XP Moving Average! - page 31

codersguru:
Hi There!

Version 8 is out there!

• Added: Moving Average type 10 SALT.
  • Added: TimeFrame parameter for multi time framing working. The default value is 0 which means the current time frame!

Hello Guru....

XPMa is heavy loaded with so many things !!!

Is it possible to add 1 more ......

It is choosing currency pair on choice, i.e. in Eur/Usd chart want to have the XPMa of USD/CHF or any other currency, in main chart of separate windo is OK.

WBR / GKBBRIA

Hello,

updated version of xpMA, my mod

SMA 0 Simple moving average,

EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

DEMA 5 Double Exponential Moving Average.

TEMA 4 Triple Exponential Moving Average.

T3MA 6 T3 Moving Average.

JMA 7 Jurik Moving Average.

HMA 8 Hull Moving Average.

DECEMA 9 DECEMA Moving Average.

SATL 10 Slow Adaptive Trend Line.

FATL 11 Fast Adaptive Trend Line.

RSTL 12 Reference Slow Trend Line.

SDL 13 Slope Direction Line. / HMA_Russian.

KAMA 14 KAMA / Kaufman2 indicator.

MA_Type input parameter was changed to string from integer. You can type T3MA or 6, both are valid. If for any reason xpMA doesn't recognize your input EMA will be used instead.

New inputs:

MA_Period2 only applies to DEMA & TEMA as 2nd period, and to KAMA as fast period.

MA_Period3 only applies to TEMA as 3rd period and KAMA as slow period.

I think codersguru swaped DEMA(3 MAs) with TEMA(2 MAs used) so I swaped them back DEMA(2 MAs), TEMA(3 MAs). If thats not right you can swap them back one more time.

Files:

Man this thing is the schiznit!!

OK, first to asmdev,

You added four new types that I have no idea about. I see you attached the SDL but are there any other files needed for these...

If so could you please post them.

Second, there is a small insignifigant error in the arrow size here....

Obj = "xpMA_up_" + DoubleToStr(count,0);

ObjectCreate(Obj,OBJ_ARROW,0,Time,price);

ObjectSet(Obj,OBJPROP_COLOR,UpArrowColor);

ObjectSet(Obj,OBJPROP_ARROWCODE,UpArrowCode);

ObjectSet(Obj,OBJPROP_WIDTH,DownArrowSize);

The last line should be UpArrowSize shouldnt it??

And lastly.

I would like either...

A) to be able to use only 2 colors making the default yellow the new direction

Maybe a use3color bool

or

B)Have the arrows print on change to yellow.

I dont think B would be possible because it wouldnt know direction.

What I am wanting to do is have the earliest possible direction change alert on a specific period I use.

Thanks again, GREAT indicator!

I already have slope direction line, the only difference I see in yours is this...

buff[x] = trend[x];

Last line of code

Can you elaborate?

An HMA of the same value is identical? Is this necessary?

Compiling xpMA15

error

Function "RFTL" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Were you putting in an RfastTL?

please take a look and let me know what you think.

I love this indicator though!

Files:
example_1.gif  16 kb
example_2.gif  16 kb
example_3.gif  23 kb
example_4.gif  22 kb

Hey everyone! I came across this thread earilier this evening and I have to say its great! Up most thanks to CodeGuru! You are the best of the best of the best....alot of people create something that works and keep it all to themselves thinking in FOREX like other things that the less who know about it the better...not so in FOREX! Wow, I am amazed at your generostiy of spirit and patience! I got XPMA and I have to say I like it alot. I am using version 4 (downloaded from http://www.xpworx.com/XP%20Moving%20Average%202.htm)

and I see immidiatly that it catches alot of trends. The only thing I can say about it that would be slightly negative is that it seems to give alot of signals. Im read the whole thread, so im sorry if I missed it, but is there a filter? I see alot of signals coming 1 hour after another in choppy markets on a 1 hour chart. But even so, its still a great indicator. I havent gotten the EA yet, but I plan to. I do have a humble contribution to make in the way of a filter, you probly dont need it though. I take signals on the close of the candle from the BBhistogram. I filter those signals with a slightly modified Parabolic-SAR. The calculation is the same, the only thing to change is the input. Instead of .o2, I use .002. I find that this gives me a good view of the larger trend, or where the 'big money' is taking the price. I then take signals in that direction.

I see that your XPMA and my P-SAR mod usually give the same trend line, one leading the other. However, I think we can eliminate some of the chop by only taking signals from the XPMA in the direction of the P-SAR. For example, sometimes the MA changes from blue to red while the P-SAR is still above the price and alot of these times the buy signal is a whipsaw or doesnt go far. Reverse for sell situation. What do you guys think?

Thanks to FOREXNEWBE, Diamond, SImba and all others who's names I cant think of right now for keeping this thread alive!

Cyclesurfer

Cyclesurfer:
please take a look and let me know what you think. I love this indicator though!

Hi Cyclesurfer,

Thanks for mentioning me in your previous post,I did not contribute to xpMA,besides posting my initial settings,-instead I am one of the beneficiaries from codersguru generosity..anyway..

Regarding what I do think about your previously posted images..hmmm...AUDUSD and NZDJPY..Why don`t you try 4H or even D1 Timeframe..My personal experience with anything named AUDXXX,NZDXXX,XXXJPY is that D1 timeframe is the most useful to "discover" the trend(the most probable explanation is that carry trades tend to increase the "usual" TF..)..so,try to use D1 for trend direction ,and 1H/4H for entry/exit management..see if it can improve your results,and if not,just disregard my counsel .

Regards

Simba

Thanks for the advice Simba! I was just pointing out that alot of this indicators apparent signals can be filtered out if you use a P-SAR set to .002, and that these filtered signals usually look to be whipsaws.

xpma ea problem

I just came across this thread and I am very impressed with the indicators.

I also want to try out your xpmaea version but I have a problem it does not open a trade for me, I think I must be doing something wrong I have it in the expert folder, I have loaded it but nothing . I would appreciate it if someone can help me.

Regards

JTH

C.E.O.:

If so could you please post them.

They are available on this forum. Please use search button. You'll find description as well.

As far as i know Kaufman2 is same as KAMA but has more parameters to tweak. Slope Dir. line is same as HMA Russian and different from HMA. Slope & HMA R are MAs that i found on my computer under different names but producing same line as soon as you match parameters. I also saw them on forum under these names.

I didn't change any coloring code so I guess thats to codersguru.

I didn't change anything that would affect signals and arrows, except added switch to hide arrows without digging the code.

RFTL - the code i got there is same as in FATL. Skip the error it is supposed to compile just fine.

SATL, FATL & RSTL are known as digital filters there is thread called Digital Filters somewhere here.

For kaufman2 indicator the setting to start with are: MA_Period=9, MA_Period2=2, MA_Period3=30

The KAMA mode slows down the MT4 and i wouldn't recommend to use it just know. The mistake is in the visible bar calculation maybe when codersguru done celebrating can fix this.