10points 3.mq4 - page 378

erdenmensch:
Hi, is the timefilter important? When I deactivate it, I have much better results.

Main function of TimeFilter is to eleminate trading during New York session. Ofcourse if you disable it, chances of getting more trades(more profit) or even blow up the account will be greater. Give and take. I choose to stay in the market longer.

Regards

David

Enforcer:
Oh, really?

Why you don't post your test results?

I tested all versions of 10p3 and in my opinion best is 10p3v0.03.

I also start forward testing this version a moth ago. Up to date I can say:

stay away from any JPY pair!

For a deposit of 1200$ profit is ~500$ and max DD 35%,

I removed all JPY pairs and will see how it perform in future.

As for newer versions I can't find better results than 10p3v0.03 no matter what settings I try...

Here are my results with your settings.

Wow, I am dissapointed to see you did not get the same result. I used previously downloaded metaquotes data and it said modeling quality 89.96%. Sorry, I don't know how to post my stategy tester report. Are you using Alpari data? One thing's for sure, our data is different. I've had bad experiences using what I thought was safe settings and having it blow up in live trading.

davidke20:
Main function of TimeFilter is to eleminate trading during New York session. Ofcourse if you disable it, chances of getting more trades(more profit) or even blow up the account will be greater. Give and take. I choose to stay in the market longer.

Regards

David

I think same like you, thanks for your answer.

Mixed results

I tested on another computer the same settings as I posted before.

The bad trade

See in this chart where I drew an arrow over the bar, it should have taken the next sell order on this bar at 10 pips above the previous order and it didn't resulting in a net loss on this group of trades. This could be just a glitch with the backtester.

Files:

I used fresh downloaded data from Metaquotes.

Do a fresh download and test again, I got bogus results with a lot of EAs and everything changed after a new download.

With Metatrader offline go to tester/history and delete all content.

Do the same to history/downloads.

Open Metatrader and press F2, download data for pair you desire.

veritasfx:
live performance in June till last week, not that good, less than 10%, but satisfied for less than 50% in one and half month. trading detail as attached. Adjusted some parameters this month so the profit less than last month but avoided margin call. June is very dangerous for the 10p ea, coz it goes up and down for more than 200 pips. There're twice opened max single 1.28 lots which are obviously shown in the chart below.

Please hide your name and account number for security reasons.

Regards

David

report since 05.02.2001 with alpari-data in 4 H timeframe (like in large, so in small)

this ea have had some big DD and in 07.07.2003 the EA has crashed. Then look at the profits in 2 years and 2 month. This is nothing for me. Ive made in manually trading in a game 4.400 %! in one month. and this style of trading is the best for me, because I see what I doing. For me is not the past and also the future important, no, for me is right now important.

live performance in June so so far

live performance in June till last week, not that good, less than 10%, but satisfied for less than 50% in one and half month. trading detail as attached.

Adjusted some parameters this month so the profit less than last month but avoided margin call. June is very dangerous for the 10p ea, coz it goes up and down for more than 200 pips. There're twice opened max single 1.28 lots which are obviously shown in the chart below.

Files:
june.gif  7 kb