10points 3.mq4 - page 144

different magic numbers

Anyone testing the Vol pro editions of 10 points 3 if you are using more than 1 different version on the same currency pair you will need to change the magic number forgot to change this while doing the mod (too many senior moments lately). You can easily do this on the external parameters of the e.a.

Hope this helps

tools

Reports

Unfortunately I have 2 very poor detailed statements to post.

Firstly the Goblin Rel2 was going short on EURUSD with trades on .2 units when unexpectedly it went long with a trade of 6.4 units it closed off shortly after with a total loss of $1060.

Secondly testing Vol Pro and Vol Pro1 I had a trade with Vol Pro resulting in a loss of $441 and Vol Pro1 has not yet traded.

Fortunately my combo account is still making profit and I will give a detailed statement tomorrow.

John

Files:
rel22.htm  15 kb
rel22.gif  5 kb
vol1.htm  8 kb
vol1.gif  5 kb

yeoeleven:
Over the past 6 months I have forward tested many pairs other than the ones listed in the code. I have come to the conclusion that the more pairs under test gives the more opportunity to get involved in a MaxTrades loss so now I limit my testing to one pair per EA. I would rather have a small profit consistantly than run the risk of a large loss.....

I agree, not to go overboard, but a second unrelated pair could give movement when your primary pair is stalling.

Your testing still only shows USD related pairs. I wonder whether a non-USD pair may never have the volatility so that the MaxTrades scenario might never raise its ugly head (as long as it has enough movement to trigger trades)

Ray

Previous posts

FutureMillionaire?:
I agree, not to go overboard, but a second unrelated pair could give movement when your primary pair is stalling.

Your testing still only shows USD related pairs. I wonder whether a non-USD pair may never have the volatility so that the MaxTrades scenario might never raise its ugly head (as long as it has enough movement to trigger trades)

Ray

Ray,

you are welcome to go back through the pages looking for detailed statements covering my previous testing of unrelated pairs and from memory GBPJPY cost me a few MaxTrades losses. Probably around November would be a most likely time to look.

So from now on you only will see the Majors in my testing and most likely only EURUSD & GBPUSD but keep up the enquiring and use some of those pairs on your demo testing but be sure to let us know of any suitable pairs. A study of this Range trading Guide may help you to find suitable pairs to forward test.

John

Files:

yeoeleven:
A study of this Range trading Guide may help you to find suitable pairs to forward test.

Thanks very much. I've already picked out some interesting points from that ... but I'll need to go into it further.

From my quick first look, it would appear that there are some pairs that aren't great movers (EURGBP for example). I wonder if there's any benefit from trading these, but tightening up the pips/take profit settings. Taken to its logical extreme, with very tight settings, it could turn this EA into a scalper. The only problem would be.. the max trades would have to go up to guard against the bigger move (BoE interest rate change), so might not work.

..... Just thinking aloud.

Ray

davidke20:
No matter which type of martingale EA will never change my setups, which is

Profit=10

StopLoss=1(Dynamic stop features only)

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5(Depends on which indicator using, higher potential EA will put 6 instead of 5, never got up to 7. Too risky)

I've just been looking back at my settings, and I'm not sure I've got them right.

What is the difference between SecureProfit and TakeProfit? I've got my SecureProfit set to 10, yet it just retraced 23 pips and didn't close. (my TakeProfit is set to 25)

Isn't 6 for a Pips setting very small. I'd imagine you'd hit the max trades very quickly with that.

yeoeleven:
The NFP for March will be announced on Friday the 9th.

Talking about volatile news announcements and going back to the trading competition between myself and David there was another group of announcements which between them caused my account to hit the MaxTrades5 stop loss and they occur again this week.

USD GDP Annualized q/q (r)

USD GDP Deflator Annualized q/q (r)

USD Chicago PMI

USD New Home Sales

USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks

I have not given times because they will differ according to your own Time Zone but for me in Australia EST they occur between 11.30PM Wednesday night and 1.00AM Thursday morning.

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php?c=2&week=1172361600&do=displayweek&month=3&year=2007

and click on to the date at the top of the page to adjust the time to your own Time Zone.

Forewarned is forearmed and I will be closing down my martingale EAs prior to that time and reopening them a couple of hours after. I will turn off the EAs first then close down the trades. This month may be different to last but I will take a lesson from last month and avoid trading through that potentially volatile period.

John

I've just been reading that Range Trade Guide you posted. On page 16, there's a list of the news events to avoid. The CHF KOF LEI is also due on Wednesday ... so that's another good reason to switch off that day.

Ray

There is nothings wrong with turning 10point3 into a scalper, because thats where it came from. The original idea for 10point3 is to scalp whatever pips left behind on serius move. All I did for it is tighten the stop loss and lower max trade. Give and take. There is no point to be stubborn and wanted to win all the trades. There is bad days for me to, which 4 consecutive loss would have wiped out 50% of my account, but who cares?! I even had a chance to hit margin call on the 1st trade. Look at live account 2 statements. 1st trade was a margin call that wiped me off 70% margin. And I totally forgotton I have a live account with 500 bucks, after a month i take a look at it, it already grow up to 150% profit. weird huh? sometimes is because of human error. greed and fear did affect the EA trading alot. Such as close position before it mature. Removed EA where ranging time is ahead(which is going to be profitable time). Plug in during high volatility. Guess what?! BOOM!!!

Regards,

David

davidke20:
well... probably this will expain all your wonder. good luck.

.. and that was 10points 3_dynamic_stop with these settings.....

Profit=10

StopLoss=1(Dynamic stop features only)

Pips=6

MaxTrade=5(Depends on which indicator using, higher potential EA will put 6 instead of 5, never got up to 7. Too risky)

Right?

I shall have to give that a go.

Cheers,

Ray

... hang on, you didn't explain the difference between SecureProfit and TakeProfit. You say set profit=10. Which is it?

Ray