Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 75

ze0202:
Thanks John. Now I got it... Can anyone code it in order to reverse the remaining orders in the middle of the cycle, but only when the 4H trend changes...?? I think this way would be better, because it would give enough room for the EA in 1H chart... and when a strong counter trend occours (detectable in the 4h chart) the latest position would follow the new trend and cover all the others... just an idea I'd love to try

This is being directly addressed in the upcoming new version.

Goblin Options

Closed off all pairs except USDCHF during Friday as they either became profitable or came close.

Will have to rethink my settings for Goblin Options and perhaps go back to default for next week, if we divide the results by 10 to get parity with the other detailed statements the results leave room for improvement.

I have gone back over all Tross's posts on DumbHedge / Options, copied them to a word document and will try to improve settings for next week.

John

Files:

bluto:
I can't help you until you stop calling me "pluto"

I do indeed apologize. It must be my AAADD (Age Activated Attention Deficient Disorder) illness that I've had for several years. It doesn't let me concentrate long enough in order to stop making these type of mistakes.

Sorry,

Wackena

Wackena:
I do indeed apologize. It must be my AAADD (Age Activated Attention Deficient Disorder) illness that I've had for several years. It doesn't let me concentrate long enough in order to stop making these type of mistakes.

Sorry,

Wackena

I'm just messin with you, buddy. At least you didn't call me "dumbo"! I'll look at that EquityProtection to see how it can be made more bulletproof.

Hi Dumbo !!!!!!

LOL !

bluto:
I can't help you until you stop calling me "pluto"

(ROFL)

thats so funny

Cijas:
LOL !

...and the EA Nazi sayz....."NO EA FOR YOU.....COME BACK MAYBE 2 WEEK!!!....."

Goblin Fibo 1.2

This is Goblin Fibo 1.2 with FiboProgression=0 and settings suggested by yeoeleven.

Timeframe H1, IBFX

GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

Goblin tests part 4 (from page 60, #600)

Continuation of my previous tests.

Today: yeoeleven-down default-up.

Timeframe H1, IBFX

GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

Stockwet's Ideas

Hi Stockwet,

Great ideas you have!

May I have two additions to ideas Nr. 1 and 2:

If you increase the pipstep (i.e. the distance the open price of actual trade and the next one) you should

(1) increase the Take Profit distance accordingly for the sake of reaching profit or

(2) increase the Lots in an appropriate ratio, that is, not only double the Lots but taking a factor calculated from the increased pipstep and multiply the doubled lots with that factor while you can leave the TP distance constant.

If you coded your ideas into an EA, you might open a new thread to discuss it since it would really be different from Goblin. I would appreciate if I had a possibility to test that further developed EA.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

stockwet:
I realize Bluto is working on a design for improving the EA. So, it's probably not helpful to throw out a few ideas, but, after reading through the thread, I'm wondering about some of the following ideas and whether they could work.

1. Wait On Bar: Right now, the EA opens new orders in a cycle of consistent pip levels. One alternate approach would be to ensure that new orders are not opened in the same bar. So, if you have a very big move, the EA would wait until the close of the bar, reevaluate the trend, then place another order in the cycle if the pip value is greater than specified in the EA's pips setting.

2. Use ATR: Another approach to spacing orders would be to use the ATR, a percentage of the ATR, or an average over x time periods of the ATR. So, if the 1h ATR(x) for GBPUSD is 40, then use that, or a fraction, to space new orders. This would then tailor the spacing for more volatile pairs.

The preceding two approaches would try to handle the issue reversals by spacing out the orders in the order cycle more appropriately for the run at large. I think this could be done successfully, but, there would still need to be a hedging feature or similar to account for a disaster case scenario.

3. Kill Orders: This introduces a bit of discretionary trading, so, it's not the best idea, but, it might be interesting to have a double value in which you can specify the price in which you kill all orders for a pair. This would allow the trader to manually determine position reversals. The max loss feature is good, but, because orders are spaced, I wouldn't want to specify a pip value, I'd want to specify a specific price.

4. Stop Orders: This feature is a boolean which would stop placing new orders. It would allow you to set this, for instance, the day before a big news announcement. It would manage existing orders, but would not place any new orders which either add to an existing order cycle or start a new order cycle.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I may code these features and play with them a bit. I like Wackena's idea, though, of not muddling the thread with code variations, so, I will not post it.

stockwet