A real life EA for a real live account!! - page 3

Thanks for the EA. Whats the model quality you are getting in backtesting. Its only 31% for me. Any method to improve it?

xxDavidxSxx:
there are a thousand different settings we can use. I know cause I have spent weeks testing. I have god settings I use on real live account but its 66% wins. 1hr chart. And I get some loss on 4hr too.

If you have settings that give better results than why not post them?

To tell us to read the manual(wich I have) and experiment, then thats just wrong.

No need to even post that you have a real life ea that works on real life account if your not gonna post the settings.

edit: this EA has been tested long befor this thread was started. By me and alot of others befor me.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700

attached is my pre set version of the CT. The 85f version is bug free. the 88 version described here has problems and is not intended for use yet. This is from the guys that made it.

use this one on 1 hr chart. you'll average 65+% wins. Max draw down 35%

curently running on real account at 66% wins

takechance:
Thanks for the EA. Whats the model quality you are getting in backtesting. Its only 31% for me. Any method to improve it?

I got 90% quality on backtest. And 100% quality on real account forward test. (it makes me money) But is very slow and conservitive on trading. I am working on more agressive settings to get it to take more trades and maintain good win%.

You need to down load tick data from alpari.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thank you. Please keep us informed on your developments in this particular thread.

xxDavidxSxx:
I got 90% quality on backtest. And 100% quality on real account forward test. (it makes me money) But is very slow and conservitive on trading. I am working on more agressive settings to get it to take more trades and maintain good win%.

You need to down load tick data from alpari.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

sorry for the delay, folks...

We were busy with work and tests with my friend's real account...

and...

I know why we didn't have any loss, until last week... the stoploss is dynamic, we didn't set any value on the staticstoploss...

As some of you know, in about september 25th to october 13th, EUR/USD had a deep political manipulation, due to the ECB financial policies, what moved drastically down the EUR price, and our EA that had an opened buy trade in addition to a high stoploss level, had a huge loss... we had about $224... we loss $181...

my friend started playing manually, and you know, not being experienced with it, he lost all his money...

the thing is, we had our first loss, of about $181 because the stoploss was so high...

we backtested our sets in every month of 2006 and with $200 it passed of every month... making profits of at least $400 in a month...

the thing is, we started our EA with a very low margin, even it being dynamic (staticstoploss = 0)... it made us not to resist a political manipulation on the price as we had...

the firs step now is to have more margin to resist such events...

Files:
setting.rar  1 kb

Submitted by fawaz on Wed, 2006-09-27 18:50.

not good results on crown for H4 using proXP.huge drawdowns using staticstoploss = 0

Bad results with Meta-Trader v.4.00 - build 1.96 - 09/07/2006

Submitted by davidfx108 on Thu, 2006-09-28 19:32.

Project: Cyberia Trader OpenSource

Component: Miscellaneous

Category: bug

Priority: critical

Assigned: scripes

Description

The cyberiaTrader v1.88 (opensource version) is having problems after the update to build 196 of Metatrader 4...

So far, we made backtests with 10k with the same parameters we used before the update to 196 but they have dramatic difference when done after the update to 196.

Periods: 08/22/2006 to 09/09/2006;

I hope to be helping you guys for a better software.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Above are quotes from the cyberia trader site.

when using real money it is a good idea to use a set s/l. Unless you like throwing your money away in 1-2 bad trades.

If thats the case you can throw some my way.

Or better yet open an account with FXDD and I'll manage it for you.(manually)

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

The post above on the Cyberia Decisions site was mine.

I was equivocated... I was wrong...

it was a question of setting... not MT4 version or build, not CybTrd version...

this EA v1.88 is indeed much more real and better than the crap 1.85(x)...

and MetaTrader now is on build 198...

try the settings and the 1.88 ea... worked great to me... the loss we took didn't discouraged us about the good results of it...

no EA could survive a critical price change such as the one we had last 20 days... if it survived, wasn't because of any setting, but because of the margin and right stoploss...

BrazilianTrader:
The post above on the Cyberia Decisions site was mine.

