Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 61

dear Simba,

again you reply my post so fast. i got what you mean, now i am looking into your system, and god, how can i missed out this good system. i need to work harder to compensate what i have lost. great work Simba, u are 45 now right, from the way you answer and handle things, you are a good man. thanks again.

Hi all,

I did the last backtest. The results are slightly worse -- I guess it's just a slight difference of the time period. For some strange reason I can't save them as report so I'm just providing basic ratios and resulting equity curve.

Init. deposit: $10,000

Net profit: $41,856.50

PF: 2.00

Expected payoff: 176.61

Win ratio: 35.44%

Max. DD: $3,963 (13.24% of the account at the moment; 39.63% of the initial account)

Files:
5mbest11.gif  7 kb
5mbest11.txt  181 kb

Malcik

Malcik:
Hey Simba, that's a good news. Another good news is that with your data files I now have 90% quality I tried to redo this latest backtest but it's taking too long, I want to go to sleep so I stopped it. I'll redo all of them tomorrow and if there is no major difference, I'll also post new version of the EA that will be able to test W%R settings.

As far as the contest, I don't really care. I don't know anything about contests and what they are good for; please tell me the advantages for me and for us all

Anyway, the system is Simba's, the EA is just a tool to trade it and I don't think I'm the only one capable of coding it. So if you can't name any advantage for us generally but you have one for yourself, that's fine with me too -- go ahead as long as it's fine with Simba.

See you tomorrow

Hi Malcik ,

Glad to hear you can start doing the tests with the data i sent you,thanks for wpr distances option..and hope you slept like a baby

Contest:

1-Advantages for you:they are good for your ego(if you win..self explanatory..if you lose..nothing for the ego like a reality check) and for your pocket(if your system shows consistent results with low drawdowns,it is easier to interest external investors,they come to you..)..also contests "must be"(i presume,never been in one ) fun and a challenge,and ,obviously,you will learn from the experience

2-Advantages for "all us": if a public system "of " forex-tsd wins/finish well ,

A-it will be good for the forum,since the implication is that in this forum people know what are they talking about and can create profitable systems,this will probably increase the number of members expanding the learning options for everybody.

B-It will incentivate people to read and learn about our methodology(it is a manual trading system..after all ) learning the core root of trading(trade with the trend,buy dips in uptrend,sell rallies in downtrend),and probably it will help many newbies to delay they inevitable self destruction expanding their learning processes at the same time

C-Hopefully,by reading the thread and learning from our mistakes,newbies will understand the necessity of testing their assumptions,and that EAs have a function even in manual systems trading

3-Advantages for me..same as for you,but I won`t do it alone,if i do it ,it should be fun and challenging..in addition i don`t think our EA as it is,though good for trading(it is safe and profitable) ,can stand any chance in a contest where winners usually use some kind of selfadapting trend filters(some would call it overfitting..i am starting to think that this is the way to go in the future..) with very aggressive money management(that we still haven`t started to use.. )..basically:if you are interested,if somebody else-that can help us- wants to be included in our team,AND if we have enough time to,first improve the EA,and second to devise a special contest version..I am interested..

The first thing would be to check the timing for the contest..but first..

..tell me ,tell me..yes or not

Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
Hi Malcik ,

Glad to hear you can start doing the tests with the data i sent you,thanks for wpr distances option..and hope you slept like a baby

Contest:

1-Advantages for you:they are good for your ego(if you win..self explanatory..if you lose..nothing for the ego like a reality check) and for your pocket(if your system shows consistent results with low drawdowns,it is easier to interest external investors,they come to you..)..also contests "must be"(i presume,never been in one ) fun and a challenge,and ,obviously,you will learn from the experience

2-Advantages for "all us": if a public system "of " forex-tsd wins/finish well ,

A-it will be good for the forum,since the implication is that in this forum people know what are they talking about and can create profitable systems,this will probably increase the number of members expanding the learning options for everybody.

B-It will incentivate people to read and learn about our methodology(it is a manual trading system..after all ) learning the core root of trading(trade with the trend,buy dips in uptrend,sell rallies in downtrend),and probably it will help many newbies to delay they inevitable self destruction expanding their learning processes at the same time

C-Hopefully,by reading the thread and learning from our mistakes,newbies will understand the necessity of testing their assumptions,and that EAs have a function even in manual systems trading

3-Advantages for me..same as for you,but I won`t do it alone,if i do it ,it should be fun and challenging..in addition i don`t think our EA as it is,though good for trading(it is safe and profitable) ,can stand any chance in a contest where winners usually use some kind of selfadapting trend filters(some would call it overfitting..i am starting to think that this is the way to go in the future..) with very aggressive money management(that we still haven`t started to use.. )..basically:if you are interested,if somebody else-that can help us- wants to be included in our team,AND if we have enough time to,first improve the EA,and second to devise a special contest version..I am interested..

The first thing would be to check the timing for the contest..but first..

..tell me ,tell me..yes or not

Regards

Simba

Well I got a great 5-hour sleep -- one so short that had I been doing it like that when I was a baby, I wouldn't be around today

OK, well it looks interesting; I don't want to do it alone but if we all could participate I think it could be useful... and if not, than just for fun.

It's true that SimbaSystem is a conservative one and the winners of contests are very agressive, i.e. Phoenix and others. Anyway, why not participate

Still I guess we still need to work on our tests and optimization, and also on money management. Contest would then be good for forward testing

As far as the self-adapting systems: yes, I know about that idea and how large a potential there is. Do you have some knowledge and experience about this? Don't the digital filters have a form of this coded in them? I've seen such terms in Rocket Science for Traders... am I right? Frankly, I'm having a hard time understanding the book. I thought I was a science guy, well I still think I am but not as good as I thought I understand the idea and most of what he's doing but I don't have a clue about how to use the knowledge in my own trading. Maybe John Ehlers just assumed that his readers have some previous knowledge about digital filters. Isn't there anything I should have read before reading this book?

