10points 3.mq4 - page 252

Stop loss

robp:
Hi David, How does the stop in v 12 work? I have initial stop set to 1. I thought that meant that it took an sl when max trades was hit. I have max trades at 10. But some trades were stopped out before max trades. Thx

To understand how the Dynamic Stop and the Initial Stop works go to page 19 and read how the creator Tururo explains it.

Another factor involving earlier closure is Account Protection and Orders to Protect which will close down a losing sequence earlier than the MaxTrades by the number of Orders to Protect.

One of the better features of V12 is it's ability to bail out when achieving overall profit. David can explain how it does it but it is far better than achieving profit only to find it lost on the way to an overall loss.

John

My mistake, it did in fact close at max 10 trades. v12 was doing well, until it hit those 10 and stopped me out -- taking the profit with it.

yeoeleven:
To understand how the Dynamic Stop and the Initial Stop works go to page 19 and read how the creator Tururo explains it.

Another factor involving earlier closure is Account Protection and Orders to Protect which will close down a losing sequence earlier than the MaxTrades by the number of Orders to Protect.

One of the better features of V12 is it's ability to bail out when achieving overall profit. David can explain how it does it but it is far better than achieving profit only to find it lost on the way to an overall loss.

John

Tawa, check your pm's please.

hi david and others. i did some research in 10point3 dynamicstop from tururo, but i have a problem. if you set initial stop loss 0, you have a behaviour, but if you set initial stop 10000 (never be touched), YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT BEHAVOIUR, THE TRADES ARENT THE SAME. i check the code an initial stop only determine the dynamic stop loss and it doesnt affect other variabes. this will be a bug. Please check.

THANKS.

Thanks. It's been a long time since I read that. I also thought secure profit would help, but that didn't seem to. If secure profit it set at 200, is something supposed to happen when my equity reaches $200? My account protection is 1, orders to protect 3, and secure profit 200. But nothing happens when it hits $200. I just can't figure out why a usdcad trade stopped out. It went max 10 trades. 10th entry was at 1.1350. Price went to a low of 1.1330 -- 5 pips within the 25 pipstep. It then closed out all 10 trades at 1.1341. And then within a couple hours price retraced and would have hit the tp. If anyone trading v12 can help explain this -- thank you.

yeoeleven:

John

TAWA, please contact me. Thank you.

robp:
Thanks. It's been a long time since I read that. I also thought secure profit would help, but that didn't seem to. If secure profit it set at 200, is something supposed to happen when my equity reaches $200? My account protection is 1, orders to protect 3, and secure profit 200. But nothing happens when it hits $200. I just can't figure out why a usdcad trade stopped out. It went max 10 trades. 10th entry was at 1.1350. Price went to a low of 1.1330 -- 5 pips within the 25 pipstep. It then closed out all 10 trades at 1.1341. And then within a couple hours price retraced and would have hit the tp. If anyone trading v12 can help explain this -- thank you.

Basically you get the entire idea. MaxTrade=10, OrderstoProtect=3, that makes you need to go up to 7th progression to activate the SecureProfit. But, you're margin called before it hit the 7th progression. Therefor, tone down the risk and secure profit can greatly reduce the chances of MARGIN CALL.

Regards

David

Opps, I just rechecked your statement. Its not your fault. The only explaination I can bring up is, the market moving too fast during the closure of the positions. Which is when the last position close, it should be in profit already, when the 9th,8th,7th,6th,5th,4th,3rd,2nd and 1st position close, slippage is counted. Therefor, could be your last few progression make a loss for you, very possible.

Regards

David

If you dont mind, can you please repost your statement again? I think this is a serious issue. Would like to have a deeper look into it. Please, if you would be so kind to provide me with your screenshot, that will be great. Cheers

Regards

David

Here's the statement. There was no margin call -- positions just closed. I also pm'd you about something.

davidke20:
If you dont mind, can you please repost your statement again? I think this is a serious issue. Would like to have a deeper look into it. Please, if you would be so kind to provide me with your screenshot, that will be great. Cheers

Regards

David
Files: