Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 97

New System In The Making

Hi

I would like to inform that I am working on a new system that looks very promising,SIMBA5

It works on the same concept as previous one,with an enormous improvement in the fine tuning of the trend filter,and MTFing of the entry and exit oscillators

The system can give exceptional returns on 1 year basis,with very low drawdown and extremely high % of winning trades..see first pic for 1 year,54 trades

Its drawback,is that on multiyear basis,6 years,even if it is profitable,and has a very high % of winning trades,suffers very big drawdowns..and this is the problem I am actually trying to solve..the transition phase from trend to new trend..see second pic for 6+years,several hundreds of trades

Will keep you updated,once the problem is solved

I would like to thank Malcik for his help in codeveloping the system ,testing,modifying and changing all my suggestions,investing literallly hundreds of hours on it

Regards

wish you all the best my friend..few tweaks on the 6 years and i smell a holy grail(almost cuz there is no such thing )

New system

cementman:
wish you all the best my friend..few tweaks on the 6 years and i smell a holy grail(almost cuz there is no such thing )

Hi cementman,

Thanks my friend for your kind comments,as you point out , there are no Holy Grails...but it is posible to obtain exceptional systems with excellent returns,IF you nail the trendfilter and mtf the entry/exit indicators..the not final system I talked about 2 posts ago has a %w between 83% and 91% for the intrend periods and 69%w for the total of 475 trades..if you randomly select tp and parameters combinations,you can have anything from 134 trades to 1002 trades for the full period..and the 1002 trades has an 88%w

This is obviously an effect of mtfing the entry/exit indicators,though the important thing is the net effect on total profit and profit factor,and here is where the trend filter still is not working as desired

Will kep you informed

Regards

hi

hi simba keep up good work. Im searching similar these days. all the best looking forward for this "grail"......

Grail

lodol2:
hi simba keep up good work. Im searching similar these days. all the best looking forward for this "grail"......

Hi Angel,

There are no Grails but we can approach them.

Markets are chaotic,this means there are pockets of predictability..and ,if you nail them,your percentages soar,so,the trick starts by recognizing that the markets are predictable ONLY IN CERTAIN CIRCUNSTANCES,avoid trying to predict them when they are not in the mood( )..just focus on finding the windows of predictability and going at them at full throttle

Good Luck and enjoy the trip

Regards

hi,simba

you got a new system based simba5 ?

could you pls show me the detail?

Simba,

In 5-6 months here, I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

I'm glad I came across it now. I've read the first few pages and am intrigued!

Just wanted to say, "Thanks" for posting...looks like I will be busy this weekend doing some reading.

Thread

Brunite:
Simba,

In 5-6 months here, I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

I'm glad I came across it now. I've read the first few pages and am intrigued!

Just wanted to say, "Thanks" for posting...looks like I will be busy this weekend doing some reading.

Hi Brunite,

Thanks for your kind comments

The thread is interesting AND long,so,feel free to skip posts and speed read it,you will profit from it the same

Basically there are 3 parts,first is intro and handling of expectatives,second is system itself,with examples and third,with the cooperation of several people of this Forum,is the creation of an EA ,not to trade,though you can use it(demo please),it works,but to test the concepts and limits of the system

The basic system is the typical 35/40% winning trades with 5 to 1 avW vs avL that is boring as hell,makes good money on trends,and losses on non trends..with a net positive result

The new system is totally different,it is like having a personal ATM during a trend..BUT it losses a lot during trend changes..the end result is positive,but too dangerous to trade as it is,so,I am working on it..and enjoying the work

Regards

Nice system, really would like the indicators, 'change like the wind' and 'flow like the water' as they appear in the first post.

Thx

Dave

hi dear simba,

thanks for you and your team's great work. after testing the ea, i found a problem in the lots size calculation, when maximumrisk was set, sell order will allway opened in mini lots. in lots size calculation both buy and sell order used same coding:

if(MaximumRisk!=0)LotSize=NormalizeDouble((AccountFreeMargin()*MaximumRisk*0.01)/(((Ask-(Chandelier_Up-Point))/Point)*10),1);

wolud you mind to check it?

sorry for my poor english, hope you can understand me.