Malcik

Malcik:
Well I got a great 5-hour sleep -- one so short that had I been doing it like that when I was a baby, I wouldn't be around today

OK, well it looks interesting; I don't want to do it alone but if we all could participate I think it could be useful... and if not, than just for fun.

It's true that SimbaSystem is a conservative one and the winners of contests are very agressive, i.e. Phoenix and others. Anyway, why not participate

Still I guess we still need to work on our tests and optimization, and also on money management. Contest would then be good for forward testing

As far as the self-adapting systems: yes, I know about that idea and how large a potential there is. Do you have some knowledge and experience about this? Don't the digital filters have a form of this coded in them? I've seen such terms in Rocket Science for Traders... am I right? Frankly, I'm having a hard time understanding the book. I thought I was a science guy, well I still think I am but not as good as I thought I understand the idea and most of what he's doing but I don't have a clue about how to use the knowledge in my own trading. Maybe John Ehlers just assumed that his readers have some previous knowledge about digital filters. Isn't there anything I should have read before reading this book?

Hi Malcik,

Well,5 hours sleep gives you more time for real life,so you should be grateful for it..

Ok,let`s check the dates for the contest,etc,etc

Ehlers book..well,you could try with the summer edition of Penthouse..it will put you off the digital filters mode but i am sure you will understand it much better ..jokes aside,just get the concepts,he already did the math for you..and,if you can,go visit Damiani site,this guy has a fantastic understanding about applying ehlers indicators to trading..in addition,there is a ehlers indicators thread in "indicators" in this forum..there are many ehlers indicators posted there,most by bluto..this should be enough to get you busy until your next 5 hours baby sleep..or Penthouse reading

Self adaptive:yes,most digital filters self adapt,what is different for the contest versions i referred to is that they optimize the settings every2 /4 weeks..basically,if the old settings still work,they leave them,if they start decreasing performance,they substitute for new ones..

Money management :next step should be to start thinking about it and include it in the EA..if you want,do a search in the internet for "fixed ratio" money management,IMHO this is one of the strategies we should try to test,once we have a nice system,this kind of mm can improve the results spectacularly,and,it can also improve the total results for high%pft variations(like tp 35 pips,etc)making them very very workable..

I leave you,cable is starting to be where i want it...and i have to trade

Regards

Simba

Hello, Simba and all team!

During sleepeng time my computer did optimization for my data stream. For 5 hours was 150 passes.I Could not get 44k, best result - 20k.I feel little envie to you,guy's, because seems like my data provider don't want for me to use SimbaSystem . Any way, I will do more optimization on weekend.

By the way, I red Hurst "Profit Magic", half book for the day.Thank you,Simba, for such nice recomendation.

Question:

Do you consider GBP/USD as the best pair for cycle analysis, or there some other cyclycally consistent pair's?

Best regards.

Lucky you to live in warm climate, we have today -20 Celsium outside.

Pupsik

pupsik:
During sleepeng time my computer did optimization for my data stream. For 5 hours was 150 passes.I Could not get 44k, best result - 20k.I feel little envie to you,guy's, because seems like my data provider don't want for me to use SimbaSystem . Any way, I will do more optimization on weekend.

By the way, I red Hurst "Profit Magic", half book for the day.Thank you,Simba, for such nice recomendation.

Question:

Do you consider GBP/USD as the best pair for cycle analysis, or there some other cyclycally consistent pair's?

Best regards.

Lucky you to live in warm climate, we have today -20 Celsium outside.

Hi Pupsik,

Thanks for the optimization job,what are the optimal settings according to your computer?

ALL Majors,liquid pairs are suitable for cyclic analysis..you have to take into account the carry trade negative/positive interest(the swap) when doing them in the "wrong" direction..

Where I live is usually cold in winter(-2 to -8 celsius day/night temperatures),

though compared with yours,it looks like warm weather....;)

Regards

Simba

Hi all,

Please check the attachment for version 1.2 of the EA. It's got fixed risk money management feature in it (e.g. MaximumRisk=3 means that you risk 3% of the account each trade; MaximumRisk=0 means that you trade 1 lot every time).

Second, you can set and therefore optimize W%R period.

My testing of the Chandelier distances and TP issue is now under way -- till it gets done you can start playing with W%R. Simba already wrote on that issue, for inspiration check post #510. As far as money management, I don't have a clue where to start. It would be good to find a methodology of optimizing that would give us the best setup not in terms of profit and drawdown but in terms of statistically predicting whether the next trade is going to be a winner or loser (and thus increasing or decreasing number of lots being traded).

Simba,

Thanks for your information. It gave me courage to continue reading the book. Hope everything will become clear some day I know about the threads (by newdigital, too) on this forum and about Damiani website but everything is just complete indicators (great ones though) and a couple of basic info by newdigital -- no more explanations. Basically the only thing I know about digital filters is that the values of underlying indicators are multiplied by certain numbers to make them more fast-responsive and self-adapting. That's about it... well, as I said, I'll keep trying

Files:

Hi,Malcik!

Great job,Malcik! Thank you!

With WPR optimization I am getting close to Simba's 44 000$ with my data stream.

So far I could get 37335.68 $ in 2,5 years wth this setting:

WPR_Period=78 MA_Type=1 JMA_HMA_Period=13 JMA_Phase=0 ChandDist_Min=9 ChandDist_Max=180 TPPips=330 MaximumRisk=0

Still I do optimization, will post later on best result.

Best regards!