Live Testing reports - page 69

wujun122:
Phoenix long GBPUSD 1.9683 at 2007.04.01 23:15. Unfortunately,I made a mistake:closing them because in my opinion GBPUSD will down.I miss at least 88 pips now(2007.04.2 12:30).

I was nervous just like you. I am using 5.7.0 live and after I saw it go down at the beginning, I did manually introduce a TS of 18 pips before going to bed. It was to small, it reversed 19 pips before it raced up over the initial TP.

Phoenix 5.7.0 is sometime giving some DD but it is overall positive on GBP/USD for a very long time now !

Phoenix long GBPUSD 1.9683 at 2007.04.01 23:15 GMT. Unfortunately,I made a mistake:closing them because in my opinion GBPUSD will down.I missed 198 pips (first TP 1.9771,second TP 1.9793). It tell me that I should believe Phoenix because it did well in the past and not close trades by meself because it will miss some profit.

BTW,Daraknor,Could you post the tpl file with the indicators of Phoenix.The reason is that I am not very understand how does Phoenix work,so I feel nervous when Phoenix againsts my mind.I think a lot people like me when they use Phoenix in live accounts.

Did some people have results (short no statement) of the new version of P6 ?

bertbin:
Did some people have results (short no statement) of the new version of P6 ?

I had some trades of P6 simple beta2.

Files:
snap1_1.jpg  20 kb

I too have trades on beta2. 4 trades so far, 2 hit TP, 1 hit SL, 1 still open. Will post results later this week.

Hu ?! No more results ?

Good start this week

Good start this week, Phoenix 5.7.0 gain 6.9% in 2 days in my live account I trade only GBP/USD and touch it some time...

Up 18.37% for 8.6 weeks...

With the new features comming in P6, we will have better trade management with multiple exit strategies. After we master those settings, Pheonix will be very reliable !

Good work all of you and thank you !

Quiet week....

Sorry for not postng last weeks results. I didn't have any stand alone Phoenix results (mixed with other trading). This week running P6-Simple 1 on FXDD & IBFX. No trades so far on FXDD, 3 on IBFX (1 SL, 1-TP and 1 open @-27). I switched day jobs and have a new schedule. Its crowding my trading time . Had to play some reading catchup on Phoenix.

Dion

Something I find interesting about manually closing trades in Phoenix (or trades in general).... if the trades are in profit, I've always managed to close the trades when the profit is at the lowest, and of course the trades gain more profit as soon as I close them. If the trades are in losses, I've always managed to close the trades when the loses are at the heaviest. It's like the market knows what I'm trying to do and does the exact opposite of what I'm trying to avoid

hhsmoney:
Something I find interesting about manually closing trades in Phoenix (or trades in general).... if the trades are in profit, I've always managed to close the trades when the profit is at the lowest, and of course the trades gain more profit as soon as I close them. If the trades are in losses, I've always managed to close the trades when the loses are at the heaviest. It's like the market knows what I'm trying to do and does the exact opposite of what I'm trying to avoid

That is why I want my trading to be automated... eventually it will be better than I can be, because I'm an emotional trader. I get nervous on big wins and big gains even on demo, I think of it as a game too much that I win or loose, etc. I know I should be an EA trader only

Conversely, I learn strategies by trading them, and I prefer manual trading a strategy before writing an EA for it. Sometimes I can figure out how to code parts of my 'intuition'.