Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 24

Wackena:
I started a 2nd FXDD Demo at 08:22 EST today with John's settings. It Made money in this AM market surge. 13 wins, no loses. My 1st Demo had exisiting orders and had 5 loses during the same period. Wackena

YES. My second demo - identical EA, TIME, but H1 Yeoeleven settings this time managing better.

bluto:
Did you find that the indicators responded quickly and correctly?

Zero Lag Stochs

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/162/zerolagstochs.mq4

When I trade, I ONLY TRADE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE 34 EMA.?

Files:
lsma.mq4  4 kb
woodies_cci.zip  21 kb

goldensight:
Is anyone watching gbp/usd at the moment. It is at 1.9670 right now, the last higher high was on Sept. 6, 1992 when cable was at 2.0110

I'm watching this pair the whole day It cost's me a nice drawdown

bluto:
Did you find that the indicators responded quickly and correctly?

For GBPUSD pair I'm afraid not. I'm curious what happend with goblin by other users.

I've drawn some different thoughts and conclusions after looking at the market action this morning. Tell me what you think:

The way the 10Point3 engine works, if you have say 3 or 4 trades open out of a larger Maxtrades value, when the news hits and you get these fast bars in the opposite direction such as with USDCHF today, the sequence will continue to exhaust itself. This can really pile on the drawdown. As an alternate worth investigating.......

- Analyze each pair and determine the average swing cycle. As an example, EURUSD is typically about 30 pips per swing. Look at a Zig-Zag pattern.

- Take the average swing cycle, adjusted for spread, slippage, etc. and divide it into say 2 or 3 trade sequences (Maxtrades) at the most. This will permit the current trade-cycle to exhaust itself when fast bars strike.

- Use a larger starting lot size so there's more potential profit per trade.

- On a normal ranging day or slight trend, the EA will just chug along and produce mild profits and/or losses in quick repetitive cycles. The profits should outweigh the losses if the indicators do their job. The idea is to keep the cycles short so they can be quickly exited when the market suddenly turns in another direction.

- The indicators should quickly get you going in the right direction on these wicked reversal days and allow you to pick up a chunk of the action.

Food for thought.

bluto:
Something doesn't seem right. Can you post your statement and settings?

What are you thinking is wrong?

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to get a statement.

What are John's settings?

matrixebiz:
What are you thinking is wrong?

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to get a statement.

What are John's settings?

Really hard to say without seeing your settings & statement.

goldensight:
Bluto, Synchronistically I too have been pondering all morning about having several trading sequences divided up. My angle was to include TIME rather than focus exclusively on Price. However your idea of swings is a very good idea. My Time idea is essentially about having the first sequence of Max trades (4 trades max per sequence with 3 sequences) operate in the way Goblin currently is but the second sequence would wait until the next day and only then allow the second sequence of trades to open; then if price continues to go against our position the third sequence of 4 trades is allowed to open after an Additional day of trading/3rd day. This way we are waiting and using the Time factor to see if Price is going to go thru the roof. The caveat is that the third sequence does not have excessively large positions ie. martingale style in order to try and make up for our losses and potentially create large drawdown instead the positions remain about half of what a martingale would open up, my angle with this is that we should focus on Reducing or Counterbalancing our losing postions rather than attempting to use martingale and get back all of our losses. This approach is focused more on the Preservation of capitol. I think we need to change our mindset more to managing the trades ie. I think the technical trading aspect of Goblin is good, but thinking about how to creatively deal with losses should be focused on a bit more than what it currently is in my opinion. I'm not sure that my idea will work but my main point in posting it was to encourage some brainstorming about how to preserve capitol BECAUSE we might remember that it is not that difficult to make money what is difficult is KEEPING it. My two cents.

Yes, exactly! I'm confident in the abilities of the indicators to manage keeping the trades going in the correct direction. I think the key going forward is timing, tuning the settings and capital preservation/risk control. As it is in the 10Point3 engine, the Maxtrades and Pips settings drive the duration of the cycle and the sequence is going to run it's course no matter what the market is doing. This to me is the single point of failure. We need to get creative in coming up with a strategy to kill the current cycle, take our licks and get on the other train with a new cycle when the market circumstances dictate that the profits have taken a different route. We need to also keep the cycles short, repetitive and manageable.

Bluto, Synchronistically I too have been pondering all morning about having several trading sequences divided up. My angle was to include TIME rather than focus exclusively on Price. However your idea of swings is a very good idea. My Time idea is essentially about having the first sequence of Max trades (4 trades max per sequence with 3 sequences) operate in the way Goblin currently is but the second sequence would wait until the next day and only then allow the second sequence of trades to open; then if price continues to go against our position the third sequence of 4 trades is allowed to open after an Additional day of trading/3rd day. Each successive sequence would allow postions to open at the London open. This way we are waiting and using the Time factor to see if Price is going to go thru the roof. The caveat is that the third sequence does not have excessively large positions ie. martingale style in order to try and make up for our losses and potentially create large drawdown instead the positions remain about half of what a martingale would open up, my angle with this is that we should focus on Reducing or Counterbalancing our losing postions rather than attempting to use martingale and get back all of our losses. This approach is focused more on the Preservation of capitol. I think we need to change our mindset more to managing the trades ie. I think the technical trading aspect of Goblin is good, but thinking about how to creatively deal with losses should be focused on a bit more than what it currently is in my opinion. I'm not sure that my idea will work but my main point in posting it was to encourage some brainstorming about how to preserve capitol BECAUSE we might remember that it is not that difficult to make money what is difficult is KEEPING it. My two cents.

bluto:
I've drawn some different thoughts and conclusions after looking at the market action this morning. Tell me what you think:

The way the 10Point3 engine works, if you have say 3 or 4 trades open out of a larger Maxtrades value, when the news hits and you get these fast bars in the opposite direction such as with USDCHF today, the sequence will continue to exhaust itself. This can really pile on the drawdown. As an alternate worth investigating.......

- Analyze each pair and determine the average swing cycle. As an example, EURUSD is typically about 30 pips per swing. Look at a Zig-Zag pattern.

- Take the average swing cycle, adjusted for spread, slippage, etc. and divide it into say 2 or 3 trade sequences (Maxtrades) at the most. This will permit the current trade-cycle to exhaust itself when fast bars strike.

- Use a larger starting lot size so there's more potential profit per trade.

- On a normal ranging day or slight trend, the EA will just chug along and produce mild profits and/or losses in quick repetitive cycles. The profits should outweigh the losses if the indicators do their job. The idea is to keep the cycles short so they can be quickly exited when the market suddenly turns in another direction.

- The indicators should quickly get you going in the right direction on these wicked reversal days and allow you to pick up a chunk of the action.

Food for thought.

Here are charts showing what happened in the Dollar spanking this AM. Depending on your point of view, either gbpusd recovered wrong and the other 3 recovered correctly. Or, gbpusd was correct and other 3 wrong.

Wackena