10points 3.mq4 - page 278

I haven't read the whole thread on this, but if you are opening and closing trades based entirely on indicators (and therefore searching for the trend, I assume) you might want to add a time filter to prevent opening new orders during the Asian session, you might filter out some of the whip.

Just a thought.

static:
I haven't read the whole thread on this, but if you are opening and closing trades based entirely on indicators (and therefore searching for the trend, I assume) you might want to add a time filter to prevent opening new orders during the Asian session, you might filter out some of the whip. Just a thought.

I considered filtering out certain sessions but my belief is that there are profits to be made in every session with the right strategy.

Right now my goal is to give this indicator the intelligence to do the best it can with the built in MT4 indicators. After that I'll run more tests. If certain sessions really negatively affect this EA then I'll consider having this EA shift strategies during different sessions.

Maybe during the news announcements and big whip times I could have it shift to a makegrid strategy. Obviously this is a bit out of my present scope, but these are some of my thoughts for now.

-neta1o

Wow

Thanks for the changes Michel

I'll be adding more intelligence to the indicator soon. Here is the updates with the bug fixes. There was one other one when multiple orders were open if profit was reached it was only closing the last order and not all of them.

-neta1o

It doesn't really matter what currency pair you use this on (I use EURUSD and GBPUSD), the more movement the better and only H4 for now.

Tests with that criteria would help my development, thanks everyone.

Different kind of indicators

Look at this indicator, looks dynamic. Link:

Trend Explosion Forex Trading System - Forex Trading Forum

neta1o:
Well here is the program entirely re-written. DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS LIVE.

You may demo trade if you wish. Basically, I rewrote the 10points3 code from scratch. I took out a lot and cleaned up the 10points3 code. I also added a new function called marketQuality. This is the basis of the entry and the exit of the program.

Right now I have a simple RSI script in there, but it clearly doesn't succeed. If any big runs happens it'll fail.

I plan on adding a lot of intelligence to this.

Test it out demo if you'd like and. Let me know what we can add or subtract.

What are some good indicators that are true to direction real time?

EDIT: This has no T/P or S/L because it uses indicators to open and close the orders.

I think to make a truly successful EA we'll need to make more of the variables dynamic. It needs to adjust with the market or it will always fail. The TakeProfit and the PipStep may need to be dynamic depending on the market volume and trade volatility. It would also probably make sense to program in a conservative money management so we can avoid having everyone tinker with the maxtrade variable. The maxtrade variable can then be dynamic based on account balance.

manz66:
Look at this indicator, looks dynamic. Link: Trend Explosion Forex Trading System - Forex Trading Forum

Did you see any links to code or download? I couldn't find it, just a description...

This system is based on multi time frame indicators

Here is a link to get this kind of MTF indicators in TSD

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

To understand what indicators he is using here is video link:

YouTube - FOREX: Trend Explosion FOREX Trading System

neta1o:
Did you see any links to code or download? I couldn't find it, just a description...

Thanks manz66

I'm also currently looking at the following indicators

ADX

RVI

HMA

Waddah Attar Trend

etc...

Keep checking back

Fxao

neta1o,

after the change over to H4 the EA has performed better, the whipsaw effect has been removed.

As mentioned previously I have added GBPUSD to the EURUSD to give FXAO more of a challenge and am continuing to test on a very small mini account.

It may have been lucky to be in the right direction over the past surge upwards in both pairs but it has generated good profit.

Will be very interested to test your new version with extra indicators in place when you have the time to devote to it.

John

Files:
fxao2.htm  19 kb
fxao2.gif  5 kb

Fxao

So where are the results from the testing??

This EA is performing very well and it seems that I am the only one interested.

neta1o is on to something here and needs helpers to test and report results, he has spent lots of his time rewriting the code from scratch and has given it to us freely, the least we can do it forward test and report.

Using a mini account and trading .1 units it has produced a closed profit of $80 since the 9th with no floating loss. A lot better than other commercial EAs I am testing under the same conditions.

John

Edited to add that the slow start was due to my using the M30 timeframe and the EA getting whipsaw from the RSI signals. As soon as the H4 was used the results were quite different.

Files:
fxao3.htm  22 kb
fxao3.gif  5 kb

Where the link to dload this EA?I mean the updated and the modified one.I wanna try oso...