I was equivocated... I was wrong...

it was a question of setting... not MT4 version or build, not CybTrd version...

this EA v1.88 is indeed much more real and better than the crap 1.85(x)...

and MetaTrader now is on build 198...

try the settings and the 1.88 ea... worked great to me... the loss we took didn't discouraged us about the good results of it...

no EA could survive a critical price change such as the one we had last 20 days... if it survived, wasn't because of any setting, but because of the margin and right stoploss...

lol crap 1.85???? I am still making profits on the "crap version" How are you doing?

I think real account results speak for them selves.

and your post wasn't the only one I quoted above. and there are more on the site.

One of the developers(fxspeedster) said 1.85 is the better version. I'd tend to belive him and not some one who just lost there account to ignorance.

Happy trades I'll keep counting my profits and you keep funding your account.

you got a lot of wins to get in a row to make up for that one huge loss.

heh, no, David, it is just to know how it works.

lol, it lost because of a setting... it was huge for the same setting that made it has no loss...

I said, the thing that made it to hold deep until lose $181 is the long stoploss...

If you had an opened trade you would probably have took a loss of about $30 or $40 with another setting for stoploss... (but also have took many other losses before like 3 or 4 of $30 each)

I don't know if you know how stoploss works but that is a game of risk...

if you increase it, in an opened trade you can hold a longer price drawdown to recover the price later and take the profit once it got up again;

if you decrease it, as in a staticstoploss (that is usually set under 100 pips), you wouldn't hold it, what is, your trade would close with a loss of $100 (ifyou made a 0.1 lot trade);

in the end of the story the thing is:

A) the bigger is the stoploss you take, the harder for you to lose a trade;

.. strong points: less losing trades; (it is due to that the 90% of win trades I got)

.. weak points: when you lose a trade, you lose a big ammount of money;

B) the smaller is the stoploss you take, the easier for you to lose a trade;

.. strong points: when you lose a trade, you lose small ammount of money;

.. weak points: you lose trades so many more times thank with a bigger stoploss;

So the thing is to know how to pound those things, the thing is to use the EA that works better for one with the best settings...

To me, in backtest, nothing worked better than CyberiaTrader 1.88, with the parameters I posted;

lets wait and discuss civilizedly...

BrazilianTrader:
heh, no, David, it is just to know how it works.

lol, it lost because of a setting... it was huge for the same setting that made it has no loss...

I said, the thing that made it to hold deep until lose $181 is the long stoploss...

If you had an opened trade you would probably have took a loss of about $30 or $40 with another setting for stoploss... (but also have took many other losses before like 3 or 4 of $30 each)

I don't know if you know how stoploss works but that is a game of risk...

I have mine set to stay out of news. Thats what the gmt, and no trade settings are there for. It opend a position the candle befor the news and it took profit.

I trade for a living, I manage several accounts. I know how it all works all too well.

your risk/reward ratio will kill your account. plain and simple.

I took it personaly when you called the version I use crap. Mabe I shouldn't have.

Actually each and every version makes the same cyberlogic decitions when deciding to make a trade. All the other settings are filters to stop a trade from happening in an undesirable environment.

I have put over 200+ hours in back testing this ea. Including the version your trying to use.

your gonna need 95%+ wins to make using a huge s/l viable. I have also done extensive tests using no s/l and auto s/l setting. 1 loss wipped out 6-10 wins.

3 losses could require15-20 wins just to break even. depending on where it decides to put the s/l. And if the trailing s/l moved it up or not.

The readers can decide for themselves what is good settings and what is bad settings by our results.

edit: On a 1 hr chart it is trying to calculate a 10 pip move in the market. So if it goes against you more than 15 pips then the decition was bad and it need to close and re-evaluate decition for a new trade. If you allow the position to run against you more than 15-20 pips then your just flipping a coin, crossing your fingers, and praying it comes back(fatal flaw of all failed traders, is holding a losing position too long and not knowing when to cut your losses, and wait for the next trade) <-----this is the most true statement made by either of us here and every one knows it. --concreate--