Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 115

I just took a look at the current contest stats. Hendrick is now #6. Short version: PhoenixContest is still in the running for #1.

The top 3 positions are all EURUSD traders.

#1 position only does one trade: BUY EURUSD. If it continues to climb, he stays in profit. Trading 15 lots at a time, he could loose a lot if a trade goes wrong. (100 pip SL, exits at $15,000 loss)

#2 and #3 mix buy and sell trades, seem to have money management, etc. These look like legitimate EA and not a contest toss.

Hendrick is pretty close to #2 and #3 in terms of overall assets. If the EURUSD volatility stays high they will likely remain decent competition.

Phoenix Contest made one win, one loss three times in a row. If the settings for Phoenix hold out until the end of the contest, Hendrick could easily catch #2 even if the EURUSD continues to rise indefinitely. Position #1 is up for grabs if the EURUSD falls below the 2/8 support line at 1.3250. If it falls and stays under for a little while, it likely won't come back up. It keeps testing that line too... Since the 1/8 line 1.3266 was penetrated, it won't rebound fast. Murrey Math doesn't say if it will drop or rebound at this point, but if it does drop beyond 1.3219 it likely won't rebound fast.

Darak

A lot of good news to day...

As every body have the same question a for P5607 or P7... and if you can tell us : when ?

I think to day to leave IBFX : the results are tooooooo bad IBFX = + 39 FXDD + 154 on the more or less same period and difference is soooo... exotic that there is some reason in the signal (or what they call their "signal").

Championship : patience and trust..

In my point of view (huuuum!) lot of big heads want eur a bit down (EZ export), a lot of big heads want $ a bit higher (to pay DT!). (That will smash defenitly the one way EA) and a lot of nuts head like me want that Hendrick wins !!!!!

PhoenixFund = synergistic

daraknor:
Phoenix is anything but dead. The chatter has died down, but the page views and downloads are high as ever. With a release getting 150+ downloads in 48 hours I would think the community is active. With the change in organization, most questions are quickly answered in FAQ, documentation, etc. I posted links to documentation on several message boards that asked a lot of questions about Phoenix. The questions died off immediately, but a few days later people are asking either very intelligent questions or giving commendations on the EA. Hendrick did a good job with the EA, we're trying to do a good job with the documentation and code maintenance. Soon we'll have a new version, after we have a stable version.

I sending a PM to Pcontour, our development goals are pointed the exact same direction for Phoenix 6 and I hope we can work together.

PhoenixFund (through an existing non profit Foundation) was approved as an IB. We have a ton of paperwork to fill out still. I won't earn anything for setting up the PhoenixFund IB, nor anything from people contributing to PhoenixFund from their own pockets. All of the funds donated or through the IB are used for trading Phoenix, minus banking fees. PhoenixFund will donate part of the profits (never contributions) to nonprofits.

I do intend to receive some benefit from my work, but the only benefits will be synergistic, like hosting the PhoenixFund and providing links to commercial services I provide. Forex-TSD.com will continue to be the main communication method for Phoenix, and most of the information will be duplicated. Some info will be better organized as a website than a forum post.

I hope that we will collectively be able to patch the remaining bugs very soon and have a Stable Version of Phoenix.

I like what I read about PhoenixFund and your synergistic philosophy approche. I would appreciate more info about the Fund, the contributions, etc. so I can help and contribute my own way with others I know. You guys generosity by sharing Phoenix Code and gold will help a lot of people. You can be proud of it !

Wishing you the best and the first place !

m6m6:
I like what I read about PhoenixFund and your synergistic philosophy approche. I would appreciate more info about the Fund, the contributions, etc. so I can help and contribute my own way with others I know. You guys generosity by sharing Phoenix Code and gold will help a lot of people. You can be proud of it ! Wishing you the best and the first place !

Bertbin: Phoenix 5.6.7 is available now. I will start major development on Phoenix 6 after Phoenix 5 is stable and my life calms a little (web design customers, MT EA dev customers first). When I'm down to a mere 50 or 60 hour week I'll do more original development. (Maybe next week?)

m6m6, I am very glad that people approve of PhoenixFund as an idea. I don't want to try and profit unjustly from Phoenix either. Taking no money in payment for 20-30 hours a week doesn't bother me, especially if I can use the EA on my own funds. The synergistic approach keeps a healthy separation of interests, although I did plan to release some extensions to Phoenix before Hendrick gave it to us. As code maintainer, I feel that I shouldn't sell anything Phoenix related, but I do think the extensions are worth making. So I will add some into Phoenix 6 and save a few very advanced techniques for my other endeavors (stealth trading might be the only candidate for this). A pile of my private code is going into Phoenix 6, and I feel good about that. Open source and the community will only improve the techniques.

A website for Phoenix Fund will be created shortly, I have a few other immediate concerns. I think it is time to take up the previous offers of website design. (PHP/MySQL with 3-5 pieces of standard CRUD SQL interaction)

Thanks Darak... you are really fast : asking in the morning when ??? and 15 minuts after we got it !!!!

Databank?

Is it just me, or is the databank not working?

Can anyone post an alternative link (that's not on one of the alphari sites?)

Xaviar:
Is it just me, or is the databank not working? Can anyone post an alternative link (that's not on one of the alphari sites?)

Try second or third link in 1st msg of FAQ thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

Mario

aye, I got em, the Alphari website was having tech diff and none of the download links were working.

They fixed it finally