constants.. or which stage of the candle will be considered in the clculation? Close, Open, High, Low, median, typical, or weighted? The first four options are derived from actual price. The last three are claculated automatically by the system since they involve a formula..

There is a small degree of effect for each one of those options on the EA. However, sometimes that small degree can mean the difference between a good trade and a bad trade - since the EA relies on this input to confirm the sell/buy signals..

I hope I didn't make things more complicated

Have anyone tried to use Solo on other pairs?

What happened?

So what happened to this thread and more importantly what were the results of testing the Solo 1.5 EA over the long term please?

XXXXit!:
So what happened to this thread and more importantly what were the results of testing the Solo 1.5 EA over the long term please?

I am not sure about the rest. I have not tested this EA even I did part of the coding. However, to remind you this is how forum works. A thread started hot when somebody posted a piece of backtest. Within the beginning few days, a few version came up with different combination of parameter. After awhile, people saw the forward testing on demo wasn't fascinating and stopped posting. Thread got dropped out of the main page. After a few weeks, nobody will remember there is once Solo were introduced, until somebody like you come across and start to ask where is the updates. Sad, but true.

Regards,

David