Live Testing reports - page 58

Same story here..... week started out rough with trades carried over from previous week, then Phoenix made some gains, and now the bottom fell out, heavy losses

Roller Coaster!

Home work of the week

1 Timeframe: 15min

2 Broker: FXDD

3 Settings file: Defaults. exc EUR/JPY(Bertbin's initial/AZBO's enhanced setttings)

4 Account: Live-min

5 Version: 5.7.0 full auto-manually close some trades in ~40 pip profit area.

6 Phoenix mode: 3

Comments:Again GBP was good. EUR/JPY came in second. $/CHF & $/JPY losers. $/JPY has been my biggest loser to date-thinking about dropping it for the next cpl of weeks-we'll see. Also, seems like my 1st day of the week JPY trades (sometimes CHF too) start off bad. I've been experimenting with not allowing live trading on $/JPY at first day of the week...until about an hour before London open. Seems to work better, but hasn't run long enough to tell for sure. Finished week off with a stupid, stupid losing manual trade. Account went down 50% by EOB Monday, Phoenix managed to get all that back, plus some, got hammered on the NFP (margin call) then decided to buy EUR/USD on the re-trace, got stopped out for a $220. loss. Still ended up ~ $200. up from Mondays losses.

2 Broker: IBFX

3 Settings file: Defaults. EUR/JPY(Bertbin's initial/AZBO's enhanced setttings)

4 Account: Live-micro

5 Version: 5.7.0 full auto-manually close some trades in ~40 pip profit area.

6 Phoenix mode: 3

Comments:$/JPY& EUR/JPY losers

Files:
fxdd-wk10.htm  136 kb
ibfx-wk10.htm  118 kb

autumnleaves:
Actually in my last post the EASY buy would have been entered on the third bar after the PHoenix sell, but still in time to catch the wave and make a profit rather than post major losses. EASY would have entered a second buy close on the heels of the first, so it could have scooped a double profit.

I consider news events to be outside the scope of Phoenix indicators. If Phoenix indicators could predict news events, we would be in a much different situation. I think this is a case where trending system gambled right on a news event, and counter trending didn't.

hhsmoney:
Same story here..... week started out rough with trades carried over from previous week, then Phoenix made some gains, and now the bottom fell out, heavy losses

well my settings are at 9 consecutive wins, no losses, one open trade in the positive for GBPUSD. +378 posted pips for the week and the week isn't quite done yet.

2 Broker: FXDD

3 Settings file: Defaults

4 Account: Demo

5 Version: 5.7.0 (full auto)

6 Phoenix mode: 1

7 Cur: usdjpy, usdchf, eurjpy, gbpusd

Files:

Three weeks,02/18/2007--03/09/2007,I didn't open 24 hours.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

#8 Results : 1431 pips! Floating: -140

congrats wujun!! and thank you so much for including an optimized settings file!

autumnleaves:
Gains of last 2 days (up 10% on 3 accounts running Phoenix in mode 3 with defaults) wiped out. Now down a couple of percent and falling. PContour, what about those magic settings for Trailing Stop??

The trailing stop kicks in only once you are 1 pip in the profit. Otherwise you are open to the full downside. The trailing stop shows it's face in the modify on your buy or sell once you are in the profit. If you don't want to be open to as great of a loss, then you have to change the SL itself. At that point you defeating the typical scheme, where Phoenix is allowed to go as much as twice as far into a loosing position as it is in the profit direction. I actually coded a version where I set the SL to be the same as the TS. That version didn't improve the profits, it cut them. I moved ahead with the current version, which still allows a user to set the SL to whatever they want.

The trailing stop takes the lid off the TP but doesn't stop the thing from hitting the SL.

Send me your journal file and I'll examine and explain it, if it doesn't make sense or you think there are some problems.

It's not magic, it may work in some currencies and not in others.

You should optimize the trailing stop and decrease factor. It is important to test any changes yourself before you live trade with new code. You already know that I'm sure, but it's good to be on the same page. I am not ready for live testing yet. I haven't been at this long enough.

I arbitrarily recommend 901010 for the decrease factor. Since it is a single field of such a large size optimization is really not possible unless you split it in 3 yourself. What it means is, if you get one loss in the last 3 trades no big deal, trade 90%. If you get two or three losses in the last three trades you trade 10%. As Phoenix pulls out of a tail spin you will get back to 90%, and then 100% when you have no losses in the previous 3 trades.

-------------------------

I am interested in a system that goes with the trend rather that counter trend like Phoenix. Hendrik himself was talking about making his next system that way. In a trending system you would never set such a large downside SL compared to your upside TP. I can't argue with the success of Phoenix, and I hope to be ready to use it at some point in the future.

It would not be hard to rearrange the some of the Phoenix signals so they say, buy instead of sell, then you would need to re-optimize and test to see if it can actually do better than Phoenix.

daraknor:
congrats wujun!! and thank you so much for including an optimized settings file!

You are welcome! The result is based on your effort!I hope that I can see Phoenix 6 soon!

Report on remainder of profit

wujun122:
Three weeks,02/18/2007--03/09/2007,I didn't open 24 hours.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

#8 Results : 1431 pips! Floating: -140

Would appreciate seeing the rest of the Report that comprises $1431 or PIPs. It appears you started with a 50K Demo Acct & now the balance is 51,431 so the Report I see posted seems to be incomplete. Question: Since the Report shown has a dead loss of $657 on the GBPUSD, why not eliminate it from trading? Thanks, Les

leshammondpsf@yahoo.com