10points 3.mq4 - page 334

10p3v002 not opening with FXDD.

Last night at 10:17pm within 1 second of each other I activated a demo account with IBFX, a live accuont with IBFX, a demo account with FXDD, all with identical initial deposit, EA, and preset.

Now, the IBFX accounts have trades on them, the FXDD account has no activity.

Would appreciate explanations or advice.

Thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Fxdd

forexjim:
Last night at 10:17pm within 1 second of each other I activated a demo account with IBFX, a live accuont with IBFX, a demo account with FXDD, all with identical initial deposit, EA, and preset.

Thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Jim

I have never used FXDD but there could be a different account number needed in the set.

Check the Experts and the Journal tabs for any information, they could show up error codes or messages.

Check the minimum lot size to ensure that the broker will accept the lot size you have nominated in the set.

Those are some things to check, I hope you can solve the non trading problem.

John

Edited to add the basic first step........have you got the smiley face on the chart? if not you may have to activate live trading on the platform via Tools/ Options/ Expert Advisers/ Allow live trading

forexjim:

Thanks.

Best,

forexjim

From what I know, FXDD no longer offer 0.01 lot. Besides, the 0.01lot in IBFX means 1cent/pip, but the other broker is 10cent/pip with the same value. Therefore, my advice is if you wanted to demo with FXDD, you need atleast 10k balance to demo with them in order to open 0.10 lot. On the other hand, if you wanted to see 2 different broker's platform having action togather, its almost impossible because most broker manipulate their data. The MACD crossing time might vary from different broker's data feed. 10p3 is well developed for IBFX, if you wanted it to work with other broker, atleast put them into backtest and checkout how much different before you make any conclusion. Cheers

Regards

David

davidke20:
From what I know, FXDD no longer offer 0.01 lot. Besides, the 0.01lot in IBFX means 1cent/pip, but the other broker is 10cent/pip with the same value. Therefore, my advice is if you wanted to demo with FXDD, you need atleast 10k balance to demo with them in order to open 0.10 lot. On the other hand, if you wanted to see 2 different broker's platform having action togather, its almost impossible because most broker manipulate their data. The MACD crossing time might vary from different broker's data feed. 10p3 is well developed for IBFX, if you wanted it to work with other broker, atleast put them into backtest and checkout how much different before you make any conclusion. Cheers

Regards

David

Hi David and John,

Absolutely you are right: I will stay with IBFX for now and will not get into other brokers until at least some backtests are done.

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

The difference between 10point3ke20 and 10p3v002.

Hi Davidke20,

Could you please explain the difference 10point3ke20 and 10p3v002?

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi Davidke20,

Could you please explain the difference 10point3ke20 and 10p3v002?

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Couldn't remember which version and where is it located at. Mind to paste a link here?

Regards

David

10point3ke20

davidke20:
Couldn't remember which version and where is it located at. Mind to paste a link here?

Regards

David

Hi, Davidke20,

I am referring to the 10point3ke20 on post #5 at this thread:

10points3 Ea

Are there differences between the two?

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

10p3v002, John's preset, live acct IBFX result.

Hi, Yeoeleven,

Could you advise why the same 0.01 lot sells had 7 times loss difference (circled)?

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Hi, Look at the opened and closed prices on the statement,

forexjim:
Hi, Yeoeleven,

Could you advise why the same 0.01 lot sells had 7 times loss difference (circled)?

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Difference in loss

forexjim:
Hi, Yeoeleven,

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Jim,

I am not sure why the trades closed off when they were involved in the progression will you check your settings? My demo account has never done that it only has closed off in profit.

My account has problems right now and I am hoping that a return in prices will allow it to survive. When the progression eventually either returns to profitability or hits the margin call I will post the detailed statement.

The answer to the different closures lies in the progression, the first loss occurred in a progression that went to .27 and the second progression went to .81. Clearly the longer the progression the more distance the first trade has to travel.

John