XP Moving Average! - page 12

adrazz:
I have been testing the XpMA with period set at 34 and by using a simple volume indicator. When there is plenty of volume (long green grass) then take the signal otherwise wait for the next. It seems very very acurate

I have also been using fractals for the stop loss and adjusting the sl as a new fractal appears.

Thanks guru for the new version, it is working great

adrazz:
I have also been using fractals for the stop loss and adjusting the sl as a new fractal appears. Thanks guru for the new version, it is working great

Can you share specifically your "system" for trading, using this indicator (which version) and any other indicators, as well as how you take the signals?

Thank you in advance.

mikejody:
Can you share specifically your "system" for trading, using this indicator (which version) and any other indicators, as well as how you take the signals? Thank you in advance.

It's quite simple really, using the volumes indicator only take the buy or sell signal given by the XpMA version 4 (set at period 34 and MA type 1 step period 1) when the volumes has plenty of long grass, using fractals as your stop loss each time a fractal appears then move the stoploss staying in the trade untill 1. you are stopped out or 2. the XpMA changes colour.

adrazz:
It's quite simple really, using the volumes indicator only take the buy or sell signal given by the XpMA version 4 (set at period 34 and MA type 1 step period 1) when the volumes has plenty of long grass, using fractals as your stop loss each time a fractal appears then move the stoploss staying in the trade untill 1. you are stopped out or 2. the XpMA changes colour.

Thank you; what time frame and currency pairs are you using this on? And how do you determine how "long" the volume grass needs to be in order to take signal?

Thank you again.

mikejody:
Thank you; what time frame and currency pairs are you using this on? And how do you determine how "long" the volume grass needs to be in order to take signal? Thank you again.

1 hour time frame seems quite stable, the grass as long as it isnt really small will mean that there is plenty of money flowing, trading the majors cable and the euro/usd in the london and new york open times. Stick with 1 currency pair at first and get a feel for it. You will get some losses but they will be outweighed by the gains.

Hi all. Really perfect indicator. THNX to all. THNX codersguru. But 1 moment - look (Period =1):

Files:
chart.gif  27 kb

fix!

phant0m:
Hi all. Really perfect indicator. THNX to all. THNX codersguru. But 1 moment - look (Period =1):

Fixed! Please update you version! !

codersguru:

Hmm... xpMA_v4.mq4 not latest version? Screenshot made with xpMA_v4.mq4 from https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175446/page7.

What is the latest version? Where can i find it?

Add symbol

codersguru:

Great indicator.

Can You add symbol into alert text ?

Ex. 'Up signal' = 'EURUSD up signal.' .

Because, if some charts are opened.....it's confused from which charts signal is received.

(Sorry for bad English)

How do I make the arrows bigger?