10points 3.mq4 - page 146

FutureMillionaire?:
OK, I'm confused.

Although I'm trading live. I've still got my demo accounts running. I've got one running normal lots, and one running small lots. Both have the same settings.

The one with normal lots (Big) suffered a big loss, and did not double beyond 3.20 lots. The one with small lots (Small) went to the next level (O.64) and won. My live account never broke a sweat, and only got to 0.16

Why?

Your big account was not big enough for your lotsize.

compare: small $3000 using 0.01 - big $5000 using 0.1 (tenfold while account is not twice as big!)

Not enough

Depending on the leverage you're using, 1 lot needs $500 margin(1:200 IBFX you're using.)

Combo Account

Refer to post #1450 for more details.

I closed off the EAs during the News Events Wednesday AM EST but was still able to gain around $150 in the day.

With all the information given and good results obtained I am surprised that no one else has taken up the challenge and posted their own results.

The statements are seperated so that with a little effort it can be established which of the 2 EAs is performing best.

John

Files:
combo6.htm  96 kb
combo6.gif  6 kb

testern:
Hello,

what version are you using? Can you upload it or direct us to its post number?

thanks

I'm still using the one posted at #178

humax:
Your big account was not big enough for your lotsize.

compare: small $3000 using 0.01 - big $5000 using 0.1 (tenfold while account is not twice as big!)

Not enough

Depending on the leverage you're using, 1 lot needs $500 margin(1:200 IBFX you're using.)

OK, thanks. It's official ..... I'm an idiot

davidke20:
No matter which type of martingale EA will never change my setups, which is

Profit=10

StopLoss=1(Dynamic stop features only)

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5(Depends on which indicator using, higher potential EA will put 6 instead of 5, never got up to 7. Too risky)

Maybe I've got something wrong.

....All it does, with these settings, is lose.

FutureMillionaire?:
Maybe I've got something wrong. ....All it does, with these settings, is lose.

You're not the only one. I've been testing it also. It'll win $50-60 and then it'll drop -$250. That is alot to climb it back. Back to back stop loss and you're in a big hole.

I know this is probably a bit late to be doing this ... but I've started backtesting 10points3. I realise that backtesting is regarded as not too reliable, but I thought it might help me fine tune my settings. I've just started with my real settings, with a view to tweaking them, but it's already uncovered a rather uncomfortable result (it's still running here in the background ... God, it's slow - almost real time). It's shown a MaxTrade loss on 3rd Jan 2007. I can't see any major news that would have caused that (therefore, using my - turn off during the news - plan, I would have suffered a major loss). John (Yeoeleven), did you notice a loss on that day?

I'm starting to rethink my strategy. I thought the potential gains could cope with the occasional loss, but 10points3 has gone nowhere fast (I'm $18 up at the moment ... which is not enough to absorb a MaxTrades loss)

My 10_point_4_(mode1e) demo is losing too and Goblin has yet to open a trade

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
Maybe I've got something wrong. ....All it does, with these settings, is lose.

PM me with your email address.

FutureMillionaire?:

My 10_point_4_(mode1e) demo is losing too and Goblin has yet to open a trade

ps. I've got Goblin trading now. I was missing the indicators.

Ray,

I think this would help. When AccountProtection=1, SecureProfit and OrdersToProtect is activated.

10point3 means:

MaxTrade=10

SecureProfit=10 where total equity grow by 10 dollars and hit the orderstoprotect progression, it close no matter slippage or what

OrdersToProtect=3When reaching 3rd progression progression, the EA will look at the equity to decide whether bail or not, above 10 dollars as example, when 0.1....0.2....0.4 when price retrace and reaches 10 dollars profit, EA will close off all the positions

AccountProtection=1To activate OrdersToProtect & SecureProfit

Therefore, 10point3 means max trade 10, orders to protect is 3. Good luck

Regards,

David