10points 3.mq4 - page 229

David

i send you my account number and the email

for a test can you confirm if you have it

muchas gracias

thanks

FutureMillionaire?:
I shall also have quite a number of extra computers .. so I intend setting up a bank of them, to run lots and lots of demo EAs. Ray

Actually you should be able to run 20 to 30 instances of MT4 on EACH computer. The trick is to install each to it's own folder. It works best when you have a separate hard drive dedicated to your MT4 Programs.

When you do this you are able to forward test EAs against real data AND on different brokers. I usually forward test on IBFX, MIG, FXDD and Crown. Another benefit of doing it this way is Journaling your platform and broker specific results... all brokers are not created equal and this will point that out

For example MIG is almost always 1 pip lower for EURUSD than IBFX... no matter when you look at it... even though they both have a 2 pip spread.

NOTE OF CAUTION - when you want to get rid of a bad EA just delete the folder that you are running it out of - if you actually remove the program from the control panel you could kill all instances of MT4 installed from that broker.

some thoughts

Hi all,

I see lots of fuss going on about david and his mysterious EA. Tons of people desperately looking for a way to stop thinking themselves and rely on some Deus ex machina (god from machine) instead. Well, I believe this is just not the way to go. Forex is no ATM, no matter which EA you use. Guys, now most of you know nothing about EAs, david's eas in particular, some of you don't know how to attach EA to a chart. And all you dreaming of is getting some piece of code, running to a bank for a fat loan and then getting a villa in Bahamas. I wrote enough eas myself to understand that there is no holy grail, there is some statistical advantage at best, and you still need to figure out how to use it. So I suggest you just sit in front of a screen for one day, all day long, and papertrade or demo trade some system, there are plenty of them here. This will give you more expierence and understanding than all eas in this site. But I am talking work and effort again, am I? I am starting to trade manually myself after playing with all kind of eas for 2 years, still lot to do and to learn, but this way I am sure I control the situation and no one else is to blame if my account gets wiped. So stop bugging david and get to it yourselves, you will see, soon you will need no ea.

Nice Thread!

229 pages and counting, most of which is just dumb shit. Please continue to fight, it is very entertaining!

mrv:
I am starting to trade manually myself after playing with all kind of EAs for 2 years, still lot to do and to learn, but this way I am sure I control the situation and no one else is to blame if my account gets wiped.

Why "bug" Dave? First off - it is not bugging - it is participating in creating a fantastic EA that can work very diverse market conditions while removing the constant decision making from the process.

I am a successfully stock trader... but guess what - I want my life back.. Nobody serious about developing EAs are looking for a god in a machine... we looking to improve on a process that currently requires us to as you say... sit there and trade manually.

I have yet to hear anyone here blame anyone for anything.. are you looking to blame someone for something?

We are tweaking a system...

It is an art - may be you wouldn't get it...

Actually you should be able to run 20 to 30 instances of MT4 on EACH computer. The trick is to install each to it's own folder. It works best when you have a separate hard drive dedicated to your MT4 Programs.

I'm running 40 MT terminals simultaniuosly on 2 computers. It is really important that you do not ''exceed'' the affordable number of terminals on your computer, otherwise it starts to work very slowly....

To David

when you will sent the EA to the team ??? dont forget cek my email, I do not wan't miss second time.

Regards

promo01

David, good job making people exited about martingale systems!

I think both 10point3 and V12 are already good EA's and can make money. If used properly.

What I am curious about is, when you're done testing the new version and it meets up to your expectations, will you share the EA here on TSD? Or do you other commercial plans for it?

Grandpa John, how is that testing account doing? Haven't seen it for awhile. (the one starting 19k and was up to 100+k)

We haven't forgotten about you. At least I didn't.

Here is a update op one testing account of mine which did survive with agressive settings. It is a hedged account and got margin called twice. Imagine how it could have been without.....

btw. no compounding. From now on, I don't think I will get a margin call again if the market doesn't do weird things.

Files:

Here is a update op one testing account of mine which did survive with agressive settings. It is a hedged account and got margin called twice. Imagine how it could have been without..... btw. no compounding. From now on, I don't think I will get a margin call again if the market doesn't do weird things.

Don't you think that GBP/USD is very valotile for trading?

V12

humax:

Grandpa John, how is that testing account doing? Haven't seen it for awhile. (the one starting 19k and was up to 100+k)

We haven't forgotten about you. At least I didn't.

The account is doing very well thank you. In consultation with David I changed some settings and added 5 other pairs, it wasn't the best idea and have now closed off those pairs but still have a floating balance EURCHF and when that pair gets back to profitability it will be closed.

John

Files:
v12nf15.htm  71 kb
v12nf15.gif  5 kb