10points 3.mq4 - page 259

enzoforex:
according to you which report and' best?

excuse me.....

Files:

yeoeleven:
I certainly haven't given up but my emphasis has moved from demo testing to live trading. Last week I was forward testing 7 different platforms and with the exception of the live account and the parallel demo account all had poor results.

GoblinFibo on two platforms, V12betahedge long & short only, V12beta3 hedge reverse0 & reverse1 & FireBird065 all came up losers for the week.

A private martingale EA with the safest settings came up with $37 profit and a demo account with $55, both on a $1500 Velocity account and both with identical settings. It has often been said that demo account trading doesn't always translate into live trading with the same results and I have certainly proved that last week.

Overall I have found that backtesting generally only gives a direction to take with demo trading and demo trading can not be trusted to provide live profits but both pave the way and are important in achieving an overall successful result.

This week I have reduced my platforms and am only testing V12Beta3 (not hedged) & FireBird065 as well as both the Velocity accounts and I can report an $18 profit live and a $24 demo profit there. The others are in profit but have floating loss.

So I am not posting as much as before but still reading and offering help where requested and still totally amazed that a tentative post that I made last August has blossomed into this huge thread. The interchange over the time has certainly helped me to understand martingale trading better than any other way and I hope also has helped others.

John

Hey john,

thanks once more for your contribution, what are your settings, are you using a regular 10pt3 ? Can you share where you have found the sweet spot of the martingale on the Euro or GBP?

Tks

enzoforex:
according to you which report and' best?

what is your setting and time frame?

V12_beta3

berdj:
Hey john,

thanks once more for your contribution, what are your settings, are you using a regular 10pt3 ? Can you share where you have found the sweet spot of the martingale on the Euro or GBP?

Tks

The martingale EA that I am testing on the demo account is V12_beta3. David has distributed this to his group as well as the RB26 but I have not had success with RB. There will be an update to the RB covering some of the issues that have surfaced since group testing began. The live EA is a private martingale EA.

Both are being used with default settings in deference to the authors experience with the exception that the live acount has not used MM settings.

Over months of testing I have found that by far the safest pair to use is EURUSD and I would recommend using that pair only and gradually increase the start up lot manually as the account grows. Just my thinking is that the MM feature seems not to take fully into account either other pairs or the progressive nature of martingale EAs.

John

V12 beta3? I have v12, but is there another version of it called beta 3, or is it all the same?

yeoeleven:
The martingale EA that I am testing on the demo account is V12_beta3. David has distributed this to his group as well as the RB26 but I have not had success with RB. There will be an update to the RB covering some of the issues that have surfaced since group testing began. The live EA is a private martingale EA.

Both are being used with default settings in deference to the authors experience with the exception that the live acount has not used MM settings.

Over months of testing I have found that by far the safest pair to use is EURUSD and I would recommend using that pair only and gradually increase the start up lot manually as the account grows. Just my thinking is that the MM feature seems not to take fully into account either other pairs or the progressive nature of martingale EAs.

John

Explanation 2

What do You mean on the chart example when You said You doubled down? How do You know when to buy or sell? Why do You need the Volume indicator?........................

davidke20:
Its all here, everything is explained and elaborate by the chart.

Buy 1.3500 0.10lot

So, I always buy at at new round number?The 100?1.3400, 1.3500,1.3600?

if profit, take profit. if loss, and fail to 1.3480

I'm guessing the profit would be 100 pips?

Buy 1.3480 0.20lot

So, when goes 20 pips againts You, You buy 2 lots?

when price retrace 10pips, you're already breakeven. current situation as below.

What if it doesn't retrace 10 Pips, and goes 200 pips againts You?

current price 1.3490

buy 1.3500 0.10lot -10 dollars

buy 1.3480 0.20lot +10 dollars

Okay.

close off position becaue this is a false signal in the 1st place. Not neccessarily have to wait until 20pips retrace to close off positions.

Then how much?

After closure, look for another new signal to get in to profit again.

Which would be another 100 pips away, right? Or do You just enter anywhere?

Regards

David

David will you be sharing V12Beta3 with us soon?

yeoeleven:

John

David

Will you be sharing beta3 with some of us here I am very keen on testing it.

Tks

berdj

Dan7974:
What do You mean on the chart example when You said You doubled down? How do You know when to buy or sell? Why do You need the Volume indicator?

Nothing to do with the volume. Decorations!

Buy 1.3500 0.10lot

So, I always buy at at new round number?The 100?1.3400, 1.3500,1.3600?

Not neccessarily to take round figure. Follow your indicator

if profit, take profit. if loss, and fail to 1.3480

I'm guessing the profit would be 100 pips?

I prefer scalping ~ mid term trading. Max TP I get so far is 35 only.

Buy 1.3480 0.20lot

So, when goes 20 pips againts You, You buy 2 lots?

Correct

when price retrace 10pips, you're already breakeven. current situation as below.

What if it doesn't retrace 10 Pips, and goes 200 pips againts You?

How often do you see the market plunged 200pips without 10pips retracement?

current price 1.3490

buy 1.3500 0.10lot -10 dollars

buy 1.3480 0.20lot +10 dollars

Okay.

close off position becaue this is a false signal in the 1st place. Not neccessarily have to wait until 20pips retrace to close off positions.

Then how much?

Already answered you. If you're 20pip step, 10pips will be breakeven. Check the above statement!

After closure, look for another new signal to get in to profit again.

Which would be another 100 pips away, right? Or do You just enter anywhere?

Thats the reason I tell you must look at the indicator. If not you'll have to wait until your balls distach from your penis to get a trade.:D Kidding dude.

You shall not fully follow the double down distance for all the currency pair, because different currency pair will have different attitude. You may need a pip stepping of 50pips for GBPUSD though. Hope this help.

Regards

David

berdj:
David

Will you be sharing beta3 with some of us here I am very keen on testing it.

Tks

berdj
robp:
V12 beta3? I have v12, but is there another version of it called beta 3, or is it all the same?

Beta3 will not release for testing. Will be release as is when I decided to shut down all my researches in the near future. Therefor, when I decided to release, you'll see V12 and no more beta on the back.

Regards

David

yeoeleven:

So I am not posting as much as before but still reading and offering help where requested and still totally amazed that a tentative post that I made last August has blossomed into this huge thread. The interchange over the time has certainly helped me to understand martingale trading better than any other way and I hope also has helped others.

It has helped me immensely, and I'm sure it's helped many others.

Best wishes on the live trading!