Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 91

alpha12:
iam using Simbasystem 1.3 fixed one but seem to be no trade/order eversince i was put the ea on the chart :/ , i have put satl indicator on the chart,whatelse indicator do i need put?somebody can shed me a light how to make the ea works?

Hi alpha12,

Well, I don't know how long you've been running it but 1.3.official is fine and 1.3.official.atrtp.fixed was released as late as yesterday (Tuesday), with last valid signal occuring on Monday (a loser). Therefore there's no surprise it hasn't made any trades yet

Please do yourself a favor and read the entire thread. I know it's time consuming... but do it, you will learn a lot (and not just the rules). This also applies to your request about time filter -- we have discussed it already.

WNW:
Hello,

I have read this entire thread this afternoon with great interest and have been testing the system in real time as Simba has suggested. I have closed 3 trades so far (just today) using 30 pip T/P and am in profit.

Many thanks to Simba for the enormous amount of effort and patience he has displayed in this thread. I look forward to following it.

One question/suggestion (please forgive me if this has been previously discussed, my mind's a little blurry at this point)...

Assume a 1.5% account risk per trade (this seems to be the rule of thumb, I am relatively new at this). At the time of signal, measure the distance from price to chandelier (risk) and adjust lot size accordingly.

Simba, what is your opinion on this?

Thanks,

WNW

Hi WNW,

Your question was directed to Simba but let me answer it anyway Money management has been briefly discussed already... now we're at fine tuning the rules for 1 lot, we decided to start playing with money management when we're done with this. If you want to play with it anyway, the function you mentioned is included in the EA already, only it has some bugs so don't use it or fix it

Wnv

Hi WNW ,

You can use the MM function for this..I would suggest first that you test for the optimal settings,with the actual system official rules(ie:same settings..only changes the position size)..and I would suggest too that what you test in sample then confirm out of sample

As explained by Malcik,the next step,once we have solved the pivots,and atr(this seem solved) problems,will be to test different MM philosophies and settings.

Regards

Simba

Atr Version Tests

Hi,

1-There was an "almost " signal yesterday around 21:10 CET,long in the 1.9710 area that would have been very profitable.It is frustrating when you see these almost signals and the market takes off from there,but the system is "as it is",for the moment..we did test the wpr periods and saw that 90 was fairly consistent,we didn`t test too much on the -95,-5 settings,though I am going to test them from -99,-1 to -85,-15..for the actual oficial settings and see if we are losing something besides one good trade

2-I am going to start the tests for cable of atr version 1.3

I will test(both 1 and 2 ) and optimize"in sample" on period from January 2001 to 11/June/2004..then will apply the best found settings to "out of sample" GBPUSD from 16/June/04...if somebody wants to do the same tests,but with the periods for in and out of sample "crossed"..the better

Regards

Simba

I make small tuning Williams %R

If TF M5, Simba use 90 and for TF > M5 use 36.

This version is autoswitch.

Nice day.

Files:

frantacech:
I make small tuning Williams %R

If TF M5, Simba use 90 and for TF > M5 use 36.

This version is autoswitch.

Nice day.

Will the alert tell us what pair it is? Ot does it just say -5 sell if blue

Thanks

Peace

PeaceLover:
Will the alert tell us what pair it is? Ot does it just say -5 sell if blue

Thanks

Peace

Read first post... Simba system... if 4h trend is long and %R bellow -95 - BUY

Frantacech

frantacech:
Read first post... Simba system... if 4h trend is long and %R bellow -95 - BUY

Hi Frantacech,

I believe that Peacelover was asking you to clarify if your alert did specify the pair it was appliable to or not,for example:

CASE1:Appliable only to cable.."buy below -95"..etc

CASE 2.Appliable to all pairs.."buy below -95"..etc..no info on which pair the alert is "on" you have to "search" in your charts

CASE 3:Appliable to all pairs.."GBPUSD..buy below -95"..or.."GBPJPY..sell above -5" including info on the pair the alert is "on",so you can react inmediately to the signal..

Regards

Simba

Thank you for your responses.

Please excuse this dumb question-

I have been more interested in the manual method and have not paid as much attention to the EA posts. As I understand it, the EA is for 1M..?

How do I reconcile testing on a 1M basis with real trading from 5M?

Thanks again.

Wnw

WNW:
Thank you for your responses.

Please excuse this dumb question-

I have been more interested in the manual method and have not paid as much attention to the EA posts. As I understand it, the EA is for 1M..?NO,IT IS FOR 5M ENTRIES IN THE 4H TRENDHow do I reconcile testing on a 1M basis with real trading from 5M?YOU DON`T NEED TOThanks again.

YOU ARE WELCOME..;)

Hi WNW,

Please see above..basically Ea and manual are the same,we just use the EA to test assumptions and improve on manual..

Regards

Simba